Does my card support DirectX9?

My video card is a Asus V7100 deluxe combo, it is based on Nvidia GF2 MX400
chips, does it support DirectX 9.0?

How do I find out about it in the system?

I discuss wrote:
> My video card is a Asus V7100 deluxe combo, it is based on Nvidia GF2 MX400
> chips, does it support DirectX 9.0?
>
> How do I find out about it in the system?

It doesn't support D3D9 in "hardware". It can simulate D3D9 functions in
software though, if Nvidia has programmed it in their drivers. So it
will be damn slow in D3D9.

On Sat, 15 May 2004 11:40:12 -0400, "I discuss"
<lleaf-delete.this-@hotmail.com> wrote:

>My video card is a Asus V7100 deluxe combo, it is based on Nvidia GF2 MX400
>chips, does it support DirectX 9.0?
>
>How do I find out about it in the system?

It doesn't have the ability to do DX9 specific features in
hardware, but you can install DX9 on your system, and it will work
fine. You could try newer games on the card, but they will not have
the shader effects th`at make them look cool, and your game's
perfdormance will suffer.

No, it does not support DX9.

--
DaveW

"I discuss" <lleaf-delete.this-@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My video card is a Asus V7100 deluxe combo, it is based on Nvidia GF2
MX400
> chips, does it support DirectX 9.0?
>
> How do I find out about it in the system?

No, your card's GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) does not support DX 9.

"I discuss" <lleaf-delete.this-@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My video card is a Asus V7100 deluxe combo, it is based on Nvidia GF2
MX400
> chips, does it support DirectX 9.0?
>
> How do I find out about it in the system?

I would like to know the details. How do I tell?
the video card control penal does identify DX9 on the information page.

What difference does it make? a card support or doesn't support DX9?
When will DX10 comes out? maybe I should just skip DX9 and wait for card
that support DX10?

Tod wrote:

> No, your card's GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) does not support DX 9.
>
> "I discuss" <lleaf-delete.this-@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>My video card is a Asus V7100 deluxe combo, it is based on Nvidia GF2
>
> MX400
>
>>chips, does it support DirectX 9.0?
>>
>>How do I find out about it in the system?

augustus

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003

"I discuss" <lleaf-delete.this-@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My video card is a Asus V7100 deluxe combo, it is based on Nvidia GF2
MX400
> chips, does it support DirectX 9.0?

Your card is a DX7 card. It neither supports DX8.1 or DX9. That being said,
it will run most games although slowly and without many visual bells and
whistles. True DX8 and DX9 effects cannot be emulated. The biggest jump in
"eye candy" visual effects is from DX7 to DX8. DX9 improves a bit on this.
Some say a lot, but to me the biggest "wow" factor was from DX7 to 8. A
Geforce2 MX is long in the tooth for any 3D game made in the last 2-3 years.
Pick up a Geforce4 Ti4400 or 4600. Inexpensive to get used on eBay now. It's
DX8.1 and fast. To match it's speed in a DX9 card, you need to be looking at
an FX5700 and above. The Radeon equivalent of the Ti4400/4600 is the 8500. A
Ti4200 compares to an 8500LE.

I'm assuming the control panel is just showing that you have the Microsoft
DX 9 software loaded
your card does not have that hardware to support it.

"I discuss" <lleaf-NOSPAM-@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I would like to know the details. How do I tell?
> the video card control penal does identify DX9 on the information page.
>
> What difference does it make? a card support or doesn't support DX9?
> When will DX10 comes out? maybe I should just skip DX9 and wait for card
> that support DX10?
>

> Tod wrote:
>
> > No, your card's GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) does not support DX 9.
> >
> > "I discuss" <lleaf-delete.this-@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>My video card is a Asus V7100 deluxe combo, it is based on Nvidia GF2
> >
> > MX400
> >
> >>chips, does it support DirectX 9.0?
> >>
> >>How do I find out about it in the system?

What someone already posted about your card was right on the money. It's most
likely a Direct X 7 card.
DirectX 8.1 has a few more features then yours does. DirectX 9 has even more
features.
It doesn't make a difference if your happy with the graphics qualityand the
game plays OK.

Here is a simple example.

If you play the game Morrowind with a DirectX 8.1 card the water will look like
this.

http://morrowind.unforgottenrealms.net/screenshots/MW19b.jpg

If you play the game with your DirectX 7 card the water won't look as
realistic. You card can't do that DirectX8.1 features so it drops down the
graphics to what it can do. Which is usally not as nice.

DirectX 9 has a lot of great new features, and if your card can't do them it
will improvise, but it won't look as nice graphically and might not run as
fast.

fcepeda

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
I am trying to run Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 and have run into several problems which I have fixed. My latest error message reads: My video card driver may not fully support Directx 9.0. I downloaded the latest driver but now I'm getting a different error msg: Your Video card Hardware may not be sufficient for Full Directx 9 support.

It recommends that I upgrade my card. What kind of card should I get?