arctic cool vga fan and 5200fx ultra - does it fit?

Dummy

has anyone tried to attach an arctic cool fan to a PNY verto 5200fx ultra
card? i have the vid card on the way, and hope to ditch its (surely noisy)
fan for something silent.

if the arctic cool does not fit, does anyone know an alternative?

thks

"dummy" <spam@free.net> wrote in message
> has anyone tried to attach an arctic cool fan to a PNY verto 5200fx ultra
> card? i have the vid card on the way, and hope to ditch its (surely
noisy)
> fan for something silent.
>
> if the arctic cool does not fit, does anyone know an alternative?
>
> thks

The stock fan is not noisy at all. BTW, great card. The 5200 ultra is very
underrated because of the bad rap the plain 5200 gets.

bluestringer

Dummy

"bluestringer" <srvrules@strato.com> wrote in message

> "dummy" <spam@free.net> wrote in message
> > has anyone tried to attach an arctic cool fan to a PNY verto 5200fx
ultra
> > card? i have the vid card on the way, and hope to ditch its (surely
> noisy)
> > fan for something silent.
> >
> > if the arctic cool does not fit, does anyone know an alternative?
> >
> > thks
> >

> The stock fan is not noisy at all. BTW, great card. The 5200 ultra is
very
> underrated because of the bad rap the plain 5200 gets.
>
> bluestringer

well, truth be told, the card i should be receiving in the mail is coming
from PNY as a replacement for my previous 5200fx - which failed (and had far
and away the noisiest fan in my case.)

the images i've seen for the current PNY cards show a largish fan in a
gold-plated HS. my returned card had a smaller fan in an aluminum HS... mb
they have improved the fan?

thanks for the input. i always thought the performance was very good, so
agree with you on the bad rep.

> "bluestringer" <srvrules@strato.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "dummy" <spam@free.net> wrote in message
> > > has anyone tried to attach an arctic cool fan to a PNY verto 5200fx
> ultra
> > > card? i have the vid card on the way, and hope to ditch its (surely
> > noisy)
> > > fan for something silent.
> > >
> > > if the arctic cool does not fit, does anyone know an alternative?
> > >
> > > thks
> > >

> > The stock fan is not noisy at all. BTW, great card. The 5200 ultra is
> very
> > underrated because of the bad rap the plain 5200 gets.
> >
> > bluestringer
> >

> well, truth be told, the card i should be receiving in the mail is coming
> from PNY as a replacement for my previous 5200fx - which failed (and had
far
> and away the noisiest fan in my case.)
>
> the images i've seen for the current PNY cards show a largish fan in a
> gold-plated HS. my returned card had a smaller fan in an aluminum HS...
mb
> they have improved the fan?
>
> thanks for the input. i always thought the performance was very good, so
> agree with you on the bad rep.

I've installed 3 PNY cards and have had no problems with them. The 5200
Ultra I have now has the large fan in the gold-plated HS with HS's also
covering the memory.

bluestringer