Alienware MB runs 2 Vid cards

"empireAA" <nobody@NOSPAMSPAMSUX.com> wrote in message
news:0TFqc.38181$2f6.1488693@twister.tampabay.rr.com...

> "bluestringer" <srvrules@strato.com> wrote in message
> > http://www.3dnewz.com/forumz/showthread.php?threadid=84959
> >

> > bluestringer
> >

> If it's true it would be quite impressive to run say a 6800 and a X800 in
> "SLI" mode like in the old Vodoo days.

I wonder if the rendered graphics will look strange because half of it is
rendered on 6800 and the other on X800

May be they have to be "Matched pairs"? Like in Dual channel DDR?

"FSAA" <fsaa@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "empireAA" <nobody@NOSPAMSPAMSUX.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "bluestringer" <srvrules@strato.com> wrote in message
> > > http://www.3dnewz.com/forumz/showthread.php?threadid=84959
> > >

> > > bluestringer
> > >

> > If it's true it would be quite impressive to run say a 6800 and a X800
in
> > "SLI" mode like in the old Vodoo days.
> >

> I wonder if the rendered graphics will look strange because half of it is
> rendered on 6800 and the other on X800
>
> May be they have to be "Matched pairs"? Like in Dual channel DDR?

I don't think it would necessarily look funny. Think about it, now that ATI
has the speed and Nvidia has the extra feature capabilities(it was the
otherway around before Nvidia got a hold off 3DFX's tech) they would
compliment each other very nicely I would think. You would have an almost
perfect gfx card with the 2 working together. "Can't we all just get along?"

roy

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003

I wonder how well it would work to put in two Matrox Perihelia cards in one
motherboard so you could have 6 monitors hooked up at once. Cool for
surround gaming (flight sims and 3d role playing)

the Perihelia is an AGP card. this board will have 2 PCI-Express video
slots. Dont know that the AGP cards will work in those, nor do I know if
there will be a PCI-Express verion of the Matrox Card.

I have thought for a long time that I would love a Dual AGP slot'd board.

NuTs

"Roy" <a@a.net> wrote in message
> I wonder how well it would work to put in two Matrox Perihelia cards in
one
> motherboard so you could have 6 monitors hooked up at once. Cool for
> surround gaming (flight sims and 3d role playing)

TRENDING THREADS