Vewwy fishy...

Slug

I read today on a website that in Farcry if you change the Nvidia 6800
card ID to a 9800XT that the IQ suddenly improves and the frame rate
of course drops too. What to conclude?

On Sun, 02 May 2004 20:17:24 -0700, Slug <slug@no_email.here> wrote:

>I read today on a website that in Farcry if you change the Nvidia 6800
>card ID to a 9800XT that the IQ suddenly improves

You maen that the 9800XT is a clever design ?

> and the frame rate
>of course drops too. What to conclude?

The writer's medication needs to be changed. Lots of hot air
from all orifices.

John Lewis

Slug

On Mon, 03 May 2004 04:28:40 GMT, john.dsl@verizon.net (John Lewis)
wrote:

>The writer's medication needs to be changed. Lots of hot air
>from all orifices.
>
>John Lewis

It's all over the web. The below isn't even the tests done that I was
alluding to in my original post.

http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2004Mar/gee20040426024897.htm
Apparently, the GeForceFX 6800 is messing with mipmap levels,
displaying lower resolution textures than the software rasterizer and
the ATI card. This in turn means the nVidia card is doing less work
(and displaying less eye candy) than its competition, allowing it to
score higher frame rates. Similar findings were found in all of the
tests of 3DMark2003, as well as Max Payne 2.

http://www.driverheaven.net/articles/driverIQ/