FX 5950 Ultra/Athlon XP 3000 - Which PSU?

Hello

I'm about to upgrade my CPU to an Athlon XP 3000, and also purchase a nvidia
FX 5950 Ultra.
I have 512 mb of memory on board an Asus A7V333 motherboard.
What's the minimum spec Power Supply Unit that I need to succesfully run
this combo?

Thanks

John Hellingsworth

I have the same set up on a 250 Watt PS and it works fine.

"John Hellingsworth" <j.hellingsworth@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I'm about to upgrade my CPU to an Athlon XP 3000, and also purchase a
nvidia
> FX 5950 Ultra.
> I have 512 mb of memory on board an Asus A7V333 motherboard.
> What's the minimum spec Power Supply Unit that I need to succesfully run
> this combo?
>
> Thanks
>
> John Hellingsworth

Maniac

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

John Hellingsworth <j.hellingsworth@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I'm about to upgrade my CPU to an Athlon XP 3000, and also purchase a
> nvidia FX 5950 Ultra.
> I have 512 mb of memory on board an Asus A7V333 motherboard.
> What's the minimum spec Power Supply Unit that I need to succesfully
> run this combo?

350W True Power :)
I suggest to buy something better than 400W i.e.: Antec, ThermalTake,
Sirtec, Chieftec, Enermax...

--
maniac(at)chello.pl

Antec 550W PSU, Truepower.

"John Hellingsworth" <j.hellingsworth@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I'm about to upgrade my CPU to an Athlon XP 3000, and also purchase a
nvidia
> FX 5950 Ultra.
> I have 512 mb of memory on board an Asus A7V333 motherboard.
> What's the minimum spec Power Supply Unit that I need to succesfully run
> this combo?
>
> Thanks
>
> John Hellingsworth

NaDa

"John Hellingsworth" <j.hellingsworth@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm about to upgrade my CPU to an Athlon XP 3000, and also purchase a nvidia
> FX 5950 Ultra.
> I have 512 mb of memory on board an Asus A7V333 motherboard.
> What's the minimum spec Power Supply Unit that I need to succesfully run
> this combo?
>
> Thanks
>
> John Hellingsworth

A good Antec True Power 350W should be more than enough, but for the
future it's always good to get a bit more breathing space. I'd
recommend a Fortron 400W-460W for an Athlon system, which sometimes
offer more than their specs actually state in the tags. Enermax 400W
for Pentium 4 systems and lots of hard drives.