I would choose Nvidia 6800 over Ati X800

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

When reliability is the major issue, I would never, EVER get any ATI video
card. Can you imagine paying $500 for an ATI video card and not having
stable operating system because of flaws in the video card driver?

It is a given fact that none of the ATI video cards are as reliable and
crash-free as the NVIDIA video cards. Because of driver problems, ATI video
cards cause problems. Sometimes with some games, ATI video cards freeze the
operating system.

On the other hand, NVIDIA CARDS are rock solid with stability. I just read
the recent benchmarks. NVIDIA 6800 performs better in many games than ATI
X800. I would definitely get NVIDIA 6800 rather than paying $500 for an ATI
video card and having my operating system crash all the time.


--
Ryan Atici
atici_ryan_osmanli@hotpop.com
To send email, remove _osmanli
36 answers Last reply
More about choose nvidia 6800 x800
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    "Ryan Atici" <atici_ryan_OSMANLI@hotpop.com> wrote
    in message news:2fvqgnF2i0ffU2@uni-berlin.de...
    > When reliability is the major issue, I would
    never, EVER get any ATI video
    > card. Can you imagine paying $500 for an ATI
    video card and not having
    > stable operating system because of flaws in the
    video card driver?
    >
    > It is a given fact that none of the ATI video
    cards are as reliable and
    > crash-free as the NVIDIA video cards. Because of
    driver problems, ATI video
    > cards cause problems. Sometimes with some games,
    ATI video cards freeze the
    > operating system.
    >
    > On the other hand, NVIDIA CARDS are rock solid
    with stability. I just read
    > the recent benchmarks. NVIDIA 6800 performs
    better in many games than ATI
    > X800. I would definitely get NVIDIA 6800 rather
    than paying $500 for an ATI
    > video card and having my operating system crash
    all the time.
    >
    >
    > --
    > Ryan Atici
    > atici_ryan_osmanli@hotpop.com
    > To send email, remove _osmanli
    >
    >

    This belongs in the ATI news group.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    Unbelievable how much bullsh*t you can type in one message !!!


    "Ryan Atici" <atici_ryan_OSMANLI@hotpop.com> wrote in message news:2fvqgnF2i0ffU2@uni-berlin.de...
    > When reliability is the major issue, I would never, EVER get any ATI video
    > card. Can you imagine paying $500 for an ATI video card and not having
    > stable operating system because of flaws in the video card driver?
    >
    > It is a given fact that none of the ATI video cards are as reliable and
    > crash-free as the NVIDIA video cards. Because of driver problems, ATI video
    > cards cause problems. Sometimes with some games, ATI video cards freeze the
    > operating system.
    >
    > On the other hand, NVIDIA CARDS are rock solid with stability. I just read
    > the recent benchmarks. NVIDIA 6800 performs better in many games than ATI
    > X800. I would definitely get NVIDIA 6800 rather than paying $500 for an ATI
    > video card and having my operating system crash all the time.
    >
    >
    > --
    > Ryan Atici
    > atici_ryan_osmanli@hotpop.com
    > To send email, remove _osmanli
    >
    >
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    > "Ryan Atici" <atici_ryan_OSMANLI@hotpop.com> wrote in message >news:2fvqgnF2i0ffU2@uni-berlin.de...
    > >
    > > It is a given fact that none of the ATI video cards are as reliable and
    > > crash-free as the NVIDIA video cards. Because of driver problems, ATI video
    > > cards cause problems. Sometimes with some games, ATI video cards freeze the
    > > operating system.
    > >
    > > On the other hand, NVIDIA CARDS are rock solid with stability. I just read
    > > the recent benchmarks. NVIDIA 6800 performs better in many games than ATI
    > > X800. I would definitely get NVIDIA 6800 rather than paying $500 for an ATI
    > > video card and having my operating system crash all the time.
    > >
    > >
    > > --
    > > Ryan Atici
    > > atici_ryan_osmanli@hotpop.com
    > > To send email, remove _osmanli
    > >
    > >


    Way to go Ryan, you tell 'em !!!

    My Nvidia TNT-2 is rock solid and spit out high bench-mark score
    unmatched by any ATI video cards. Farcry run smooth like silk on the
    highest video seting.

    If you have any issue(s) with your Nvidia video card then either:

    1) Your PC is junk - you need to upgrade it with the highest quality
    components so that it would match the quality of Nvidia video card.

