please how are new graphic card (Nvidia/Ati) with 3d openg..

have you any tests &reviews?
thanks
8 answers Last reply
More about please graphic card nvidia openg

    I know the new Nvidia cards like the 5900 are awesome with opengl apps like
    lightwave3d.
    I've heard mixed things about the ATI drivers still.
    I found the video playback much cleaner on the 5900 when compared to the
    ti4200.

    "Joe Latino" <joe.latino@libero.it> wrote in message
    > have you any tests &reviews?
    > thanks

    "Joe Latino" <joe.latino@libero.it> wrote in message
    > have you any tests &reviews?
    > thanks

    Have a look at:

    http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic/20031229/vga-charts-05.html

    Tal

    "Tal Fucus" <fuchs_t@bezeqint.net> wrote in message news:<409a1b5e$1@news.bezeqint.net>...
    > "Joe Latino" <joe.latino@libero.it> wrote in message
    > > have you any tests &reviews?
    > > thanks
    >

    > Have a look at:
    >
    > http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic/20031229/vga-charts-05.html
    >

    > Tal

    12-2003?

    I think Joe wants to know how the X800 versus the 6800U is performing.....

    Dark Avenger left a note on my windscreen which said:

    > > > have you any tests &reviews?
    > > > thanks
    > >
    > > Have a look at:
    > >
    > > http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic/20031229/vga-charts-05.html
    >
    > 12-2003?
    >
    > I think Joe wants to know how the X800 versus the 6800U is performing.....

    If it's OpenGL you're concerend with I belive the Nvidia cards
    outperform the ATI ones.

    That is certainly the case with the current top-end cards. My 9800 Pro
    is quite appalling in Neverwinter Nights for example.
    --
    Stoneskin

    [Insert sig text here]

    > If it's OpenGL you're concerend with I belive the Nvidia cards
    > outperform the ATI ones.
    >
    > That is certainly the case with the current top-end cards. My 9800 Pro
    > is quite appalling in Neverwinter Nights for example.

    Well that is definitly a weakness in that for Ati..but... it's not
    really a weakness. Its just not AS GOOD performing as nvidia in
    OpenGL. ... and they are still looking at how to solve it..but
    probably it's just a fact that ati cards to OpenGL generally said not
    as fast as nvidia... except if you up FSAA and Aniso....

    Also, he asked about 3d opengl "appz", NOT games.
    Opengl apps are lightwave3d, 3d studio, etc.
    ATI drivers have always been quite bad for opengl applications.They just
    dont have the complete opengl feature set required for pro apps.
    Even the latest 9800 cards have a lot of bugs when using lightwave3d, etc.
    If you are mainly using this type of app, stick with nvidia cards.

    "edde" <waver777@hotmail.comNOSPAM> wrote in message news:<Y6%mc.13424$r9.31960@news1.mts.net>...
    > Also, he asked about 3d opengl "appz", NOT games.
    > Opengl apps are lightwave3d, 3d studio, etc.
    > ATI drivers have always been quite bad for opengl applications.They just
    > dont have the complete opengl feature set required for pro apps.
    > Even the latest 9800 cards have a lot of bugs when using lightwave3d, etc.
    > If you are mainly using this type of app, stick with nvidia cards.

    True, ...if you create 3d stuff or build things ( like with auto cad )
    you migth find it more usefull to use an nvidia card.

    Of course Wildcat offers something there to...

    that's all right!
    i thank you very much.however i think to wait other 2/3 months at
    least as final drivers will be out and there are pcix cards.
    In the moment Ati win on games test but have an old architecture and
    dont have hardware mpg coder/decoder and tv in/out,so Nvidia could be
    much better.
    I 'work' on 1280*1024 resolution. I like computergrafic
    2d/3d,animations and videos.Sometime also games,but rarely.
    now i have an 'old' geforce 2ultra and id like to change it just
    possible
    Joe

    On Sat, 8 May 2004 01:29:12 -0500, "edde" <waver777@hotmail.comNOSPAM>
    wrote:

    >Also, he asked about 3d opengl "appz", NOT games.
    >Opengl apps are lightwave3d, 3d studio, etc.
    >ATI drivers have always been quite bad for opengl applications.They just
    >dont have the complete opengl feature set required for pro apps.
    >Even the latest 9800 cards have a lot of bugs when using lightwave3d, etc.
    >If you are mainly using this type of app, stick with nvidia cards.
    >
    >"Dark Avenger" <superxml@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > If it's OpenGL you're concerend with I belive the Nvidia cards
    >> > outperform the ATI ones.
    >> >
    >> > That is certainly the case with the current top-end cards. My 9800 Pro
    >> > is quite appalling in Neverwinter Nights for example.
    >>
    >> Well that is definitly a weakness in that for Ati..but... it's not
    >> really a weakness. Its just not AS GOOD performing as nvidia in
    >> OpenGL. ... and they are still looking at how to solve it..but
    >> probably it's just a fact that ati cards to OpenGL generally said not
    >> as fast as nvidia... except if you up FSAA and Aniso....

Nvidia 3D Graphics Cards ATI Graphics