Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Cases, sleeves and other ways to carry a Pocket PC

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Share
Anonymous
April 7, 2004 12:17:53 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

I have seen many ways to carry a Pocket PC. The most common is the
case it comes in, the leather wallets and various hard shell
protective devices. Another approach might be something like a clip
that would carry it like a pen. That is the approach shown at the URL
below:

www.pocketpcclips.com

What is the best approach that you have seen?
Anonymous
April 7, 2004 2:56:00 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Eric,

Having replaced an iPAQ due to a cracked screen i would
HIGHLY recommend that you get a hard case. the pen clip
looks like a disaste waiting to happen.

Doug
>-----Original Message-----
>I have seen many ways to carry a Pocket PC. The most
common is the
>case it comes in, the leather wallets and various hard
shell
>protective devices. Another approach might be something
like a clip
>that would carry it like a pen. That is the approach
shown at the URL
>below:
>
>www.pocketpcclips.com
>
>What is the best approach that you have seen?
>.
>
Anonymous
April 7, 2004 7:35:57 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

eganders@yahoo.com (Eric Anderson) wrote in
news:7ecae0a4.0404070717.53ff0d82@posting.google.com:

> I have seen many ways to carry a Pocket PC. The most common is the
> case it comes in, the leather wallets and various hard shell
> protective devices. Another approach might be something like a clip
> that would carry it like a pen. That is the approach shown at the URL
> below:

Yo dumbshit!

Your name is taped onto the pocketpc in the photo, so making believe you're
seeking info just shows you to be of questionable ethics.

BTW, that's the silliest way to hold a PPC that I've ever seen-- offers no
protection, and you need a pocket anyway.

I recommend ebcases.

Scott
Related resources
Anonymous
April 7, 2004 9:26:54 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

"Eric Anderson" <eganders@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:7ecae0a4.0404070717.53ff0d82@posting.google.com...
> I have seen many ways to carry a Pocket PC. The most common is the
> case it comes in, the leather wallets and various hard shell
> protective devices. Another approach might be something like a clip
> that would carry it like a pen. That is the approach shown at the URL
> below:
>
> www.pocketpcclips.com
>
> What is the best approach that you have seen?

Not this one. Almost any other way.
Anonymous
April 7, 2004 11:52:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

On Wed, 7 Apr 2004 5:17:53 -1000, Eric Anderson wrote
(in message <7ecae0a4.0404070717.53ff0d82@posting.google.com>):

> What is the best approach that you have seen?

One that protects the screen while you're carrying your device.

--
Marlof Bregonje
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices [http://www.microsoft.com/mobile]
Pocket PC Thoughts [http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com]
Anonymous
April 8, 2004 1:56:11 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Well, you are right. The clip is mine. But if you search past
messages, I have been looking for the best way to carry a Pocket PC
for years. I have been interested in the Veja case since before it
was perfected for the 3800 series Pocket PC. I have got to admit,
many of my ideas I seem to like don't necessarily thrill other people.
I have used the clip that you see in my post for about 3 years now
(when the 3800 series first came out). I use a screen protector with
it and I wear the Pocket PC in both my shirt and a jean pocket on the
weekends while working in my woodshop and on heavy trucks at work. So
far it has survived. The case, except for surface wear, is still
looking pretty good.

The ebcases look pretty good. I have just found that almost all the
cases require some action being taken before you can turn the Pocket
PC on (unzipper, open, unfold). Maybe I am being picky, but most of
the time I am in a hurry and just want to take a quick note about
something that I will forget if I can't get it down right away.

Anyway, your feedback is valuable. If everyone's reaction is "not
this one, almost any other way" ... so be it. On to the next idea!!

<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<16c4601c41cc9$95cada00$a601280a@phx.gbl>...
> Eric,
>
> Having replaced an iPAQ due to a cracked screen i would
> HIGHLY recommend that you get a hard case. the pen clip
> looks like a disaste waiting to happen.
>
> Doug
> >-----Original Message-----
> >I have seen many ways to carry a Pocket PC. The most
> common is the
> >case it comes in, the leather wallets and various hard
> shell
> >protective devices. Another approach might be something
> like a clip
> >that would carry it like a pen. That is the approach
> shown at the URL
> >below:
> >
> >www.pocketpcclips.com
> >
> >What is the best approach that you have seen?
> >.
> >
Anonymous
April 8, 2004 8:54:53 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

How did you crack your screen? Did you drop it or hit it with
something? What do they charge to repair something like that?


> Eric,
>
> Having replaced an iPAQ due to a cracked screen i would
> HIGHLY recommend that you get a hard case. the pen clip
> looks like a disaste waiting to happen.
>
> Doug
>
Anonymous
April 10, 2004 6:32:10 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Marlof Bregonje, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices <askforit@thenewsgroup.address.invalid> wrote in message news:<0001HW.BC9A0C63001B2E14F03055B0@msnews.microsoft.com>...
> On Wed, 7 Apr 2004 5:17:53 -1000, Eric Anderson wrote
> (in message <7ecae0a4.0404070717.53ff0d82@posting.google.com>):
>
> > What is the best approach that you have seen?
>
> One that protects the screen while you're carrying your device.

The Pocket PC Clip inherently does that. The screen faces the
person's body. I have never had any reason to fear for the screen
being cracked. In a shirt pocket, it faces your chest. In a pant
pocket it faces your thigh. Put your Pocket PC against your chest and
you will see that your chest protects it.
Anonymous
April 11, 2004 1:23:04 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 23:32:10 -1000, Eric Anderson wrote
(in message <7ecae0a4.0404101332.1aafce4c@posting.google.com>):

> The screen faces the
> person's body. I have never had any reason to fear for the screen
> being cracked.

