powersupply question

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
May 4, 2004 2:10:21 AM

I have a 899mhz system with a 350W powersupply

would like to know if there are any published specs on the different power
requirements (ie. how many amps?)
between these 2 cards ?

GeForce FX5700 Video Card, 256MB DDR
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?descripti...

GeForce FX5200 Video Card, 128MB DDR
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?descripti...

More about : powersupply question

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 4, 2004 2:10:22 AM

"susan bander" <sbander@cnn.com> wrote in message
> I have a 899mhz system with a 350W powersupply
>
> would like to know if there are any published specs on the different power
> requirements (ie. how many amps?)
> between these 2 cards ?
>
> GeForce FX5700 Video Card, 256MB DDR

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?descripti...

> GeForce FX5200 Video Card, 128MB DDR

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?descripti...

Not all 350W power supplies are equal in terms of power handling, especially
if it is not a name brand power supply.

If possible, don't waste your money on 256MB DDR memory since it is unlikely
that you will see any improvement over 128MB.

I assume you have an 866 Mhz PIII? Never heard of 899. For a Pentium II, I
might go for a FX5600 XT since you will be CPU limited if you have a PIII.
!