    2) You are too dumb to install the Nvidia video card and it's driver
    properly for it to reach its highest performance. So let the pro do
    it.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    > "Ryan Atici" <atici_ryan_OSMANLI@hotpop.com> wrote in message
    > news:2fvqgnF2i0ffU2@uni-berlin.de...
    >> When reliability is the major issue, I would never, EVER get any ATI
    >> video card. Can you imagine paying $500 for an ATI video card and
    >> not having stable operating system because of flaws in the video
    >> card driver?
    >>
    >> It is a given fact that none of the ATI video cards are as reliable
    >> and crash-free as the NVIDIA video cards. Because of driver
    >> problems, ATI video cards cause problems. Sometimes with some games,
    >> ATI video cards freeze the operating system.
    >>
    >> On the other hand, NVIDIA CARDS are rock solid with stability. I
    >> just read the recent benchmarks. NVIDIA 6800 performs better in many
    >> games than ATI X800. I would definitely get NVIDIA 6800 rather than
    >> paying $500 for an ATI video card and having my operating system
    >> crash all the time.
    >>
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ryan Atici
    >> atici_ryan_osmanli@hotpop.com
    >> To send email, remove _osmanli

    I have had literally no crashes since switching to ATI. First with a 9700
    Pro, and now with a 9800 Pro.
    Can't say the same for when I had Nvidia cards.

    I would imagine, many on both sides of the camp, could say the same.
    So where is the proof to back you your " given fact" ? Or is that just
    conjecture on your part??

    Once again , my system has NEVER crashed since putting ATI video card in.
    So thanks for asking, but no, I will stick with ATI. I left Nvidia when they
    blundered after the GeForce 4 series. They screwed up royally then, and will
    take a lot to get me to come back.

    Perhaps, if your operating system crashes all the time, you have more
    problems than your aware of?
    I personally like having a crash free system..


    --
    Don Burnette
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    >Way to go Ryan, you tell 'em !!!
    >
    >My Nvidia TNT-2 is rock solid and spit out high bench-mark score
    >unmatched by any ATI video cards. Farcry run smooth like silk on the
    >highest video seting.
    >
    >If you have any issue(s) with your Nvidia video card then either:
    >
    >1) Your PC is junk - you need to upgrade it with the highest quality
    >components so that it would match the quality of Nvidia video card.
    >
    >2) You are too dumb to install the Nvidia video card and it's driver
    >properly for it to reach its highest performance. So let the pro do
    >it.

    WOW... you DO have a really good sence of humour...LOL
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    "Ryan Atici" <atici_ryan_OSMANLI@hotpop.com> wrote in message
    news:2fvqgnF2i0ffU2@uni-berlin.de...
    > When reliability is the major issue, I would never, EVER get any ATI video
    > card. Can you imagine paying $500 for an ATI video card and not having
    > stable operating system because of flaws in the video card driver?
    >
    > It is a given fact that none of the ATI video cards are as reliable and
    > crash-free as the NVIDIA video cards. Because of driver problems, ATI
    video
    > cards cause problems. Sometimes with some games, ATI video cards freeze
    the
    > operating system.
    >
    > On the other hand, NVIDIA CARDS are rock solid with stability. I just read
    > the recent benchmarks. NVIDIA 6800 performs better in many games than ATI
    > X800. I would definitely get NVIDIA 6800 rather than paying $500 for an
    ATI
    > video card and having my operating system crash all the time.
    >
    >
    > --
    > Ryan Atici
    > atici_ryan_osmanli@hotpop.com
    > To send email, remove _osmanli
    >
    >

    Am I alone in deciphering this as a sarcastic dig at nVidia (I know I'm
    being anal but is doesn't half get right up my nose when people don't type
    "nVidia" as it should be)

    I would probably end up buying nVidia again since I've stuck with them ever
    since the 16MB Riva TNT ;o)
  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    Bullshit eh? Granted that it was pure opinion, but can you refute it? I
    know I can't. I have had more problems with my 9700 Pro in a month than
    with my geforce 2 and 4 for several years. Do both cards have problems? Of
    course. But it always seems like ATI has the bigger issues. It could be
    because of a lack of developer support, or maybe their drivers really are
    not stable.

