vulcan demo ok on fx5200 (no nv40 emulation needed ?)

Wow,

I just played the vulcan demo on my PIII 450 mhz lol and a FX5200.

The website site a fx5950 was needed to play it... but that's not a minimum
system requirement to play it... that just means you need that to play it
smooth...

On my system and video card and plays with exactly the same quality (no
noticeable difference) but just slower fps...

Like an estimated 3 to 5 fps.

First I set nv40 emulation on... but it's not even needed ?! I set it to max
acceleration and it even played more beautifull I think ?! weird or maybe
the same... still weird.

What is emulated ???

Or is nv10, nv20, nv30, nv40 emulation only needed on non fx cards ?

Maybe these major version numbers indicate special effects/rendering quality
?

Bye,
Skybuck.

NaDa

"Skybuck Flying" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Wow,
>
> I just played the vulcan demo on my PIII 450 mhz lol and a FX5200.
>
> The website site a fx5950 was needed to play it... but that's not a minimum
> system requirement to play it... that just means you need that to play it
> smooth...
>
> On my system and video card and plays with exactly the same quality (no
> noticeable difference) but just slower fps...
>
> Like an estimated 3 to 5 fps.

Good grief. How's Far Cry with 3fps?

"Skybuck Flying" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<c899s0$5ov$1@news2.tilbu1.nb.home.nl>...
> Wow,
>
> I just played the vulcan demo on my PIII 450 mhz lol and a FX5200.
>
> The website site a fx5950 was needed to play it... but that's not a minimum
> system requirement to play it... that just means you need that to play it
> smooth...
>
> On my system and video card and plays with exactly the same quality (no
> noticeable difference) but just slower fps...
>
> Like an estimated 3 to 5 fps.
>
> First I set nv40 emulation on... but it's not even needed ?! I set it to max
> acceleration and it even played more beautifull I think ?! weird or maybe
> the same... still weird.
>
> What is emulated ???
>
> Or is nv10, nv20, nv30, nv40 emulation only needed on non fx cards ?
>
> Maybe these major version numbers indicate special effects/rendering quality
> ?
>
> Bye,
> Skybuck.

Do you even UNDERSTAND what a modern graphic card is and what
influences account to a gaming system?