Alienware Notebooks Get ''Killer'' With Bigfoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

"Alienware M18x starts at $1,99.99."??? i want one. Perhaps even ten at that price.

G

The 2x2 has received great reviews... I assume this will be even better

Shin-san

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
The Killer NIC-type cards are pretty expensive. There's QoS devices out there that can do the job for cheaper.

However, I will admit that one part of Killer NICs that do intrigue me: the NICs themselves run Linux on them. It would be tempting to see what you I do with one of those cards.

fstrthnu

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
I think I'd rather spend the money on the internet connection itself instead of some weird network card. $80 is 2/3 of a double speed boost I could get for my internet.

G

The reason for alienware is the ease of transport to lan party. you dont want to carry a Desktop plus keyboard plus monitor around.

G

the 18-inch Alienware M18x starts at $1,99.99.. OK I'l buy 10..

[citation][nom]malcolm22[/nom]The reason for alienware is the ease of transport to lan party. you dont want to carry a Desktop plus keyboard plus monitor around.[/citation]

Although once you get to the lan party, are you constantly moving around your laptop? For most people, not really. Since you're primary only moving the computer to and from the party, a desktop is not going to be that much of a burden to bring to a lan party.

Truth is, the only real good point about gaming laptops in general is there good for really small spaces that a desktop would be taking to much room. Like a college dorm room for example.

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
They are good to move around the house in. Change of scenery. Play Starcraft2 at the kitchen table. Get together at friends house for lan match. There is a lot to be said for portability. Plus drivers and hardware tend to be more standardized, so when it comes time to slick the machine, it isn't as much hassle to locate drivers. I have an m18x and love it.

[citation][nom]alhanelem[/nom]why would i spend that much on a gaming laptop when i can get a desktop twice as good for that price?[/citation]
So you can take it with you to lan parties even once you reach my age?

G

I have the M14x and every time I install the Drivers for Killer!! It does just that. Kills my system to BSOD and doesnt let go.....
Not a great system if its not gonna work~

proxy711

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
[citation][nom]homerhellboy223[/nom]I think you meant $1,999.99[/citation]
No that was before the killer network card upgrade now its $1,999,999.99

Status
Not open for further replies.