    "ntl: Victim" <ntl.victim@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    news:7uzmc.366$HX1.53@newsfe1-win...
    > "Ryan Atici" <atici_ryan_OSMANLI@hotpop.com> wrote in message
    > news:2fvqgnF2i0ffU2@uni-berlin.de...
    > > When reliability is the major issue, I would never, EVER get any ATI
    video
    > > card. Can you imagine paying $500 for an ATI video card and not having
    > > stable operating system because of flaws in the video card driver?
    > >
    > > It is a given fact that none of the ATI video cards are as reliable and
    > > crash-free as the NVIDIA video cards. Because of driver problems, ATI
    > video
    > > cards cause problems. Sometimes with some games, ATI video cards freeze
    > the
    > > operating system.
    > >
    > > On the other hand, NVIDIA CARDS are rock solid with stability. I just
    read
    > > the recent benchmarks. NVIDIA 6800 performs better in many games than
    ATI
    > > X800. I would definitely get NVIDIA 6800 rather than paying $500 for an
    > ATI
    > > video card and having my operating system crash all the time.
    > >
    > >
    > > --
    > > Ryan Atici
    > > atici_ryan_osmanli@hotpop.com
    > > To send email, remove _osmanli
    > >
    > >
    >
    > Am I alone in deciphering this as a sarcastic dig at nVidia (I know I'm
    > being anal but is doesn't half get right up my nose when people don't type
    > "nVidia" as it should be)
    >
    > I would probably end up buying nVidia again since I've stuck with them
    ever
    > since the 16MB Riva TNT ;o)
    >
    >
  8. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    Really?

    I had 9700 Pro for a while, now run a 9800 Pro. Have not had a single glitch
    with either.

    Sorry, can't say the same for Nvidia.

    And I am sure, there are Nvidia folks that can say the same for their cards
    versus their experience with ATI.


    Don Burnette


    Philburg2 wrote:
    > Bullshit eh? Granted that it was pure opinion, but can you refute
    > it? I know I can't. I have had more problems with my 9700 Pro in a
    > month than with my geforce 2 and 4 for several years. Do both cards
    > have problems? Of course. But it always seems like ATI has the
    > bigger issues. It could be because of a lack of developer support,
    > or maybe their drivers really are not stable.
    >
    > "ntl: Victim" <ntl.victim@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > news:7uzmc.366$HX1.53@newsfe1-win...
    >> "Ryan Atici" <atici_ryan_OSMANLI@hotpop.com> wrote in message
    >> news:2fvqgnF2i0ffU2@uni-berlin.de...
    >>> When reliability is the major issue, I would never, EVER get any
    >>> ATI video card. Can you imagine paying $500 for an ATI video card
    >>> and not having stable operating system because of flaws in the
    >>> video card driver?
    >>>
    >>> It is a given fact that none of the ATI video cards are as reliable
    >>> and crash-free as the NVIDIA video cards. Because of driver
    >>> problems, ATI video cards cause problems. Sometimes with some
    >>> games, ATI video cards freeze the operating system.
    >>>
    >>> On the other hand, NVIDIA CARDS are rock solid with stability. I
    >>> just read the recent benchmarks. NVIDIA 6800 performs better in
    >>> many games than ATI X800. I would definitely get NVIDIA 6800 rather
    >>> than paying $500 for an ATI video card and having my operating
    >>> system crash all the time.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Ryan Atici
    >>> atici_ryan_osmanli@hotpop.com
    >>> To send email, remove _osmanli
    >>>
    >>>
    >>
    >> Am I alone in deciphering this as a sarcastic dig at nVidia (I know
    >> I'm being anal but is doesn't half get right up my nose when people
    >> don't type "nVidia" as it should be)
    >>
    >> I would probably end up buying nVidia again since I've stuck with
    >> them ever since the 16MB Riva TNT ;o)
  9. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    > > --
    > > Ryan Atici
    > > atici_ryan_osmanli@hotpop.com
    > > To send email, remove _osmanli
    > >
    > >
    >
    > This belongs in the ATI news group.
    >
    >

    why do you say that? it would fit well in either.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    "Ryan Atici" <atici_ryan_OSMANLI@hotpop.com> wrote:
    > When reliability is the major issue, I would never, EVER get any ATI video
    > card. Can you imagine paying $500 for an ATI video card and not having
    > stable operating system because of flaws in the video card driver?
    >
    > It is a given fact that none of the ATI video cards are as reliable and
    > crash-free as the NVIDIA video cards. Because of driver problems, ATI video
    > cards cause problems. Sometimes with some games, ATI video cards freeze the
    > operating system.
    >
    > On the other hand, NVIDIA CARDS are rock solid with stability. I just read
    > the recent benchmarks. NVIDIA 6800 performs better in many games than ATI
    > X800. I would definitely get NVIDIA 6800 rather than paying $500 for an ATI
    > video card and having my operating system crash all the time.

    This monologue is what you get when you see Tony Tamasi having coffee
    break at ATI Shader Day.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    The following is some of the biggest bullshit posted recently.

