MSGSRV.32 error help

Last response: in Computer Brands
December 12, 2004 7:44:52 PM

My son-in-law called and said he was constantly receiving the "MSGSRV.32 not
Responding" and that it was crashing his system. Could anyone here help?
He is running a Gateway 233mhz/Win98 system. Thank you for any information
I can forward to him.

Bob

More about : msgsrv error

Anonymous
December 12, 2004 7:44:53 PM

Not without more information - what program is crashing? Is the system up
to date on critical updates, with current, real-time, all the time antivirus
and firewall software? Has it been scanned for spyware?

"Bob Moyer" <bob.moyer@dol.net> wrote in message
> My son-in-law called and said he was constantly receiving the "MSGSRV.32
> not
> Responding" and that it was crashing his system. Could anyone here help?
> He is running a Gateway 233mhz/Win98 system. Thank you for any
> information
> I can forward to him.
>
> Bob

Anonymous
December 12, 2004 7:44:53 PM

Bob Moyer wrote:

> My son-in-law called and said he was constantly receiving the "MSGSRV.32 not
> Responding" and that it was crashing his system. Could anyone here help?
> He is running a Gateway 233mhz/Win98 system. Thank you for any information
> I can forward to him.
>
> Bob

Try turning off power management.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q169987/
Anonymous
December 13, 2004 4:23:22 AM

Thank you Mr. Neth & Fireclown for your quick replies. The crashes are
random in all of the software he is running. The only things he has
installed before he started having this problem is "Ad-aware" by Lavasoft
and he installed some type of software that allowed him to use one of those
small USB removable drives. After he mentioned that, I immediately thought
that that was the probable cause. Anyway I passed on the two email

Bob