cooling

Dino

what is a decent cooling solution for an MSI Ti4200VTD8X-128 video card? The
stock one is starting to chew through it's housing and the noise is driving
me nuts.

>The
>stock one is starting to chew through it's housing and the noise is driving
>me nuts.

Chew through it's housing?

Dino

it is a plastic housing and the bearing is starting to get weak..thus the
blades are now starting to make contact with the fan enclosure

dino wrote:

> what is a decent cooling solution for an MSI Ti4200VTD8X-128 video card? The
> stock one is starting to chew through it's housing and the noise is driving
> me nuts.

I got a Vantec IceberQ4 Pro Premium VGA Cooling Kit for my Asus Ti-4200
8x. Nice package for Can$34. Came with thermal paste, 4 RAM Heatsinks
and 2 sided thermal tape.
http://vantecusa.com/product-cooling.html# Model CCB-A4P
Had the same issue as fan starting to get noisy and drop of oil didn't
quiet it for long.

HTH
--
Jethro[AGHL] aka Phat_Pinger
Reply Email: jeff (at) tibben (dot) ca

>it is a plastic housing and the bearing is starting to get weak..thus the
>blades are now starting to make contact with the fan enclosure

What if you took out the fan and used some fine sandpaper on the end of the
blades?

Dino

actually MSI has said they will replace it ..which is a plus for me...as for
the sandpaper..I don't think that would work...the fam actually looks like a
TMD style but since it has weakened..it is the sides of the blades and not
the ends that are making contact..was actually considering the Thermaltake
Heatpipe 2 for it as a replacement..have to see what MSI sends out first

>actually MSI has said they will replace it ..which is a plus for me...as for
>the sandpaper..I don't think that would work...the fam actually looks like a
>TMD style but since it has weakened..it is the sides of the blades and not
>the ends that are making contact..was actually considering the Thermaltake
>Heatpipe 2 for it as a replacement..have to see what MSI sends out first

I had a fan that was noisy. I finally took the fan out. Used some thermal
compound and screwed a small heatsink in place of the fan.
I then mounted an 80mm Smartfan 2 to a PCI slot cover and attached the fan
under the video card.