    On Thu, 6 May 2004 17:54:25 -0400, "Ryan Atici"
    <atici_ryan_OSMANLI@hotpop.com> wrote:

    >When reliability is the major issue, I would never, EVER get any ATI video
    >card. Can you imagine paying $500 for an ATI video card and not having
    >stable operating system because of flaws in the video card driver?

    What reliablity issues? Nobody is perfect. People with Nvidia cards
    have failures, driver issues and incompatibilties as well.

    So your point about video drivers is bunk.

    >It is a given fact that none of the ATI video cards are as reliable and
    >crash-free as the NVIDIA video cards. Because of driver problems, ATI video
    >cards cause problems. Sometimes with some games, ATI video cards freeze the
    >operating system.

    Not true again. ATi makes very good video cards - they have good 2-3
    year warranties. Nvidia a doesn't make any video cards.
    Manufacturing with Nvidia chips do vary.

    Oh... like nobody here has ever had a freeze up with Nvidia chips.
    Just read the posts here ya moron.

    >On the other hand, NVIDIA CARDS are rock solid with stability. I just read
    >the recent benchmarks.

    You can read? OKay, keep telling yourself that. Oh, where does one
    buy an Nvidia card?

    > NVIDIA 6800 performs better in many games than ATI
    >X800. I would definitely get NVIDIA 6800 rather than paying $500 for an ATI
    >video card and having my operating system crash all the time.

    Er... on sites using slower CPU, they are CPU limited... with an AMD
    64 CPUs, they are getting higher FPS out of BOTH cards. ATI is easily
    faster in many cases but OPENGL - if you could read, you would
    understand the specfics.

    Perhaps if you knew how to use a computer, it wouldnt crash all the
    time with the worms and spyware infections you get with your doggie
    and barf porn stuff.

    Click on this link like thing below:
    http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=2044

    And lets look at a modern and high detailed game called Far Cry:
    http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=2044&p=11

    113fps - X800-XT
    87fps - X800
    82fps - 6800Ultra
    74fps - 6800GT

    * no AA. ATI are using beta drivers, Nvidia is latest improved
    drivers. System = AMD64-3200 with 1GB RAM

    I own BOTH ATI9800Pro and a MSI 5900. Both cards do very well, no
    reliabiltiy or crash or whatever farts out of your ass problems. But
    there is a reason that the ATI is in my MAIN gaming machine.

    Your stupidity makes you out to be an Nvida fanboy with only hurts the
    image... Just like any other geeky ATI or 3Dfx fanboy.

    # of Nvidia powered video cards I've bought: 7 (TNT / GF2mx/pro / GF3
    / TI4200 / 5900 and 5200(PCI test card for bench systems)

    == == == == == == == == == == == == ==
    Remember: In the USA - it is dangeroud to draw or write about Heir Bush in a negative way. The police or SS are called, people threaten to kill you. (What country is this again?)

    - 15yr old boy in Washington was disciplined for drawing such images.
    - White House blows cover of an undercover agent because her husband said there were no WMD (before the USA started the war) - her job was finding terrorist. (This makes sense?)

    God bless the land of the free. Where you can burn the Constitution... Ashcroft does it every day.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    I have to agree, i had to get rid of a 9700 Pro because it kept crashing.
    Though i did learn that my Intel E7205 "Granite Bay" chipset was buggy with
    this card.

    I am still not sure, if the new ATI card has the best visual quality/frame
    rates @ 1600x1200 with all detail levels set to max + 8x AA/16x AF...then
    it's the card i want.

    It all comes down to which is better, two slots or 480W PSU are not an
    issue, it's all about speed and quality.

    But for now my rock soild FX5700 Ultra is sweet.

    :-)


    "Philburg2" <philburg2@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    news:lgAmc.3691$eH1.2077971@newssvr28.news.prodigy.com...
    > Bullshit eh? Granted that it was pure opinion, but can you refute it? I
    > know I can't. I have had more problems with my 9700 Pro in a month than
    > with my geforce 2 and 4 for several years. Do both cards have problems?
    Of
    > course. But it always seems like ATI has the bigger issues. It could be
    > because of a lack of developer support, or maybe their drivers really are
    > not stable.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    On Thu, 06 May 2004 23:56:01 GMT, "Philburg2"
    <philburg2@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

    >Bullshit eh? Granted that it was pure opinion, but can you refute it? I
    >know I can't. I have had more problems with my 9700 Pro in a month than
    >with my geforce 2 and 4 for several years. Do both cards have problems? Of
    >course. But it always seems like ATI has the bigger issues. It could be
    >because of a lack of developer support, or maybe their drivers really are
    >not stable.
    >


