Solo 9300 XP Modem Driver

Ed

I just put XP on my old 400 MHz Solo 9300. All hardware is working except
for the modem. I can't seem to find a windows XP driver for the internal
modem. Can anyone point me to it or send it to me?

Thanks,
Ed

Hippie

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2004

I just used the Win2000 driver from Gateway's website. Worked for me.

:)

"Ed" <ekirstein_atcatskill.net> wrote in message
>I just put XP on my old 400 MHz Solo 9300. All hardware is working except
>for the modem. I can't seem to find a windows XP driver for the internal
>modem. Can anyone point me to it or send it to me?
>
> Thanks,
> Ed

Hey Ed

I have a 9300 600 III. Did you have to do nothing else to load XP but load
the operating system and worry about this modem thing? Everything is
working, including DVD. OR did you have to go find a bunch of new drivers?

--
Regards,
Anthony Giorgianni

The return address for this post is fictitious. Please reply by posting back
to the newsgroup.
"Ed" <ekirstein_atcatskill.net> wrote in message
> I just put XP on my old 400 MHz Solo 9300. All hardware is working except
> for the modem. I can't seem to find a windows XP driver for the internal
> modem. Can anyone point me to it or send it to me?
>
> Thanks,
> Ed

Ed

Gee, everything seemed to work except for the modem. I didn't do much
except install it and used the Gateway driver cdrom for the keyboard. I was
surprised there were no other hitches. I have it dual booting with win98,
having each operating system on its own hard drive.

Ed

"Anthony Giorgianni" <pleasepostbacktothetgroup@postbacktogroup.invalid>
wrote in message
> Hey Ed
>
> I have a 9300 600 III. Did you have to do nothing else to load XP but load
> the operating system and worry about this modem thing? Everything is
> working, including DVD. OR did you have to go find a bunch of new drivers?
>

> --
> Regards,
> Anthony Giorgianni
>
> The return address for this post is fictitious. Please reply by posting
> back
> to the newsgroup.
> "Ed" <ekirstein_atcatskill.net> wrote in message
>> I just put XP on my old 400 MHz Solo 9300. All hardware is working
>> except
>> for the modem. I can't seem to find a windows XP driver for the internal
>> modem. Can anyone point me to it or send it to me?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ed

Nice to know, Ed. Thanks for the feedback. Have you solved the modem issue?

--

> Gee, everything seemed to work except for the modem. I didn't do much
> except install it and used the Gateway driver cdrom for the keyboard. I
was
> surprised there were no other hitches. I have it dual booting with win98,
> having each operating system on its own hard drive.
>
> Ed
>
> "Anthony Giorgianni" <pleasepostbacktothetgroup@postbacktogroup.invalid>
> wrote in message
> > Hey Ed
> >
> > I have a 9300 600 III. Did you have to do nothing else to load XP but
load
> > the operating system and worry about this modem thing? Everything is
> > working, including DVD. OR did you have to go find a bunch of new
drivers?

> > --
> > Regards,
> > Anthony Giorgianni
> >
> > The return address for this post is fictitious. Please reply by posting
> > back
> > to the newsgroup.
> > "Ed" <ekirstein_atcatskill.net> wrote in message
> >> I just put XP on my old 400 MHz Solo 9300. All hardware is working
> >> except
> >> for the modem. I can't seem to find a windows XP driver for the
internal
> >> modem. Can anyone point me to it or send it to me?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Ed

Ed

No, I downloaded the win2000 modem driver, but it wouldn't install. I'm not
sure if there's some other problem going on, but since I'm dual booting, I
can always go back to win98, to use the modem if I really had to. Mostly, I
use the laptop alongside my desktop as a second screen when I'm designing
websites or doing AutoCad work.

wrote in message
> Nice to know, Ed. Thanks for the feedback. Have you solved the modem
> issue?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Anthony Giorgianni
>
> The return address for this post is fictitious. Please reply by posting
> back
> to the newsgroup.
>
> "Ed" <ekirstein_atcatskill.net> wrote in message
>> Gee, everything seemed to work except for the modem. I didn't do much
>> except install it and used the Gateway driver cdrom for the keyboard. I
> was
>> surprised there were no other hitches. I have it dual booting with
>> win98,
>> having each operating system on its own hard drive.
>>
>> Ed
>>
>> "Anthony Giorgianni" <pleasepostbacktothetgroup@postbacktogroup.invalid>
>> wrote in message
>> > Hey Ed
>> >
>> > I have a 9300 600 III. Did you have to do nothing else to load XP but
> load
>> > the operating system and worry about this modem thing? Everything is
>> > working, including DVD. OR did you have to go find a bunch of new
> drivers?
>> >

>> > --
>> > Regards,
>> > Anthony Giorgianni
>> >
>> > The return address for this post is fictitious. Please reply by posting
>> > back
>> > to the newsgroup.
>> > "Ed" <ekirstein_atcatskill.net> wrote in message
> internal

That's discouraging. I hope you get it solved. Thanks again.