Closed

Water Damage on LG VX4500

Last response: in Network Providers
August 23, 2005 1:45:55 AM

My phone is water-damaged according to the strip of paper on the
battery.... I would like to know what repair options I have to exhaust
before I have to take the hit and buy a new phone at RETAIL price.
Also, is there a way to transfer the strip of water-proofing paper from
another phone into the battery so I can exchange my phone for free??

--
WaterDamaged

More about : water damage vx4500

Anonymous
August 23, 2005 1:45:56 AM

You will be buying a new phone....
Unless there is a flat rate repair.
Sometimes as expensive as a new one...

There always is E-Bay...

"WaterDamaged" <WaterDamaged.1u71mg@news.cellbanter.com> wrote in message

> My phone is water-damaged according to the strip of paper on the
> battery.... I would like to know what repair options I have to exhaust
> before I have to take the hit and buy a new phone at RETAIL price.
> Also, is there a way to transfer the strip of water-proofing paper from
> another phone into the battery so I can exchange my phone for free??
>

> --
> WaterDamaged
August 23, 2005 1:45:56 AM

Try buying a new OEM battery for it first.. Then take it in.

-----------------

"WaterDamaged" <WaterDamaged.1u71mg@news.cellbanter.com> wrote in message

> My phone is water-damaged according to the strip of paper on the
> battery.... I would like to know what repair options I have to exhaust
> before I have to take the hit and buy a new phone at RETAIL price.
> Also, is there a way to transfer the strip of water-proofing paper from
> another phone into the battery so I can exchange my phone for free??
>

> --
> WaterDamaged
August 23, 2005 4:14:15 PM

In article <WaterDamaged.1u71mg@news.cellbanter.com>,
WaterDamaged.1u71mg@news.cellbanter.com says...

>My phone is water-damaged according to the strip of paper on the
>battery.... I would like to know what repair options I have to exhaust
>before I have to take the hit and buy a new phone at RETAIL price.
>Also, is there a way to transfer the strip of water-proofing paper from
>another phone into the battery so I can exchange my phone for free??

Did you dunk the phone? I had an LG VX600 that according to the dot
on the battery had water damage. My phone had never been dunked and was
working perfectly, but the dot was pink/red . It is really stupid because
the indicator will change color even when the phone has not been dunked. Try
explaining that to the tech at the verizon store. If the indicator on your
phone is on the battery, just get a new battery. If it is on the phone, then
you are SOL.
---------------
Alex
July 16, 2011 3:03:54 PM

Quote:

My phone is water-damaged according to the strip of paper on the
battery.... I would like to know what repair options I have to exhaust
before I have to take the hit and buy a new phone at RETAIL price.
Also, is there a way to transfer the strip of water-proofing paper from
another phone into the battery so I can exchange my phone for free??

--
WaterDamaged

what does it look like the idicatior?
August 29, 2011 1:21:59 AM