    Well. The last good, stable card by nVidia was the GF4 Ti
    series. Maybe they'll get it right again this time around with the
    6800 series. As for ATI... I never had the problems others claim they
    have with their hardware, and drivers. Used several Radeons, and an
    old Rage Fury Maxx. All worked fine. The 8500 is still at work on my
    brothers PC.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    "Dude" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    news:b_ymc.36946$207.294069@wagner.videotron.net...
    > Unbelievable how much bullsh*t you can type in one message !!!
    >

    You wanna see bulls*t, go to the ati ng...
  15. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    "Ryan Atici" <atici_ryan_OSMANLI@hotpop.com> wrote in message news:<2fvqgnF2i0ffU2@uni-berlin.de>...
    > When reliability is the major issue, I would never, EVER get any ATI video
    > card. Can you imagine paying $500 for an ATI video card and not having
    > stable operating system because of flaws in the video card driver?
    >
    > It is a given fact that none of the ATI video cards are as reliable and
    > crash-free as the NVIDIA video cards. Because of driver problems, ATI video
    > cards cause problems. Sometimes with some games, ATI video cards freeze the
    > operating system.
    >
    > On the other hand, NVIDIA CARDS are rock solid with stability. I just read
    > the recent benchmarks. NVIDIA 6800 performs better in many games than ATI
    > X800. I would definitely get NVIDIA 6800 rather than paying $500 for an ATI
    > video card and having my operating system crash all the time.

    Ofcourse..nvidia drivers are holy. And their cards are Godlike!

    I tell ya, those darn canadians try to steal the holy cake from nvidia
    but never can do it since they miss the divine touch of eternal
    graphic power from the gods of hardware

    - Sarcasm is yet another service we offer
  16. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    "Nada" <nada_says@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:b9c228ae.0405062355.5f3b028c@posting.google.com...
    > "Ryan Atici" <atici_ryan_OSMANLI@hotpop.com>
    wrote:
    > > When reliability is the major issue, I would
    never, EVER get any ATI video
    > > card. Can you imagine paying $500 for an ATI
    video card and not having
    > > stable operating system because of flaws in
    the video card driver?
    > >
    > > It is a given fact that none of the ATI video
    cards are as reliable and
    > > crash-free as the NVIDIA video cards. Because
    of driver problems, ATI video
    > > cards cause problems. Sometimes with some
    games, ATI video cards freeze the
    > > operating system.
    > >
    > > On the other hand, NVIDIA CARDS are rock solid
    with stability. I just read
    > > the recent benchmarks. NVIDIA 6800 performs
    better in many games than ATI
    > > X800. I would definitely get NVIDIA 6800
    rather than paying $500 for an ATI
    > > video card and having my operating system
    crash all the time.
    >
    > This monologue is what you get when you see Tony
    Tamasi having coffee
    > break at ATI Shader Day.

    LOL

    Jim M
  17. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    "GuitarMan" <usa@yourface.com> wrote in message
    news:%pCmc.23589$L8.19251@nwrdny02.gnilink.net...

    > You wanna see bulls*t, go to the ati ng...

    lol
  18. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    "Ryan Atici" <atici_ryan_OSMANLI@hotpop.com> wrote in message
    news:2fvqgnF2i0ffU2@uni-berlin.de...
    > When reliability is the major issue, I would never, EVER get any ATI video
    > card. Can you imagine paying $500 for an ATI video card and not having
    > stable operating system because of flaws in the video card driver?

    I've owned lots of both ATI and NVIDIA cards, the hardware quality is about
    equal...both generally excellent. Currently running a Radeon 8500 128Mb and
    a GeForce 4 Ti 4400 128Mb....speed is about equal overall on these two. The
    Radeon gets the nod for overall image quality, the Geforce is very slightly
    faster. Drivers are another issue altogether. Switching drivers on the
    Geforce are a snap....and most versions are very trouble free. Switching
    Radeon drivers is a pain in the ass, invariably involving major hosing out
    and registry cleanings, multiple reboots. I've found this to be true with
    any Radeon card....and I've used 4 so far. Games are pickier with Radeon
    drivers too. I gave up trying to find a driver for the 8500 that works as
    well on Far Cry as it does on UT2004. WinXP seems worse that 2000 in the
    Radeon driver handling too.
  19. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    ">
    > Click on this link like thing below:
    > http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=2044
    >
    > And lets look at a modern and high detailed game called Far Cry:
    > http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=2044&p=11
    >
    > 113fps - X800-XT
    > 87fps - X800
    > 82fps - 6800Ultra
    > 74fps - 6800GT
    >
    > * no AA. ATI are using beta drivers, Nvidia is latest improved
    > drivers. System = AMD64-3200 with 1GB RAM

