gf4 ti 4200 opengl refresh problem?

I know this maybe a windows xp problem but I'm not sure. can't get
above 60hz
on opengl games . I never had a problem before. just reinstalled a
couple of opengl games and they didn't work right.tried different
drivers ,every tweak I'd ever heard of nothing works. any ideas would be
welcomed!

"thx1138" <thx1138@insight.rr.com> wrote in message
> I know this maybe a windows xp problem but I'm not sure. can't get
> above 60hz
> on opengl games . I never had a problem before. just reinstalled a
> couple of opengl games and they didn't work right.tried different
> drivers ,every tweak I'd ever heard of nothing works. any ideas would be
> welcomed!

Try this:

http://entechtaiwan.net/util/ps.shtm

no luck with powerstrip thanks for the help but no go.

thx1138 wrote:

> I know this maybe a windows xp problem but I'm not sure. can't get
> above 60hz
> on opengl games . I never had a problem before. just reinstalled a
> couple of opengl games and they didn't work right.tried different
> drivers ,every tweak I'd ever heard of nothing works. any ideas would be
> welcomed!

Hello,
On the same site download Multires : This software maintains the refresh
rate
you have selected. It's free and bug-free (I use it for years).
If Multires do not the job, examine yours drivers (monitor and graphic
card).
Check nVidia site an monitor site for a fresh version...
Even if you don't find a new version;
uninstall and re-install them.
(re)Install directx 9.

Good luck

"Superlifer" <genericx@earthlink.net> a écrit dans le message de

> "thx1138" <thx1138@insight.rr.com> wrote in message
> > I know this maybe a windows xp problem but I'm not sure. can't get
> > above 60hz
> > on opengl games . I never had a problem before. just reinstalled a
> > couple of opengl games and they didn't work right.tried different
> > drivers ,every tweak I'd ever heard of nothing works. any ideas would be
> > welcomed!
>
> Try this:
>
> http://entechtaiwan.net/util/ps.shtm

May i assume you have tried reforce?
Best to do is completely get rid of nvidia drivers,also in registry.
Now with windows xp after installing detonators your monitor gets detected
again.
So when fiddling with 6 driver versions you could end up with 6 monitor
listings in reg.
Now when you assign the higher frequencies for monitor it could be the wrong
one from reg is taken.
In effect you have assigned the monitor from set A while running the game at
set B etc.
Could be your d3d games are windowed?So those would run in the frequency you
have selected for desktop...

"thx1138" <thx1138@insight.rr.com> schreef in bericht
> no luck with powerstrip thanks for the help but no go.
>
> thx1138 wrote:
>
> > I know this maybe a windows xp problem but I'm not sure. can't get
> > above 60hz
> > on opengl games . I never had a problem before. just reinstalled a
> > couple of opengl games and they didn't work right.tried different
> > drivers ,every tweak I'd ever heard of nothing works. any ideas would be
> > welcomed!

like I said I've tried a bunch of utilities that set the refresh rate and they
work for everything but the opengl stuff. however I'll clean out the video
drivers and reinstall them and also do a reinstall of dx9. stay tuned.

My understanding is that WinXP locks the refresh rate in OpenGl. You
might want to do some research on that before pulling your hair out
twiddling with settings.

Gil

On Sun, 16 May 2004 00:35:38 GMT, thx1138 <thx1138@insight.rr.com>
wrote:

>I know this maybe a windows xp problem but I'm not sure. can't get
>above 60hz
>on opengl games . I never had a problem before. just reinstalled a
>couple of opengl games and they didn't work right.tried different
>drivers ,every tweak I'd ever heard of nothing works. any ideas would be
>welcomed!

Reforce has *always* worked for me.

Can you select multiple monitors in Reforce menu?
Because windows installs your monitor again when upgrading drivers.
You will end up with several monitor listings in registry and if you select
the old one in reforce your games will run on the newer unmodified driver.

On Wed, 26 May 2004 16:58:30 +0200, "Flow" <flowing@zonnet.nl> wrote:

>Can you select multiple monitors in Reforce menu?
>Because windows installs your monitor again when upgrading drivers.
>You will end up with several monitor listings in registry and if you select
>the old one in reforce your games will run on the newer unmodified driver.

You get a drop-down box listing all your monitors. Usually they are
numbered from 1 to whatever. Select the one with the highest number.

Flow wrote:
> Because windows installs your monitor again when upgrading drivers.

Only if you have installed the "Plug'n'play monitor". I have the right
inf files for my Belinea 17", and I didn't have to change anything after
driver upgrades..

"Bora Ugurlu" <boraugurlu@yahoo.de> schreef in bericht
> Flow wrote:
> > Because windows installs your monitor again when upgrading drivers.
>
> Only if you have installed the "Plug'n'play monitor". I have the right
> inf files for my Belinea 17", and I didn't have to change anything after
> driver upgrades..

Sorry but i got philips 109P40 and it lists under that name and type number
in registry,easy to clean out btw,i just search for philips and find all the
lines i want out.
Same goes for most modern monitors i suppose...

"Flow" <flowing@zonnet.nl> schreef in bericht

> "Bora Ugurlu" <boraugurlu@yahoo.de> schreef in bericht
> > Flow wrote:
> > > Because windows installs your monitor again when upgrading drivers.
> >
> > Only if you have installed the "Plug'n'play monitor". I have the right
> > inf files for my Belinea 17", and I didn't have to change anything after
> > driver upgrades..
>
> Sorry but i got philips 109P40 and it lists under that name and type
number
> in registry,easy to clean out btw,i just search for philips and find all
the
> lines i want out.
> Same goes for most modern monitors i suppose...
>
> btw it happens if you upgrade drivers more then once.It was a common
problem in win98se and is not cured in xp pro either...

On Wed, 26 May 2004 20:03:01 +0200, Bora Ugurlu <boraugurlu@yahoo.de>
wrote:

>Flow wrote:
>> Because windows installs your monitor again when upgrading drivers.
>
>Only if you have installed the "Plug'n'play monitor". I have the right
>inf files for my Belinea 17", and I didn't have to change anything after
>driver upgrades..

Actually, upgrading a driver "in place" doesn't cause the problem....
it happens when you delete the old driver and install the new driver.

Had the exact same problem and fixed it by going into the tweaking app put in
the display settings by nvidia and went to the area marked display timing and
changed it from auto to gtf and the problem was solved.