Ati X800 cards in the stores next week ?. Ha, ha..... I ha..

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

I note the Ati statement about shipping the X800 Pro next week
and the X800 XT Platinum by May 21..........

Maybe in Canada... Certainly not in the US.

Log on to the Ati website and see if you can order any version of the
X800 from the USA list. There are 3 X800 sources listed: Ati, Best
Buy, CompUSA. Neither the Best Buy, nor CompUSA links lead to
anything but the top level of their sites -- burrowing down, no sign
of the X800, just the 9800 downwards... On Ati, the card can be
ordered with 5-7 day delivery from the ship date for the X800 @ $449
( plus shipping ), but no ship date is listed anywhere.

In fact I did a little experiment on the ATi site ... filled in all
the details for ordering their X800 Pro, up to entering my credit-card
number --- still no sign of any proposed ship date !! Very fishy....

The price of the 9800XT/256 on the Ati site is still $499 US.
Is that price going to suddenly drop to $299 next week ? No sign of
any X800 deliveries to Newegg either, and Newegg's price is ~ $449
for the 9800XT 256. ( And the 9800 FireGL DDR2 @ $759 !!!).
I could see Newegg just being a little pi**ed off having to suddenly
drop 9800XT 256 prices by ~ $150 (probably to well below dealer- cost)
to make room for the X800 Pro at $399. --- lots of returns of 9800 XT
of all types by retailers to Ati.............

I vaguely remember the overheated Ati marketing machine making the
exact-same statement that the 9700 was shipping to "stores next week"
when it first came out. They eventually did arrive.. 2-3 months
later.....

Feel welcome to refute the above statements, but only when you have
had your X800 order accepted from your favorite dealer AND you have
received the Tracking Number via Fedex/UPS/Airborne........

Meanwhile, I am in the bridge-selling business..........

John Lewis

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

"John Lewis" <john.dsl@verizon.net> wrote
> The price of the 9800XT/256 on the Ati site is still $499 US.
> Is that price going to suddenly drop to $299 next week ? No sign of
> any X800 deliveries to Newegg either, and Newegg's price is ~ $449
> for the 9800XT 256.
newegg has a Saphire 9800 Pro for $210. Wow. Maybe it will go lower.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
uce@ftc.gov
Thanks, robots.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

Now Now, dont go selling your home <offers JL some Troll House cookies>

>I note the Ati statement about shipping the X800 Pro next week
> and the X800 XT Platinum by May 21..........
>
> Maybe in Canada... Certainly not in the US.
>
> Log on to the Ati website and see if you can order any version of the
> X800 from the USA list. There are 3 X800 sources listed: Ati, Best
> Buy, CompUSA. Neither the Best Buy, nor CompUSA links lead to
> anything but the top level of their sites -- burrowing down, no sign
> of the X800, just the 9800 downwards... On Ati, the card can be
> ordered with 5-7 day delivery from the ship date for the X800 @ $449
> ( plus shipping ), but no ship date is listed anywhere.
>
> In fact I did a little experiment on the ATi site ... filled in all
> the details for ordering their X800 Pro, up to entering my credit-card
> number --- still no sign of any proposed ship date !! Very fishy....
>
> The price of the 9800XT/256 on the Ati site is still $499 US.
> Is that price going to suddenly drop to $299 next week ? No sign of
> any X800 deliveries to Newegg either, and Newegg's price is ~ $449
> for the 9800XT 256. ( And the 9800 FireGL DDR2 @ $759 !!!).
> I could see Newegg just being a little pi**ed off having to suddenly
> drop 9800XT 256 prices by ~ $150 (probably to well below dealer- cost)
> to make room for the X800 Pro at $399. --- lots of returns of 9800 XT
> of all types by retailers to Ati.............
>
> I vaguely remember the overheated Ati marketing machine making the
> exact-same statement that the 9700 was shipping to "stores next week"
> when it first came out. They eventually did arrive.. 2-3 months
> later.....
>
> Feel welcome to refute the above statements, but only when you have
> had your X800 order accepted from your favorite dealer AND you have
> received the Tracking Number via Fedex/UPS/Airborne........
>
> Meanwhile, I am in the bridge-selling business..........
>
> John Lewis

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

Sheesh, didn't you once accuse me of being a troll. Child. Were not even
done with having fun with out 9800 Pro's. Nvidia is a hasbeen like 3dfx.
Deal with it.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

> Meanwhile, I am in the bridge-selling business..........
>
> John Lewis

LOL what I (honestly) see in your post is an NVIDIA fanboy
who is upset over how good the X800 cards are. I trust you
read the following?...
http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjExLDEw

Why can't people be agnostic when it comes to hardware? I
judge a product on its merits, not who it is made by.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

> Meanwhile, I am in the bridge-selling business..........

