NaDa

"Danny" <danny__grant//@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<2g7ko8F595l6U1@uni-berlin.de>...
> Just to let you know you can run it on Nvidia FX cards at about 5-10fps with
> loss of obvious h/w effects in places.
>
> http://www.users.on.net/triforce/ruby/NV3xRuby.zip
>
> Use this wrapper.
>
> (Sorry if it's a repeat post)

Good grief. Heck, I'd still like to see the "Gas Station" GeForce FX
demo running in average speeds.

Danny

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Nada" <nada_says@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Danny" <danny__grant//@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Just to let you know you can run it on Nvidia FX cards at about 5-10fps
with
> > loss of obvious h/w effects in places.
> >
> > http://www.users.on.net/triforce/ruby/NV3xRuby.zip
> >
> > Use this wrapper.
> >
> > (Sorry if it's a repeat post)
>
> Good grief. Heck, I'd still like to see the "Gas Station" GeForce FX
> demo running in average speeds.

Heh. Quite.

Just thought that any ATI lurkers here ( like myself :) ) might like to know
this also allows the demos to run on the 98xx series of cards as well, and
presumably the 97xx and possibly the 96xx range.

As far as the Ruby demo, well it's runs at a reasonable rate but suffers
from graphic anomolies. For examplem, part of her torso is missing and their
is no head, but there are eyes and jawbone (with teeth). The net effect is a
90% complete body with floating eyes and teeth. Would suite a horror game
quite nicely :) The subrface demo seemed to run well, with no obvious
graphical errors.

Craig

"Nada" <nada_says@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Danny" <danny__grant//@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Just to let you know you can run it on Nvidia FX cards at about 5-10fps
>> with
>> loss of obvious h/w effects in places.
>>
>> http://www.users.on.net/triforce/ruby/NV3xRuby.zip
>>
>> Use this wrapper.
>>
>> (Sorry if it's a repeat post)
>
> Good grief. Heck, I'd still like to see the "Gas Station" GeForce FX
> demo running in average speeds.

---

"Craig Matchan" <cwigster@SpamMeNot.swiftdsl.com.au> wrote in message
> Just thought that any ATI lurkers here ( like myself :) ) might like to
know
> this also allows the demos to run on the 98xx series of cards as well, and
> presumably the 97xx and possibly the 96xx range.
>
> As far as the Ruby demo, well it's runs at a reasonable rate but suffers
> from graphic anomolies. For examplem, part of her torso is missing and
their
> is no head, but there are eyes and jawbone (with teeth). The net effect is
> 90% complete body with floating eyes and teeth. Would suite a horror game
> quite nicely :) The subrface demo seemed to run well, with no obvious
> graphical errors.
>
> Craig

It ran fine on my 9800XT

Chris Bedford

Bean

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2001

Craig,

You must be using a older wrapper. The newest one, v1 actually almost looks
perfect, except for the fact that their is no depth of field effects. The
creator "Colourless" is fixing any left over shader paths, and will release
a final one sometime soon. So there will not be any difference vissually :)

Go here:

http://www.users.on.net/triforce/ruby/

and download "r300rubyrap.zip" if you have an ati card
or "NV3xRuby.zip" if you have a nvidia card

Go here if you want to read up on it, and find out when the latet wrapper
will be released.
http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12141&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Bean