please how are new graphic card (Nvidia/Ati) with 3d openg..

I know the new Nvidia cards like the 5900 are awesome with opengl apps like
lightwave3d.
I've heard mixed things about the ATI drivers still.
I found the video playback much cleaner on the 5900 when compared to the
ti4200.

"Tal Fucus" <fuchs_t@bezeqint.net> wrote in message news:<409a1b5e$1@news.bezeqint.net>...
> "Joe Latino" <joe.latino@libero.it> wrote in message
> > have you any tests &reviews?
> > thanks
>

> Have a look at:
>
> http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic/20031229/vga-charts-05.html
>

> Tal

12-2003?

I think Joe wants to know how the X800 versus the 6800U is performing.....

Dark Avenger left a note on my windscreen which said:

> > > have you any tests &reviews?
> > > thanks
> >
> > Have a look at:
> >
> > http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic/20031229/vga-charts-05.html
>
> 12-2003?
>
> I think Joe wants to know how the X800 versus the 6800U is performing.....

If it's OpenGL you're concerend with I belive the Nvidia cards
outperform the ATI ones.

That is certainly the case with the current top-end cards. My 9800 Pro
is quite appalling in Neverwinter Nights for example.
--
Stoneskin

[Insert sig text here]

> If it's OpenGL you're concerend with I belive the Nvidia cards
> outperform the ATI ones.
>
> That is certainly the case with the current top-end cards. My 9800 Pro
> is quite appalling in Neverwinter Nights for example.

Well that is definitly a weakness in that for Ati..but... it's not
really a weakness. Its just not AS GOOD performing as nvidia in
OpenGL. ... and they are still looking at how to solve it..but
probably it's just a fact that ati cards to OpenGL generally said not
as fast as nvidia... except if you up FSAA and Aniso....

Also, he asked about 3d opengl "appz", NOT games.
Opengl apps are lightwave3d, 3d studio, etc.
ATI drivers have always been quite bad for opengl applications.They just
dont have the complete opengl feature set required for pro apps.
Even the latest 9800 cards have a lot of bugs when using lightwave3d, etc.
If you are mainly using this type of app, stick with nvidia cards.

"edde" <waver777@hotmail.comNOSPAM> wrote in message news:<Y6%mc.13424$r9.31960@news1.mts.net>...
> Also, he asked about 3d opengl "appz", NOT games.
> Opengl apps are lightwave3d, 3d studio, etc.
> ATI drivers have always been quite bad for opengl applications.They just
> dont have the complete opengl feature set required for pro apps.
> Even the latest 9800 cards have a lot of bugs when using lightwave3d, etc.
> If you are mainly using this type of app, stick with nvidia cards.

True, ...if you create 3d stuff or build things ( like with auto cad )
you migth find it more usefull to use an nvidia card.

Of course Wildcat offers something there to...

that's all right!
i thank you very much.however i think to wait other 2/3 months at
least as final drivers will be out and there are pcix cards.
In the moment Ati win on games test but have an old architecture and
dont have hardware mpg coder/decoder and tv in/out,so Nvidia could be
much better.
I 'work' on 1280*1024 resolution. I like computergrafic
2d/3d,animations and videos.Sometime also games,but rarely.
now i have an 'old' geforce 2ultra and id like to change it just
possible
Joe