Which most definitely is not good enough for me. Must be my lack
of muscle toning, but my iHolder is most definitely doing a
better job keeping protection front of my screen than my body
would ever do.

But if it suits you, I'm happy for you. I just expressed my
personal wishes.

--
Marlof Bregonje
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices [http://www.microsoft.com/mobile]
Pocket PC Thoughts [http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com]
Anonymous
April 12, 2004 3:17:44 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

> The Pocket PC Clip inherently does that. The screen faces the
> person's body. I have never had any reason to fear for the screen
> being cracked. In a shirt pocket, it faces your chest. In a pant
> pocket it faces your thigh. Put your Pocket PC against your chest and
> you will see that your chest protects it.

Did you design that?

Let me picture this......

You are holding a glass screen in your shirt pocket that is close to your
heart. Driving like most other people and an accident happens. glass
fragments (not to mention the poison from the liquid crystal that goes into
your heart.

Look mate.... I have to watch my friend die from a ball point pen that went
through his heart while involved in a car accident, there still needs to be
a better design than the clip you have mention.

Kindest regards
Anonymous
April 12, 2004 7:11:02 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

"Eric Anderson" <eganders@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:7ecae0a4.0404101332.1aafce4c@posting.google.com...
> Marlof Bregonje, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
<askforit@thenewsgroup.address.invalid> wrote in message
news:<0001HW.BC9A0C63001B2E14F03055B0@msnews.microsoft.com>...
> > On Wed, 7 Apr 2004 5:17:53 -1000, Eric Anderson wrote
> > (in message <7ecae0a4.0404070717.53ff0d82@posting.google.com>):
> >
> > > What is the best approach that you have seen?
> >
> > One that protects the screen while you're carrying your device.
>
> The Pocket PC Clip inherently does that. The screen faces the
> person's body. I have never had any reason to fear for the screen
> being cracked. In a shirt pocket, it faces your chest. In a pant
> pocket it faces your thigh. Put your Pocket PC against your chest and
> you will see that your chest protects it.


Just accept that you like the design, but most other people don't. It
doesn't make you wrong, just that your opinion is different to most other
people. Me included.
Anonymous
April 12, 2004 4:46:13 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

"AlanS" <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> wrote in message news:<c5cu10$tm4$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk>...
> "Eric Anderson" <eganders@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:7ecae0a4.0404101332.1aafce4c@posting.google.com...
> > Marlof Bregonje, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
> <askforit@thenewsgroup.address.invalid> wrote in message
> news:<0001HW.BC9A0C63001B2E14F03055B0@msnews.microsoft.com>...
> > > On Wed, 7 Apr 2004 5:17:53 -1000, Eric Anderson wrote
> > > (in message <7ecae0a4.0404070717.53ff0d82@posting.google.com>):
> > >
> > > > What is the best approach that you have seen?
> > >
> > > One that protects the screen while you're carrying your device.
> >
> > The Pocket PC Clip inherently does that. The screen faces the
> > person's body. I have never had any reason to fear for the screen
> > being cracked. In a shirt pocket, it faces your chest. In a pant
> > pocket it faces your thigh. Put your Pocket PC against your chest and
> > you will see that your chest protects it.
>
>
> Just accept that you like the design, but most other people don't. It
> doesn't make you wrong, just that your opinion is different to most other
> people. Me included.

Wow! I hope I am not a sensitive person. I could get a complex here
really easily. I never thought that I might get poisoned by my own
PDA!! Guess I am just lucky that PDA's are losing market share (or so
I have read). Maybe I'll get one of those cell phones that have a
built-in PDA. Oops! Didn't I hear that you could get cancer of the
brain using a cell phone? There has to be a solution to this dilemma.
Ideas?
Anonymous
April 13, 2004 5:15:29 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

"Eric Anderson" <eganders@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:7ecae0a4.0404121146.cbdcb07@posting.google.com...
> "AlanS" <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> wrote in message
news:<c5cu10$tm4$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk>...
> > "Eric Anderson" <eganders@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > news:7ecae0a4.0404101332.1aafce4c@posting.google.com...
> > > Marlof Bregonje, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
> > <askforit@thenewsgroup.address.invalid> wrote in message
> > news:<0001HW.BC9A0C63001B2E14F03055B0@msnews.microsoft.com>...
> > > > On Wed, 7 Apr 2004 5:17:53 -1000, Eric Anderson wrote
> > > > (in message <7ecae0a4.0404070717.53ff0d82@posting.google.com>):
> > > >
> > > > > What is the best approach that you have seen?
> > > >
> > > > One that protects the screen while you're carrying your device.
> > >
> > > The Pocket PC Clip inherently does that. The screen faces the
> > > person's body. I have never had any reason to fear for the screen
> > > being cracked. In a shirt pocket, it faces your chest. In a pant
> > > pocket it faces your thigh. Put your Pocket PC against your chest and
> > > you will see that your chest protects it.
> >
> >
> > Just accept that you like the design, but most other people don't. It
> > doesn't make you wrong, just that your opinion is different to most
other
> > people. Me included.
>
> Wow! I hope I am not a sensitive person. I could get a complex here
> really easily. I never thought that I might get poisoned by my own
> PDA!! Guess I am just lucky that PDA's are losing market share (or so
> I have read). Maybe I'll get one of those cell phones that have a
> built-in PDA. Oops! Didn't I hear that you could get cancer of the
> brain using a cell phone? There has to be a solution to this dilemma.
> Ideas?

What's the point? Go your own way again- you will anyway.
!