Counting anytime minutes

My night time minutes starts at 9:00pm. If a call starts at
8:59pm and lasts 10 minutes, would that be 10 anytime minutes, or
1 anytime minute and 9 nighttime minutes?

> My night time minutes starts at 9:00pm. If a call starts at
> 8:59pm and lasts 10 minutes, would that be 10 anytime minutes, or
> 1 anytime minute and 9 nighttime minutes?

In my experience, that is 10 anytime minutes.

--
**
Sharon

"lemonade" <lemonade@iceshop.com> wrote in message
| My night time minutes starts at 9:00pm. If a call starts at
| 8:59pm and lasts 10 minutes, would that be 10 anytime minutes, or
| 1 anytime minute and 9 nighttime minutes?

The rate is constant through the call for the tie at which the call was
placed. So, in your example, it is 10 anytime minutes. Conversely, if you
place a call at 6:59a.m. and it lasts 10 minutes, that is all taken from
nighttime minutes.

In article <cuqd90td3mq6l35tqnvosu31l9usc8833q@4ax.com>,
lemonade <lemonade@iceshop.com> wrote:

> My night time minutes starts at 9:00pm. If a call starts at
> 8:59pm and lasts 10 minutes, would that be 10 anytime minutes, or
> 1 anytime minute and 9 nighttime minutes?

At one time, that call would all be counted as anytime minutes.

I don't know where things stand today. I presume the worst, and don't
make calls if it's getting toward 9:00. I wait until 9:05, just to be
safe, if I'm going to make a call that late.

"lemonade" <lemonade@iceshop.com> wrote in message
> My night time minutes starts at 9:00pm. If a call starts at
> 8:59pm and lasts 10 minutes, would that be 10 anytime minutes, or
> 1 anytime minute and 9 nighttime minutes?

I have seen calls that started before 9pm cut into two
different lines in the "my minutes" section of
Mycingular.com some DT some NW minutes, so
I think they do split the call. In my experience.

If you are currently a cingular customer,
it would be easier to check Mycingular.com
than to wait for shaky information and guesses
on the newsgroup, ya think?

Bernard

>My night time minutes starts at 9:00pm. If a call starts at
>8:59pm and lasts 10 minutes, would that be 10 anytime minutes, or
>1 anytime minute and 9 nighttime minutes?

The entire call is "billed" at the start time.

So, it all comes from your anytime minutes. However, if you make a call at
6:59am and talk for an hour, there are no minutes that come off.

--
John S.

In article <P3Elc.148265$L31.34068@nwrddc01.gnilink.net>,
"Bernard Farquart" <bfarquart@notmyemail.net> wrote:

> "lemonade" <lemonade@iceshop.com> wrote in message
> > My night time minutes starts at 9:00pm. If a call starts at
> > 8:59pm and lasts 10 minutes, would that be 10 anytime minutes, or
> > 1 anytime minute and 9 nighttime minutes?
>
> I have seen calls that started before 9pm cut into two
> different lines in the "my minutes" section of
> Mycingular.com some DT some NW minutes, so
> I think they do split the call. In my experience.

SprintPCS counts the whole call based on when it starts.

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

(Robert M.) wrote:
<<SprintPCS counts the whole call based on when it starts. >>

So does Verizon and AT&T. I am pretty sure T-Mobile does so as well.

"Robert M." <rmm@msn.com> wrote in message
| In article <P3Elc.148265$L31.34068@nwrddc01.gnilink.net>,
| "Bernard Farquart" <bfarquart@notmyemail.net> wrote:
|

| > "lemonade" <lemonade@iceshop.com> wrote in message
| > > My night time minutes starts at 9:00pm. If a call starts at
| > > 8:59pm and lasts 10 minutes, would that be 10 anytime minutes, or
| > > 1 anytime minute and 9 nighttime minutes?
| >
| > I have seen calls that started before 9pm cut into two
| > different lines in the "my minutes" section of
| > Mycingular.com some DT some NW minutes, so
| > I think they do split the call. In my experience.
|
| SprintPCS counts the whole call based on when it starts.

That is also Cingular's "policy", but the practice may be different.

Joseph

Distinguished
May 19, 2002

On Tue, 4 May 2004 07:36:54 -0500, caperenewal@webtv.net (Eric) wrote:

>(Robert M.) wrote:
><<SprintPCS counts the whole call based on when it starts. >>
>
>So does Verizon and AT&T. I am pretty sure T-Mobile does so as well.

All North American operators use send-to-end billing. At one time
Fido used exact billing and didn't bill til the line answered. They
stopped that about two years ago.

remove NONO from .NONOcom to reply

In article <YrMlc.67906$oN1.3442@bignews5.bellsouth.net>,
"Jason Cothran" <reply@board.nomail> wrote:

> | SprintPCS counts the whole call based on when it starts.
>
> That is also Cingular's "policy", but the practice may be different.

Isn't this all computer controlled? How could the practice be variable?

"Robert M." <robert167@mail.com> wrote in message
| In article <YrMlc.67906$oN1.3442@bignews5.bellsouth.net>,
| "Jason Cothran" <reply@board.nomail> wrote:

| > |
| > | SprintPCS counts the whole call based on when it starts.
| >
| > That is also Cingular's "policy", but the practice may be different.
|
| Isn't this all computer controlled? How could the practice be variable?

Could be different scripts in different regions. I do know here in my region
it is done like mentioned earlier. Minutes are all pulled from the bucket
from which they began

>So does Verizon and AT&T. I am pretty sure T-Mobile does so as well.

All the carriers that I have service with do. That includes Sprint PCS, AT&T
WS, Cingular, and T-Mobile.

--
John S.