Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 updates

Last response: in Windows 7
November 18, 2010 9:07:23 AM

i am updating my windows 7 for the first time i have a genuine copy of windows 7 iam afraid if something happen after updates do u think its okey to update?

More about : windows updates

a b $ Windows 7
November 18, 2010 10:55:58 AM

Define "something happen". Something will happen, you'll have the updates. This usually is a good thing, though problems can occur sometimes. I never update on patch Tuesday, I usually wait till at least the end of the week. Assuming no one complains, then I go ahead and update.

If your worried about your copy of windows being seen as a pirate copy, that isn't likely to happen if you have a real copy. There was one patch awhile ago that made peoples copy think they were pirate copies, but windows fix it. (and if you wait a bit you wouldn't have that problem.) What can happen is if you bought the computer from a less the reputable store and they loaded it with a pirate copy. You can take it back and demand a valid copy, odds are you'll end up buying one instead.

I vote you wait until Friday or Saturday, and then run it. Unless you know or suspect you have a pirated copy.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
November 18, 2010 11:12:02 AM

Windows 7 updates are delivered so quietly that I sometimes don't even notice it's happened. Nothing to worry about.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
November 18, 2010 4:12:04 PM

Hello vibaviattigala,

As long as you are getting the updates from Microsoft, you will be ok. In fact, updates are important to keep your computer running to it's greatest potential. If you'd like to learn more about Windows Updates, this FAQ is a great resource - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Updates-fre...

Cheers,
Cassandra
Microsoft Windows Outreach
m
l
November 18, 2010 4:48:13 PM

Leave automatic updates , as suggested to you, if your windows is genuine no problem here-
m
l
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
November 18, 2010 10:17:54 PM

vibaviattigala said:
i am updating my windows 7 for the first time i have a genuine copy of windows 7 iam afraid if something happen after updates do u think its okey to update?

seriously.?
m
l
November 19, 2010 10:15:08 AM

verbalizer said:
seriously.?

This guy has gotten confused with people with fake Win-7's fearing updates.

If you don't like the result of an update, you can always use a restore point.
m
l
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
November 19, 2010 12:52:15 PM

piracy..
m
l
a b 8 Security
a c 401 $ Windows 7
November 20, 2010 9:05:21 PM

if the copy is real no need to worry at all!
m
l
November 21, 2010 3:27:30 AM

Just use your updates, windows does a restore point for them
m
l
!