Sim tower and Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megan140

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2010
I've been trying for over an hour now to get Sim Tower (I know, old game. No need to tell me) to work. It worked fine up to Vista. I've tried to run it in compatibility mode but with no luck. I've also tried Virtual PC 2007 but nothing. I have even tried copying and pasting to my comp and then installing but nothing (that one was a long shot I know). I am currently installing VMware-the free download-to see if that will work.
Is there anything else I can try to get this game to work? I have Windows 7 Home premium 64bit.
ugh.png
-that's what I keep getting

Solution
DOSBox comes with help instructions included. You can figure it out with a bit of patience and reading. What you need is two lines of code that mount the CD-ROM and your games directory. Type "intro" after launching DOSBox to get detailed instructions on how to do it.

Megan140

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2010

This is what I get with VMware:
arg.png

It shows he has Sevrer 03 x64 virtualized (but not booting, its trying to boot over LAN) which is also a 64bit OS and wont run sim tower.. You need a 32bit OS.

Megan140

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2010

So how do I get it to run on a 64bit?

Megan140

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2010

I tried using dosbox but I couldn't figure it out. I know nothing about dos so even getting it to find the CD was impossible

DOSBox comes with help instructions included. You can figure it out with a bit of patience and reading. What you need is two lines of code that mount the CD-ROM and your games directory. Type "intro" after launching DOSBox to get detailed instructions on how to do it.

Solution

Megan140

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2010

So I've managed to mount the game but now when I try to install it I get illegal command:win

verbalizer

Distinguished
what are your system specs anyways.?
if had win7 professional or ultimate then it could be tried under xp-mode.
win7 home doesn't have that option.
it might be worth it anyways to windows anytime upgrade to win7 pro or ultimate since you have valid install, look into it.
with enough RAM (4GB) I think is the requirement try xp-mode.

Megan140

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2010

Unfortunately, this isn't my computer (mine is a vista that doesn't work so good anymore). It's my moms. It's an HP Pavillion dv7. 64 bit OS with 4GB ram. It has Windows 7 Home Premium

Status
Not open for further replies.