tv out - need to swap monitor / tv output in XP

Hello everybody,

My TV is downstairs. My computer is upstairs. I have connected an
S-VIDEO to RCA connector from the GeForce FX5200 to the TV. BUT now
after some adjustments the monitor shows only the XP taskbar and the
TV shows the desktop and mouse pointer. Any program that runs only
displays on the TV. So here I am with a friend saying "up up
across...." and I watch the mouse move downstairs while he moves it
upstairs! Its really laughable. Anyway we reach the Settings screen
and there are 2 choices - its set to "2" for the TV. We choose "1"
(the computer monitor) say OK but then it just returns to the desktop.

How do I reset the driver to have the TV initially disabled and get
control back to the monitor? Is there an command line or regedit
option?

TIA

LB
1 answer Last reply
More about swap monitor output

    You need to use clone mode rather than spanning - I think it is in the Nview
    control panel, deselect the 'allow destop to span monitors' option.
    "Leonard Matherson" <leonardmatherson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hello everybody,
    >
    > My TV is downstairs. My computer is upstairs. I have connected an
    > S-VIDEO to RCA connector from the GeForce FX5200 to the TV. BUT now
    > after some adjustments the monitor shows only the XP taskbar and the
    > TV shows the desktop and mouse pointer. Any program that runs only
    > displays on the TV. So here I am with a friend saying "up up
    > across...." and I watch the mouse move downstairs while he moves it
    > upstairs! Its really laughable. Anyway we reach the Settings screen
    > and there are 2 choices - its set to "2" for the TV. We choose "1"
    > (the computer monitor) say OK but then it just returns to the desktop.
    >
    > How do I reset the driver to have the TV initially disabled and get
    > control back to the monitor? Is there an command line or regedit
    > option?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > LB

Nvidia TV Monitors Windows XP Graphics