Expert

amd2500+
768 megs ram
enermax 350 watt PS
win XP Pro w/SP's
all latest bios in place on all components

I have an MSI ti4200, brand new replacement from RMA. It seems to have a
habit of causing the screen to go black for a second during normal
operations. It doesn't interrupt any typing that is being done, it just
blacks out for a bit. I have seen this problem with both 45.23 and 56.72
drivers. The black out also happens when I click the task bar icon which
controls the programming of the card. It doesn't happen during gaming, which
is nice, UT2004 looks awesome :)

Just wondering if this is something anyone in here has seen with their card.

RS

I've found several drivers have a habit of doing that. Going back to older ones
solved it for me (e.g. 30.82), but of course some newer games may not work with
them.

"Rusty" <rustyshacleford@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
> amd2500+
> 768 megs ram
> enermax 350 watt PS
> win XP Pro w/SP's
> all latest bios in place on all components
>

> I have an MSI ti4200, brand new replacement from RMA. It seems to have a
> habit of causing the screen to go black for a second during normal
> operations. It doesn't interrupt any typing that is being done, it just
> blacks out for a bit. I have seen this problem with both 45.23 and 56.72
> drivers. The black out also happens when I click the task bar icon which
> controls the programming of the card. It doesn't happen during gaming, which
> is nice, UT2004 looks awesome :)
>
> Just wondering if this is something anyone in here has seen with their card.
>
> RS

Try to use different refresh rate and different bits of color.