whats the hold up on the 6800 cards

this is bad having anounced this card almost a month ago and you cant even
pre order it anywere tells me nvidia has trouble once again.
And I really wanted to try one

--
killin@u.com

FatDaddy wrote:
> this is bad having anounced this card almost a month ago and you
> cant even pre order it anywere tells me nvidia has trouble once again.
> And I really wanted to try one

nVidia said they would release the product 45 days after the April 14th
announce date. That would put it at May 29.

TMC

thats in 10 days I would think you could preorder one ??????
don't u?

FatDaddy wrote:
> thats in 10 days I would think you could preorder one ??????
> don't u?

I would guess retailers want to get rid of their existing stock of cards
like the 5950 Ultra before they replace it with something that's the same
price but quite a bit faster. If they start selling 6800s now, they'll be
selling their 5950s at wholesale. Another 7 to 10 days, I would say.

TMC

"FatDaddy" <KillinU@worm.com> wrote in message
> this is bad having anounced this card almost a month ago and you cant
even
> pre order it anywere tells me nvidia has trouble once again.
> And I really wanted to try one
>
> --
> killin@u.com

Perhaps they'll scrap the card and move to the 7800 Ultra,

:)

"FatDaddy" <KillinU@worm.com> wrote in message news:<8cSdna_8zN3NazbdRVn-hg@comcast.com>...
> this is bad having anounced this card almost a month ago and you cant even
> pre order it anywere tells me nvidia has trouble once again.
> And I really wanted to try one

Paper Launch!

When the NV3X was "launched" it took a few months before it showed
it's inefficient head in the shops!

Lets take a look at ati...

.... you can pre-order or...basicly already just order the X800 ...
just one month after the Paper Launch.

Why?

Well, nvidia played tam tam.... kept playing up the market and kept
sweeping up people to wait for their card.

Ati... just as with the R300 .... just kept silent..

So both compagnies just have a slightly different way doing things!

On Wed, 19 May 2004 20:05:48 -0400, "FatDaddy" <KillinU@worm.com>
wrote:

>this is bad having anounced this card almost a month ago and you cant even
>pre order it anywere tells me nvidia has trouble once again.
>And I really wanted to try one

hmmmm...

Lets place a bet on who comes out first...

6800Ultra or X800Pro..... ;)

I don't really care.

- - - - -
Remember: In the USA - it is dangeroud to draw or write about Heir Bush in a negative way. The police or SS are called, people threaten to kill you. (What country is this again?)

- 15yr old boy in Washington was disciplined for drawing such images.
- White House blows cover of an undercover agent because her husband said there were no WMD (before the USA started the war) - her job was finding terrorist. (This makes sense?)
God bless the land of the free. Where you can burn the Constitution... Ashcroft does it every day.

> 6800Ultra or X800Pro..... ;)
>
> I don't really care.

Umm... You can already buy the X800 Pro. Though they are extremely limited
you can find them.

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

> Paper Launch!
>
> When the NV3X was "launched" it took a few months before it showed
> it's inefficient head in the shops!
>
> Lets take a look at ati...
>
> ... you can pre-order or...basicly already just order the X800 ...
> just one month after the Paper Launch.
>
> Why?
>
> Well, nvidia played tam tam.... kept playing up the market and kept
> sweeping up people to wait for their card.
>
> Ati... just as with the R300 .... just kept silent..
>
> So both compagnies just have a slightly different way doing things!

As they said:

Empty bin make the most noise :)

FatDaddy wrote:

> the x800 pro is out and in customers hands

Not really, the only way to get one is to pay
more than MSRP. That doesn't count as
available.

Jeff B

jeff b wrote:
> FatDaddy wrote:
>
>> the x800 pro is out and in customers hands
>>

> Not really, the only way to get one is to pay
> more than MSRP. That doesn't count as
> available.

Yeah, I think it does. :)

Too_Much_Coffee ® wrote:
> jeff b wrote:
>> FatDaddy wrote:
>>
>>> the x800 pro is out and in customers hands
>>>

>> Not really, the only way to get one is to pay
>> more than MSRP. That doesn't count as
>> available.
>
> Yeah, I think it does. :)

Several online retailers are selling the X800 Pro for $399 and several are
selling it for less; how does $358.70 sound? You really ought to get out
more. :)

Too_Much_Coffee ® wrote:

> FatDaddy wrote:
>
>>thats in 10 days I would think you could preorder one ??????
>>don't u?
>

> I would guess retailers want to get rid of their existing stock of cards
> like the 5950 Ultra before they replace it with something that's the same
> price but quite a bit faster. If they start selling 6800s now, they'll be
> selling their 5950s at wholesale.