Trolls live under bridges, don't they John ?
You're really flailing away like a man possessed now. Why can't you just
accept the bleedin' obvious ? ATI whacks Nvidia once again.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

Eh, you might want to check out BestBuy.com dork...

Chris Smith

On Wed, 5 May 2004 17:16:28 +0100, "redTed" <redted@nthellworld.com>
wrote:

>> Meanwhile, I am in the bridge-selling business..........
>>
>Trolls live under bridges, don't they John ?
>You're really flailing away like a man possessed now. Why can't you just
>accept the bleedin' obvious ? ATI whacks Nvidia once again.

Just to be pedantic, redTed, the term "trolls" in this context refers
to the method of angling whereby you let your baited hook float
through a swim or trail behind a boat to see what you can pick up.
Not the mythical creatures that, amongst other endearing habits, are
supposed to live under bridges. ;-)

patrickp

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

> >> Meanwhile, I am in the bridge-selling business..........
> >>
> >Trolls live under bridges, don't they John ?
> >You're really flailing away like a man possessed now. Why can't you just
> >accept the bleedin' obvious ? ATI whacks Nvidia once again.
> >

> Just to be pedantic, redTed, the term "trolls" in this context refers
> to the method of angling whereby you let your baited hook float
> through a swim or trail behind a boat to see what you can pick up.
> Not the mythical creatures that, amongst other endearing habits, are
> supposed to live under bridges. ;-)

Cheers..but the "bridges" and "trolls" connection was too good to worry
about the finer details of angling.

Slug

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

On Thu, 06 May 2004 00:20:27 GMT, "Philburg2"
<philburg2@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>nor is the power consumption which is being blow way out of
>hand.

Why do you say that? If I buy a 6800 I have to spend $150.00 CAD on a
new PSU, with an X800I don't. It's a no-brainer as to which one I
would buy.

EC

"Slug" <slug@no_email.here> wrote in message
> On Thu, 06 May 2004 00:20:27 GMT, "Philburg2"
> <philburg2@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> >nor is the power consumption which is being blow way out of
> >hand.
>
> Why do you say that? If I buy a 6800 I have to spend $150.00 CAD on a
> new PSU, with an X800I don't. It's a no-brainer as to which one I
> would buy.

Maybe you shouldn't have bought a POS power supply in the 1st place.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

On Wed, 05 May 2004 07:32:30 GMT, john.dsl@verizon.net (John Lewis)
wrote:

>I note the Ati statement about shipping the X800 Pro next week
>and the X800 XT Platinum by May 21..........
>
>Maybe in Canada... Certainly not in the US.

If its shipping in Canda, then it will ship in the USA.

About the $500 9800xt:
ATI's main business is not to sell direct to customers, they cannot
compete with retail. If they did, then retailers would not sell their
products. So ATI and most other companies will only sell current
product at full retail price. Unless they are dumping old stock.

>I vaguely remember the overheated Ati marketing machine making the
>exact-same statement that the 9700 was shipping to "stores next week"
>when it first came out. They eventually did arrive.. 2-3 months
>later.....

Your key word was "vaguely" - I remember people saying that about the
9700Pro... but it was shipping within a month after its first review.

The 5800Ultra was shipping, limited a few months after its inital
showing, I know - I saw it at Comdex,

Theres no great rush for these cards.

Remember: In the USA - it is illegal to draw or write about Heir Bush in a negative way. The police or SS are called.

15yr old boy in Washington was disciplined for drawing such images.

God bless the land of the free. Where you can burn the Constitution... Ashcroft does it every day.

"Bratboy" <jmcguay@Takeallthisaway.tde.com> wrote in message news:<4098f785@tde03.tde.com>...
> Now Now, dont go selling your home <offers JL some Troll House cookies>

Can I give you this free Teaser package of Trollitios Pro Health! A
healthy snacksize mix of revulting content especially brewed for the
grown ( old ) troll.

I am sure JL would like that better!

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

john.dsl@verizon.net (John Lewis) wrote in news:40988cd9.3110297
@news.verizon.net:
> In fact I did a little experiment on the ATi site ... filled in all
> the details for ordering their X800 Pro, up to entering my credit-card
> number --- still no sign of any proposed ship date !! Very fishy....

