powersupply question

I have a 899mhz system with a 350W powersupply

would like to know if there are any published specs on the different power
requirements (ie. how many amps?)
between these 2 cards ?

GeForce FX5700 Video Card, 256MB DDR
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-170-044&depa=0

GeForce FX5200 Video Card, 128MB DDR
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-170-027&depa=0
1 answer Last reply
More about powersupply question

    "susan bander" <sbander@cnn.com> wrote in message
    > I have a 899mhz system with a 350W powersupply
    >
    > would like to know if there are any published specs on the different power
    > requirements (ie. how many amps?)
    > between these 2 cards ?
    >
    > GeForce FX5700 Video Card, 256MB DDR

    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-170-044&depa=0

    > GeForce FX5200 Video Card, 128MB DDR

    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-170-027&depa=0

    Not all 350W power supplies are equal in terms of power handling, especially
    if it is not a name brand power supply.

    If possible, don't waste your money on 256MB DDR memory since it is unlikely
    that you will see any improvement over 128MB.

    I assume you have an 866 Mhz PIII? Never heard of 899. For a Pentium II, I
    might go for a FX5600 XT since you will be CPU limited if you have a PIII.

Nvidia Internet Explorer Graphics Cards Powersupply Geforce Graphics