best drivers for ti4200

Hi
I haven't updated my detonator drivers in quite a while (currently have
6.14.10.4533 - basically the 45.33 ones). Anyways im wondering whats the
best version to have for my ti4200 64mb, because i know the newest ones are
more optimized for the fx cards...

thanks in advance

warlord716 <warlord716@ wrote:
> Hi
> I haven't updated my detonator drivers in quite a while (currently have
> 6.14.10.4533 - basically the 45.33 ones). Anyways im wondering whats the
> best version to have for my ti4200 64mb, because i know the newest ones are
> more optimized for the fx cards...
>
> thanks in advance

I suggest you to stay with the ones you have.

I have 45.23, and tried recently 56.72 WHQL ones. I had a strange mouse
cursor problem with it (Logitech MX 510) and no visible improvements. so
I went back to 45.23 again.

> Hi
> I haven't updated my detonator drivers in quite a while (currently
> have
> 6.14.10.4533 - basically the 45.33 ones). Anyways im wondering whats
> the best version to have for my ti4200 64mb, because i know the
> newest ones are more optimized for the fx cards...

The 44.03 are probably the best Ti4200 drivers but I'm currently using the
56.72 without any problems. The 45.23 drivers don't render images and
shadows correctly so avoid those.

My AquaMark3 score is 7000 points higher with the 56.72 compared to the
44.03. The newer games like Far Cry like the 56.72 drivers but some older
games seem to prefer the 44.03s.

Too_Much_Coffee ®

---
Got GigaNews?
http://www.giganews.com/customer/gn26215

"Bora Ugurlu" <boraugurlu@yahoo.de> wrote in message
> warlord716 <warlord716@ wrote:
> > Hi
> > I haven't updated my detonator drivers in quite a while (currently have
> > 6.14.10.4533 - basically the 45.33 ones). Anyways im wondering whats
the
> > best version to have for my ti4200 64mb, because i know the newest ones
are
> > more optimized for the fx cards...
> >
> > thanks in advance
> >

> I suggest you to stay with the ones you have.
>
> I have 45.23, and tried recently 56.72 WHQL ones. I had a strange mouse
> cursor problem with it (Logitech MX 510) and no visible improvements. so
> I went back to 45.23 again.

45.23's here as well. Work good with BFV so...

43.51 worked best for me Gainward Ti4200 Golden Sample 128 mb

"Too_Much_Coffee ®" <looking@the.grrrls> wrote in message
> > Hi
> > I haven't updated my detonator drivers in quite a while (currently
> > have
> > 6.14.10.4533 - basically the 45.33 ones). Anyways im wondering whats
> > the best version to have for my ti4200 64mb, because i know the
> > newest ones are more optimized for the fx cards...
>
> The 44.03 are probably the best Ti4200 drivers but I'm currently using the
> 56.72 without any problems. The 45.23 drivers don't render images and
> shadows correctly so avoid those.
>
> My AquaMark3 score is 7000 points higher with the 56.72 compared to the
> 44.03. The newer games like Far Cry like the 56.72 drivers but some older
> games seem to prefer the 44.03s.
>

> Too_Much_Coffee ®

Thanks for all the replies, I will probably go with the 56.72 because I
generally play newer games (CNC generals, HW2, UT2004, etc)

>The 44.03 are probably the best Ti4200 drivers

I use the 44.03's with my 4200. I think they are the fastest, but not much
difference then what your already using.

"warlord716" <warlord716@<NOSPAM>yahoo.com> wrote in news:LCdpc.34457
$hY.31421@twister.nyroc.rr.com:

> Hi
> I haven't updated my detonator drivers in quite a while (currently have
> 6.14.10.4533 - basically the 45.33 ones). Anyways im wondering whats the
> best version to have for my ti4200 64mb, because i know the newest ones are
> more optimized for the fx cards...
>
> thanks in advance

The only way to get a real answer is to try the various drivers on your
machine using your games and software. Anything less is really just a guess.
Depending on the games / apps you run, some may improve, some may be slower.

I've got a dual P3-800 with MSI Ti4200 8x 128MB, running dual-boot WinME and
Server 2003. I've run 4.33, 53.03(04 for ME) and now 56.64(me) and 56.72
(2003).

In my case, the OS makes a bigger difference in the frame rates for Q3A and
other Q3A engine based games than the driver version does.

I think the biggest issue is botched driver installs and things not working.
For whatever reason, a lot of people have things "break" when they install
new drivers. Sometimes they find real bugs in the new driver, but even more
often it's something that's been broken as a result of the driver install.
An old file did not get replaced, or a new file did not get copied, or some
registry settings were lost or changed. I've run into this a few times
myself using the MSI drivers instead of the Nvidia drivers. The drivers
themselves are really the same, it's the installation that's different. In
my case, re-installing the Nvidia divers a second time fixed the issues.

Best of luck with your ti4200. They're great cards. No regrets buying mine at
all. It replaced a V5500.... that's another story in itself.

You are using the best driver for that card currently.

--
DaveW