    Sounds like a Ati-biased persons to me. Why? Cause nVidia in that page does
    much better with AA and AF enabled, and that is what matters, and you know
    it ;-) There even the GT beats the Pro.
  20. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    >Sounds like a Ati-biased persons to me. Why? Cause nVidia in that page does
    >much better with AA and AF enabled, and that is what matters, and you know
    >it ;-) There even the GT beats the Pro.
    >
    well, when ATI is running beta drivers, and nvidia is running (*cough,
    cheating,cough*) drivers that would level out the playing field. the
    only valid benchmarks are the ones from cards that are shipping (no
    a1, no beta, no engineering samples) and with valid (WHQL??) drivers
    that can be verified NOT to have cheat codes in them. these scores
    will change within the next couple of months with different venders
    and drivers
  21. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    "OverKlocker" <nunya@biznez.net> schreef in bericht
    news:no5m90pvgo41sqssc03df4i0ltfjm8hhsp@4ax.com...
    >
    > >Sounds like a Ati-biased persons to me. Why? Cause nVidia in that page
    does
    > >much better with AA and AF enabled, and that is what matters, and you
    know
    > >it ;-) There even the GT beats the Pro.
    > >
    > well, when ATI is running beta drivers, and nvidia is running (*cough,
    > cheating,cough*) drivers that would level out the playing field. the
    > only valid benchmarks are the ones from cards that are shipping (no
    > a1, no beta, no engineering samples) and with valid (WHQL??) drivers
    > that can be verified NOT to have cheat codes in them. these scores
    > will change within the next couple of months with different venders
    > and drivers

    So you're saying they could very well be cheating, i doubt it.
    I think nVidia's drivers are quite beta still too. I will take the FarCrym
    numbers for granted when there is a patch that makes the nV40 do its own
    right path (preferable ps3.0) and there are WHQL shipping drivers. If Ati
    then still wins I'll take it for a fact.
  22. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    >So you're saying they could very well be cheating, i doubt it.
    >I think nVidia's drivers are quite beta still too. I will take the FarCrym
    >numbers for granted when there is a patch that makes the nV40 do its own
    >right path (preferable ps3.0) and there are WHQL shipping drivers. If Ati
    >then still wins I'll take it for a fact.
    >
    i agree that nvidias new drivers could be beta (or just buggy), the
    funny part is the 'bugs' are in places that increase preformance. the
    61's aren't WHQL yet,(am i correct on this???) my main point is that
    it is way to early in the game for a clear winner. although, i do
    personally think ATI has the performance leader. nvidia may have a few
    more bells and whistles, but we'll see if anyone uses them to their
    fullest
  23. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    GuitarMan left a note on my windscreen which said:

    > > Unbelievable how much bullsh*t you can type in one message !!!
    > >
    >
    > You wanna see bulls*t, go to the ati ng...

    To be fair - I don't see much difference between the two.
    --
    Stoneskin

    [Insert sig text here]
  24. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    "Stoneskin" <no@thanks.com> wrote in message
    news:MPG.1b057b026282115d9897cb@news.individual.net...
    > GuitarMan left a note on my windscreen which said:
    >
    > > > Unbelievable how much bullsh*t you can type in one message !!!
    > > >
    > >
    > > You wanna see bulls*t, go to the ati ng...
    >
    > To be fair - I don't see much difference between the two.
    > --
    > Stoneskin
    >
    > [Insert sig text here]

    True...true.... You either end up with ati guys in the nvidia ng doing the
    bashing or the nvidia guys in the ati ng doing the bashing...
    It's a whole "my dad can beat up your dad" childish kinda thing...
  25. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    > It is a given fact that none of the ATI video cards are as reliable and
    > crash-free as the NVIDIA video cards. Because of driver problems, ATI
    video
    > cards cause problems. Sometimes with some games, ATI video cards freeze
    the
    > operating system.
    Lol, Ive had a 9700 pro since they came out and it has been fine, but im
    sure you have lots of experience with modern ati cards to backup this claim.

    > On the other hand, NVIDIA CARDS are rock solid with stability. I just read
    > the recent benchmarks. NVIDIA 6800 performs better in many games than ATI
    > X800.
    Err, all the reviews I have read showed that x800 had a slight advantage
    overall, what reviews did you read?

    > I would definitely get NVIDIA 6800 rather than paying $500 for an ATI
    > video card and having my operating system crash all the time.
    As 6800 is a new architecture im sure it will crash just as much as the new
    ATI part.

