MSGSRV.32 error help

My son-in-law called and said he was constantly receiving the "MSGSRV.32 not
Responding" and that it was crashing his system. Could anyone here help?
He is running a Gateway 233mhz/Win98 system. Thank you for any information
I can forward to him.

Bob
3 answers Last reply
More about msgsrv error help

    Not without more information - what program is crashing? Is the system up
    to date on critical updates, with current, real-time, all the time antivirus
    and firewall software? Has it been scanned for spyware?

    Bob Moyer wrote:

    > My son-in-law called and said he was constantly receiving the "MSGSRV.32 not
    > Responding" and that it was crashing his system. Could anyone here help?
    > He is running a Gateway 233mhz/Win98 system. Thank you for any information
    > I can forward to him.
    >
    > Bob

    Try turning off power management.

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q169987/

    Thank you Mr. Neth & Fireclown for your quick replies. The crashes are
    random in all of the software he is running. The only things he has
    installed before he started having this problem is "Ad-aware" by Lavasoft
    and he installed some type of software that allowed him to use one of those
    small USB removable drives. After he mentioned that, I immediately thought
    that that was the probable cause. Anyway I passed on the two email

    Bob

    "Fireclown" <Fireclown@spamblock.com> wrote in message
    > Bob Moyer wrote:
    >
    > > My son-in-law called and said he was constantly receiving the "MSGSRV.32
    not
    > > Responding" and that it was crashing his system. Could anyone here
    help?
    > > He is running a Gateway 233mhz/Win98 system. Thank you for any
    information
    > > I can forward to him.
    > >
    > > Bob
    > >

    > Try turning off power management.