can't keep mem clock settings

My clock settings randomly revert back to
default (800) on my 5600U card. I have
'apply settings at startup' checked. This sometimes
happens at reboot, sometimes after I exit a game.
How can I force the card to keep my
OC memory settings? core is Ok.
56.56 drivers w/coolbits.

Jeff B
5 answers Last reply
More about clock settings

    "jeff b" <fakeaddy@fjyfj.com> wrote in message
    > My clock settings randomly revert back to
    > default (800) on my 5600U card. I have
    > 'apply settings at startup' checked. This sometimes
    > happens at reboot, sometimes after I exit a game.
    > How can I force the card to keep my
    > OC memory settings? core is Ok.
    > 56.56 drivers w/coolbits.
    >
    > Jeff B

    Go into the 2D settings and change just the mem speed. Hit test, then apply,
    then change the 3D settings.
    Note that if you have other users on the machine and don't "Log Off" before
    switching users, the settings will not be retained. you must log off/log in
    to have your settings in effect.

    Mike G

    ---

    > Go into the 2D settings and change just the mem speed. Hit test, then apply,
    > then change the 3D settings.
    > Note that if you have other users on the machine and don't "Log Off" before
    > switching users, the settings will not be retained. you must log off/log in
    > to have your settings in effect.
    >

    > Mike G

    This is weird...if I change mem settings in 2d, I can
    OC only to 844. In 3d, I can do 869.

    Anyhow, I did as your said, now I'll see if it works.

    Jeff B

    ginfest wrote:

    > "jeff b" <fakeaddy@fjyfj.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>My clock settings randomly revert back to
    >>default (800) on my 5600U card. I have
    >>'apply settings at startup' checked. This sometimes
    >>happens at reboot, sometimes after I exit a game.
    >>How can I force the card to keep my
    >>OC memory settings? core is Ok.
    >>56.56 drivers w/coolbits.
    >>
    >>Jeff B
    >

    > Go into the 2D settings and change just the mem speed. Hit test, then apply,
    > then change the 3D settings.

    Nope, this doesn't work, the mem clock setting still randomly
    revert back to default. Any other ideas?

    Jeff B

    > ginfest wrote:
    >
    > > "jeff b" <fakeaddy@fjyfj.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>My clock settings randomly revert back to
    > >>default (800) on my 5600U card. I have
    > >>'apply settings at startup' checked. This sometimes
    > >>happens at reboot, sometimes after I exit a game.
    > >>How can I force the card to keep my
    > >>OC memory settings? core is Ok.
    > >>56.56 drivers w/coolbits.
    > >>
    > >>Jeff B
    > >

    > > Go into the 2D settings and change just the mem speed. Hit test, then
    apply,
    > > then change the 3D settings.
    >
    > Nope, this doesn't work, the mem clock setting still randomly
    > revert back to default. Any other ideas?
    >
    > Jeff B

    Sorry, none that I can think off but I'll lyn if I see anything.

    ---

    I'm having the same problmes, of the memory clock settings reverting
    back, the core clock doesn't do this. This has happened on the last
    two sets of drivers, tried going back to my original set and it
    happens, where as it didn't previously.

    msi 5900xt

    exx

    On Wed, 05 May 2004 18:10:39 GMT, jeff b <fakeaddy@fjyfj.com> wrote:

    >Nope, this doesn't work, the mem clock setting still randomly
    >revert back to default. Any other ideas?
    >
    >Jeff B

Nvidia Graphics