Is my card on the way out?

At an ever increasing rate the nvidia drivers are failing to load upon a
cold/warm boot. It is not hard to tell as the screen shifts 5 cm to the left
and slightly off the viewable area. If I go into the advanced properties all
the device information is <unavailable>. If I try to reinstall the drivers
at this point WinXP is not able to ascertain what card I have.

I have, backed off the slight OC on motherboard, cleaned and reseated the
card... Check and double checked BIOS settings...

I am assuming its the card...

I believe it is an MSI nForce2 Ti so you can see I have not been keeping up
with the times.

Any suggestions for a replacement keeping in mind I want to get the best
bang for the buck. I tend to stay just behind the leading edge and buy
yesterdays technology as they try to clean out the shelves.

Thanks John

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

> I believe it is an MSI nForce2 Ti so you can see I have not been keeping
up
> with the times.
>
> Any suggestions for a replacement keeping in mind I want to get the best
> bang for the buck. I tend to stay just behind the leading edge and buy
> yesterdays technology as they try to clean out the shelves.
>
> Thanks John

well, seeing as you posted to a nvidia group then I'd recommend the GF4Ti
line

just about as 'behind the leading edge' as it gets

indeed in front of some if you can find a cheap 4800!

chris