Can't Resolve Contact Conflict

April 7, 2004 2:46:46 PM

Since my last hard-reset/reload I have 8 contacts which will not resolve and
no messages as to which ones they are. What can I do?

John Stenstrom
Richmond, VA
Anonymous
April 7, 2004 8:28:40 PM

"John Stenstrom" <john.stenstrom@siemens.com> wrote in message
> Since my last hard-reset/reload I have 8 contacts which will not resolve
and
> no messages as to which ones they are. What can I do?

Did the response I posted not work?

Flib
Anonymous
April 8, 2004 11:45:37 AM

I must have had a problem with my PC. I went to check for answers to my
lost in cyberspace.

Please re-post your answer and I'll give it a try.

Thanks,

John S.

"Flibble" <tough@thetop.com> wrote in message

> "John Stenstrom" <john.stenstrom@siemens.com> wrote in message
> > Since my last hard-reset/reload I have 8 contacts which will not resolve
> and
> > no messages as to which ones they are. What can I do?
>
> Did the response I posted not work?
>
> Flib

April 8, 2004 6:09:02 PM

> I must have had a problem with my PC. I went to check for answers to my
> lost in cyberspace.
>
> Please re-post your answer and I'll give it a try.

No problem, here it is:

While connected to the PPC via Activesync, in (Desktop)
Outlook, move all your contacts into a sub-folder -
sub-folders don't sync so they'll all be removed from
the PPC via Activesync. Then add them back to the main
Contacts folder a few at a time until the problem ones
show themselves.

HTH,

Flib
Anonymous
April 8, 2004 6:09:03 PM

That worked like a champ - many thanks...

Interestingly, I had 8 unresolved contacts but only found 3 which had
problems when moving them back and forth.

jhs

> "John Stenstrom" <john.stenstrom@siemens.com> wrote in message
> > I must have had a problem with my PC. I went to check for answers to my
> > lost in cyberspace.
> >
> > Please re-post your answer and I'll give it a try.
>
> No problem, here it is:
>
> While connected to the PPC via Activesync, in (Desktop)
> Outlook, move all your contacts into a sub-folder -
> sub-folders don't sync so they'll all be removed from
> the PPC via Activesync. Then add them back to the main
> Contacts folder a few at a time until the problem ones
> show themselves.
>
> HTH,
>
> Flib

Anonymous
April 8, 2004 10:14:29 PM

> That worked like a champ - many thanks...

You're welcome.

> Interestingly, I had 8 unresolved contacts but only found 3 which had
> problems when moving them back and forth.

That's Activesync for you!

Cheers,

Flib
!