    Read the reviews, make your own mind up and get the best bang for the buck,
    but most of all try and grow up and present reasoned arguments.

    regards
  26. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    The following is some of the biggest bullshit posted recently.

    On Thu, 6 May 2004 17:54:25 -0400, "Ryan Atici"
    <atici_ryan_OSMANLI@hotpop.com> wrote:

    >When reliability is the major issue, I would never, EVER get any ATI video
    >card. Can you imagine paying $500 for an ATI video card and not having
    >stable operating system because of flaws in the video card driver?

    What reliablity issues? Nobody is perfect. People with Nvidia cards
    have failures, driver issues and incompatibilties as well.

    So your point about video drivers is bunk.

    >It is a given fact that none of the ATI video cards are as reliable and
    >crash-free as the NVIDIA video cards. Because of driver problems, ATI video
    >cards cause problems. Sometimes with some games, ATI video cards freeze the
    >operating system.

    Not true again. ATi makes very good video cards - they have good 2-3
    year warranties. Nvidia a doesn't make any video cards.
    Manufacturing with Nvidia chips do vary.

    Oh... like nobody here has ever had a freeze up with Nvidia chips.
    Just read the posts here ya moron.

    >On the other hand, NVIDIA CARDS are rock solid with stability. I just read
    >the recent benchmarks.

    You can read? OKay, keep telling yourself that. Oh, where does one
    buy an Nvidia card?

    > NVIDIA 6800 performs better in many games than ATI
    >X800. I would definitely get NVIDIA 6800 rather than paying $500 for an ATI
    >video card and having my operating system crash all the time.

    Er... on sites using slower CPU, they are CPU limited... with an AMD
    64 CPUs, they are getting higher FPS out of BOTH cards. ATI is easily
    faster in many cases but OPENGL - if you could read, you would
    understand the specfics.

    Perhaps if you knew how to use a computer, it wouldnt crash all the
    time with the worms and spyware infections you get with your doggie
    and barf porn stuff.

    Click on this link like thing below:
    http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=2044

    And lets look at a modern and high detailed game called Far Cry:
    http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=2044&p=11

    113fps - X800-XT
    87fps - X800
    82fps - 6800Ultra
    74fps - 6800GT

    * no AA. ATI are using beta drivers, Nvidia is latest improved
    drivers. System = AMD64-3200 with 1GB RAM

    I own BOTH ATI9800Pro and a MSI 5900. Both cards do very well, no
    reliabiltiy or crash or whatever farts out of your ass problems. But
    there is a reason that the ATI is in my MAIN gaming machine.

    Your stupidity makes you out to be an Nvida fanboy with only hurts the
    image... Just like any other geeky ATI or 3Dfx fanboy.

    # of Nvidia powered video cards I've bought: 7 (TNT / GF2mx/pro / GF3
    / TI4200 / 5900 and 5200(PCI test card for bench systems)

    == == == == == == == == == == == == ==
    Remember: In the USA - it is dangeroud to draw or write about Heir Bush in a negative way. The police or SS are called, people threaten to kill you. (What country is this again?)

    - 15yr old boy in Washington was disciplined for drawing such images.
    - White House blows cover of an undercover agent because her husband said there were no WMD (before the USA started the war) - her job was finding terrorist. (This makes sense?)

    God bless the land of the free. Where you can burn the Constitution... Ashcroft does it every day.
  27. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    On Thu, 6 May 2004 21:07:28 -0700, "ec" <no@no.com> wrote:
    >
    >
    >STF UP FAEGOT FANBOI> WIPE THE SEMEN OFF OF YOUR FACE

    ??? okay... nobody knows what youre talking about. It takes brains to
    type in a complete thought so other people with the ability to think
    can figure out what your trying to communicate.
  28. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    On Fri, 7 May 2004 06:44:43 +0200, "Jelle" <mazzel@veel.plezier>
    wrote:

    >
    >">
    >> Click on this link like thing below:
    >> http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=2044
    >>
    >> And lets look at a modern and high detailed game called Far Cry:
    >> http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=2044&p=11
    >>
    >> 113fps - X800-XT
    >> 87fps - X800
    >> 82fps - 6800Ultra
    >> 74fps - 6800GT
    >>
    >> * no AA. ATI are using beta drivers, Nvidia is latest improved
    >> drivers. System = AMD64-3200 with 1GB RAM
    >
    >Sounds like a Ati-biased persons to me. Why? Cause nVidia in that page does
    >much better with AA and AF enabled, and that is what matters, and you know
    >it ;-) There even the GT beats the Pro.