> I vaguely remember the overheated Ati marketing machine making the
> exact-same statement that the 9700 was shipping to "stores next week"
> when it first came out. They eventually did arrive.. 2-3 months
> later.....
>
> Feel welcome to refute the above statements, but only when you have
> had your X800 order accepted from your favorite dealer AND you have
> received the Tracking Number via Fedex/UPS/Airborne........

They do have Customer Care numbers for USA. Give them a call and ask when
they'll ship if you order today.

"Slug" <slug@no_email.here> wrote in message
> On Thu, 06 May 2004 00:20:27 GMT, "Philburg2"
> <philburg2@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> >nor is the power consumption which is being blow way out of
> >hand.
>
> Why do you say that? If I buy a 6800 I have to spend $150.00 CAD on a
> new PSU, with an X800I don't. It's a no-brainer as to which one I
> would buy.

I saw a review were they used a 430 watt PS and had no problems what so ever
with it gaming and running benchmarks.
I think the PS issue is a little bit over exagerated.

Slug

On 07 May 2004 22:24:12 GMT, courseyauto@aol.com (Courseyauto) wrote:

> I saw a review were they used a 430 watt PS and had no problems what so ever
>with it gaming and running benchmarks.
> I think the PS issue is a little bit over exagerated.

I expect it depends on the quality of the PSU. My 400w Antec may be
fine with it but I'm not taking the chance to find out at this point
in time. When I next upgrade my machine I will get a 550w quality PSU.

On 07 May 2004 22:24:12 GMT, courseyauto@aol.com (Courseyauto) wrote:

> I saw a review were they used a 430 watt PS and had no problems what so ever
>with it gaming and running benchmarks.
> I think the PS issue is a little bit over exagerated.

>I expect it depends on the quality of the PSU. My 400w Antec may >be
>fine with it but I'm not taking the chance to find out at this point
>in time. When I next upgrade my machine I will get a 550w quality >PSU.

Iv'e had a 500watt PS for over a year now,plan ahead you will save in the long
run. Also i heard Nvidia is going to release something big in a coulpe of
days.

Slug

Courseyauto wrote:

> Iv'e had a 500watt PS for over a year now,plan ahead you will save in the long
> run. Also i heard Nvidia is going to release something big in a coulpe of
> days.

The Antec 400w came in an Antec tower I bought three years ago so I did
plan ahead at the time. The Zalman 400w I bought to build a cool and
quiet second computer last summer and it is serving it's purpose well.
That machine is only using a P4 1.8A cpu and GF4 Ti4200 and I have no
plans to upgrade it. The other machine with P4 3ghz and 9800pro is my
main gaming machine and is the one I will buy a bigger PSU for when I
need it. I will buy an X800 and won't have to upgrade the PSU for at
least another year.

BP

On Sat, 08 May 2004 23:27:29 -0700, Slug <no@email.here> wrote:

>Courseyauto wrote:
>
>> Iv'e had a 500watt PS for over a year now,plan ahead you will save in the long
>> run. Also i heard Nvidia is going to release something big in a coulpe of
>> days.
>
>The Antec 400w came in an Antec tower I bought three years ago so I did
> plan ahead at the time. The Zalman 400w I bought to build a cool and
>quiet second computer last summer and it is serving it's purpose well.
>That machine is only using a P4 1.8A cpu and GF4 Ti4200 and I have no
>plans to upgrade it. The other machine with P4 3ghz and 9800pro is my
>main gaming machine and is the one I will buy a bigger PSU for when I
>need it. I will buy an X800 and won't have to upgrade the PSU for at
>least another year.

Are you going to buy a Nvidia video card next year ? ;)

Slug

On Sun, 09 May 2004 11:10:34 -0400, bp <6ball@comcast.net> wrote:

> Are you going to buy a Nvidia video card next year ? ;)

Maybe, maybe not. Depends who has the most bang for the buck. But the
next round of ATI cards may need more juice too. But this power
consumption and heat output has to stop somewhere, and soon. Time to
go organic.

Slug wrote:

> On Sun, 09 May 2004 11:10:34 -0400, bp <6ball@comcast.net> wrote:
>

>> Are you going to buy a Nvidia video card next year ? ;)
>
> Maybe, maybe not. Depends who has the most bang for the buck. But the
> next round of ATI cards may need more juice too. But this power
> consumption and heat output has to stop somewhere, and soon. Time to
> go organic.

What will that do?

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Slug

On Mon, 10 May 2004 06:36:19 -0400, "J. Clarke"
<jclarke@nospam.invalid> wrote:

>What will that do?

Turn my PC into a bacteria growth machine.