gta-sa, PC, Vigilante glitch?

Last response: in Video Games
July 1, 2005 8:23:36 PM

Does the Vigilante glitch work on the PC? I'm talking about triggering
it and jumping in a building. I've read a number of explainations and
FAQs and tried it many ways and times but can't get the Eliminated
message.

Can anyone explain it better?

I've also tried it legit about a dozen times. Motorcycle (max skill),
car (2/3rds skill), city, country, you name it. The problem with the
country is we always end up in the damn city. I know it's easier with
the hunter or Rhino but I could really use the 150 armor.

Thanks

More about : gta vigilante glitch

Anonymous
July 2, 2005 12:43:58 AM

Proc492 wrote:

> Does the Vigilante glitch work on the PC? I'm talking about triggering
> it and jumping in a building. I've read a number of explainations and
> FAQs and tried it many ways and times but can't get the Eliminated
> message.

It has to be a Cluckin' Bell, I think. There's one not too far from
his safe house. Just make sure you have started the mission before you
go into the restaurant, stand there for a while until you get the
message then go back to your vehicle. When the message comes up to say
you're on the next level nip back into the restaurant. As you get
further in there are more targets so you may find you have to pop out
to the car/bike a couple of times per round. I haven't heard anyone
say it doesn't work on the pc but I couldn't get it to work on the ps2
either at first.

> Can anyone explain it better?

I have only done it this way or with the rhino.

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 16:23:36 -0400, Proc492 wrote:

> Does the Vigilante glitch work on the PC? I'm talking about triggering it
> and jumping in a building. I've read a number of explainations and FAQs
> and tried it many ways and times but can't get the Eliminated message.
>
> Can anyone explain it better?
>
> I've also tried it legit about a dozen times. Motorcycle (max skill), car
> (2/3rds skill), city, country, you name it. The problem with the country
> is we always end up in the damn city. I know it's easier with the hunter
> or Rhino but I could really use the 150 armor.

try using the sniper rifle.

when you follow the crims, they don't speed up until they know you're on
their tail so what i did was get close to them, dismount then start
shooting the car. it only takes 3 or 4 shots to set the car on fire at
which point, they get out.

once out of the car, they stand around doing nothing (you're not close
enough to alert them) so just pick them off one by one.

i only found this out by accident because i tried doing it with heat
seekers but ran out and had to resort to the sniper rifle. it was so easy,
i decided to try the vigilante mission again (after saving the successful
mission of course!) and using the sniper rifle, combined with being in the
countryside made this mission extremely easy... in my opinion, of course :-)
July 2, 2005 2:06:12 PM

The hospital roof is tricky - fly the Dodo nice and slow and jump out
at the right moment, then parachute off. The time involved in
retrieving a parachute and getting into the Dodo isn't worth it though,
you're quicker saveing, reloading, and going back to Vinewood. I got
the Mulholland one once, it's so difficult as to be entirely pointless.

Phil Hibbs.
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 3:28:11 PM

In article <pan.2005.07.01.22.39.25.996637@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan>,
bryan@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan says...
> On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 16:23:36 -0400, Proc492 wrote:
>
> > Does the Vigilante glitch work on the PC? I'm talking about triggering it
> > and jumping in a building. I've read a number of explainations and FAQs
> > and tried it many ways and times but can't get the Eliminated message.
> >
> > Can anyone explain it better?
> >
> > I've also tried it legit about a dozen times. Motorcycle (max skill), car
> > (2/3rds skill), city, country, you name it. The problem with the country
> > is we always end up in the damn city. I know it's easier with the hunter
> > or Rhino but I could really use the 150 armor.
>
> try using the sniper rifle.
[...]

I just can't get enough ammo for the sniper. The only one I think I can
get is in Vinewood. The one on the hospital looks impossible. The one
in Molholland... I've tried a number of cycle jumps from above but can't
catch it. Are there anymore in Los Santos?

thx
July 3, 2005 1:17:01 AM

On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 11:28:11 -0400, Proc492 wrote:

> In article <pan.2005.07.01.22.39.25.996637@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan>,
> bryan@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan says...

>> try using the sniper rifle.
> [...]
>
> I just can't get enough ammo for the sniper.

just keep collecting the easy rifle .
Anonymous
July 3, 2005 2:07:48 AM

bryan <bryan@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan> writes:

> try using the sniper rifle.

Thanks for the hint. I tried a few times with a cop bike and about
3000 rounds of SMG ammo, but around level 8 they seemed to shoot
shotguns out of the car window with incredible accuracy and damage.
Two hits and I was dead. Well, at least I got my SMG skill to hitman
level if nothing else.
!