    I provided the link... whoopie... I need to type the whole damn
    review. Click, read and decide.


    == == == == == == == == == == == == ==
    Remember: In the USA - it is dangeroud to draw or write about Heir Bush in a negative way. The police or SS are called, people threaten to kill you. (What country is this again?)

    - 15yr old boy in Washington was disciplined for drawing such images.
    - White House blows cover of an undercover agent because her husband said there were no WMD (before the USA started the war) - her job was finding terrorist. (This makes sense?)

    God bless the land of the free. Where you can burn the Constitution... Ashcroft does it every day.
  29. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    > WOW... you DO have a really good sence of humour...LOL

    It sounds like you don't have any sense of reality. LOL
  30. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    >
    > Sounds like a Ati-biased persons to me. Why? Cause nVidia in that page does
    > much better with AA and AF enabled, and that is what matters, and you know
    > it ;-) There even the GT beats the Pro.

    Should I say to you that in that benchmark.. nvidia was STILL using
    the PS1.1 shaders... only when BOTH ati as nvidia run in PS 2.0 I will
    take such a benchmark serious...
  31. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    >Ofcourse..nvidia drivers are holy. And their cards are Godlike!
    >
    >I tell ya, those darn canadians try to steal the holy cake from nvidia
    >but never can do it since they miss the divine touch of eternal
    >graphic power from the gods of hardware
    >
    > - Sarcasm is yet another service we offer

    I am sure your only girlfriend (your right hand) can better undersand your
    sarcasm better than anyone can...

    --
    Ryan Atici
    atici_ryan_osmanli@hotpop.com
    To send email, remove _osmanli
  32. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    On Sat, 8 May 2004 10:54:23 -0400, "Ryan Atici"
    <atici_ryan_OSMANLI@hotpop.com> wrote:

    >> WOW... you DO have a really good sence of humour...LOL
    >
    >It sounds like you don't have any sense of reality. LOL
    >
    so yer saying this is a 'true' statement, "My Nvidia TNT-2 is rock
    solid and spit out high bench-mark score
    unmatched by any ATI video cards."? and i've lost MY sence of
    reality???
  33. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    >Read again, idiot! Nvidia pull ahead in all resolution frame rates other
    >than 1600. Even at 1600, even though the faster clock speed of the ATI GPU
    >speed, the difference is very insignificant. On top of that, add operating
    >stability with Nvidia as apposed to ATI instability, the choice is as clear
    >as Nvidia. In 95 percent of the game reviews, Nvidia 6800 beats ATI X800
    >hands down.
    >
    >>Perhaps if you knew how to use a computer, it wouldnt crash all the
    >>time with the worms and spyware infections you get with your doggie
    >>and barf porn stuff.
    >
    >I can take care of all those problems using "Ad-aware", "spybot", and
    >"HijackThis". But those anti-spyware programs doesn't resolve the problems
    >ATI causes(period)

    yer not reading the same reviews as the rest of the world then. also,
    if you think ATI is such an 'evil' product then you either don't know
    squat about computers, don't know squat about setting them up, or are
    just an nvidiot fanboy whose mommy didn't buy them the video card they
    wanted for their 13th birthday.
  34. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    "Ryan Atici" <atici_ryan_OSMANLI@hotpop.com> skrev i en meddelelse
    news:2g5ekkF4nvj9U1@uni-berlin.de...
    > >Ofcourse..nvidia drivers are holy. And their cards are Godlike!
    > >
    > >I tell ya, those darn canadians try to steal the holy cake from nvidia
    > >but never can do it since they miss the divine touch of eternal
    > >graphic power from the gods of hardware
    > >
    > > - Sarcasm is yet another service we offer
    >
    > I am sure your only girlfriend (your right hand) can better undersand your
    > sarcasm better than anyone can...


    Aaah, now we're there..

    Well done, Dark Avenger, you lured the troll he is, out of him. :-)

    Humor beats them every time ;-)

    /Henrik
  35. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    > Aaah, now we're there..
    >
    > Well done, Dark Avenger, you lured the troll he is, out of him. :-)
    >
    > Humor beats them every time ;-)

    Sounds like you didn't get my humor. ;-)

    --
    Ryan Atici
    atici_ryan_osmanli@hotpop.com
    To send email, remove _osmanli
  36. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    >And I felt NVIDIA was better at running OpenGL
    >games.

    ATI is also suppose to be completely reworking the OpenGL side of
    their drivers as well. if memory serves it might be out in the 4.6's
    or something like that (maybe earlier, maybe a little later)
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Graphics Cards ATI Graphics