The non-availability of the 6800s has nothing to do
with 5950u, or any other cards.

They (6800/6800gt) aren't available cause the retailers don't have any.
If they did, then they would simply inflate the 6800 price
to something higher than their 5950 to make both sellable.

The retailers don't have any 6800 to sell, easy as that.

Jeff B

jeff b wrote:
> Too_Much_Coffee ® wrote:
>
>> FatDaddy wrote:
>>
>>> thats in 10 days I would think you could preorder one ??????
>>> don't u?
>>

>> I would guess retailers want to get rid of their existing stock of
>> cards like the 5950 Ultra before they replace it with something
>> that's the same price but quite a bit faster. If they start selling
>> 6800s now, they'll be selling their 5950s at wholesale.
>
> The non-availability of the 6800s has nothing to do
> with 5950u, or any other cards.

Something tells me you've never been in the retail business. LOL

> They (6800/6800gt) aren't available cause the retailers don't have
> any. If they did, then they would simply inflate the 6800 price
> to something higher than their 5950 to make both sellable.
>
> The retailers don't have any 6800 to sell, easy as that.

And either do most of the retailers that are selling the X800. They can
pre-sell ATI X800 cards because all models are selling well.

We're talking about pre-ordering here. Pay attention there's going to be an
exam after class.

> Jeff B

> When the NV3X was "launched" it took a few months before it showed
> it's inefficient head in the shops!
>
> Lets take a look at ati...
>
> ... you can pre-order or...basicly already just order the X800 ...
> just one month after the Paper Launch.

There are no x800 available at or below MSRP.

> Why?
>
> Well, nvidia played tam tam.... kept playing up the market and kept
> sweeping up people to wait for their card.
>
> Ati... just as with the R300 .... just kept silent..
>
> So both compagnies just have a slightly different way doing things!

The only difference is ATI has products
to sell, nvidia has not. ATI beat nvidia to market.

Jeff B

On Thu, 20 May 2004 00:41:46 -0700, "Too_Much_Coffee ®"
<looking@the.grrrls> wrote:

>FatDaddy wrote:
>> thats in 10 days I would think you could preorder one ??????
>> don't u?
>
>I would guess retailers want to get rid of their existing stock of cards
>like the 5950 Ultra before they replace it with something that's the same
>price but quite a bit faster. If they start selling 6800s now, they'll be
>selling their 5950s at wholesale. Another 7 to 10 days, I would say.

They would sell their 5950s BELOW wholesale...

Hey... watch Pricewatch for the next 6 months... YOu'll see retailers
still trying to dump the 5950s for $300+ long after the X800/6800s are
out.

Hehe... even when the Ti4200 was selling for $180, there were venders
offering the GF2-Ultras and GF3-500s for $250~300! (both of those
cards were $500).

- - - - -
Remember: In the USA - it is dangeroud to draw or write about Heir Bush in a negative way. The police or SS are called, people threaten to kill you. (What country is this again?)

- 15yr old boy in Washington was disciplined for drawing such images.
- White House blows cover of an undercover agent because her husband said there were no WMD (before the USA started the war) - her job was finding terrorist. (This makes sense?)
God bless the land of the free. Where you can burn the Constitution... Ashcroft does it every day.

>>The non-availability of the 6800s has nothing to do
>>with 5950u, or any other cards.
>

> Something tells me you've never been in the retail business. LOL

And I see you aren't disagreeing with my statement.

>>They (6800/6800gt) aren't available cause the retailers don't have
>>any. If they did, then they would simply inflate the 6800 price
>>to something higher than their 5950 to make both sellable.
>>
>>The retailers don't have any 6800 to sell, easy as that.
>

> And either do most of the retailers that are selling the X800.

This thread is about the 6800, try to keep up.
And the x800 IS availble, dummy.

> We're talking about pre-ordering here. Pay attention there's going

No, we're talking about availability, which has nothing to do
with 'pre-ordering'. Next time, try reading what's IN the thread
before making a fool of yourself.

Jeff B

> Several online retailers are selling the X800 Pro for $399 and several are
> selling it for less; how does $358.70 sound? You really ought to get out
> more. :)

Wrong again, brainiac. The cheapest is going for $425.86.

Jeff B

jeff b wrote:

>> Several online retailers are selling the X800 Pro for $399 and several
>> are selling it for less; how does $358.70 sound? You really ought to get
>> out more. :)
>>

> Wrong again, brainiac. The cheapest is going for $425.86.

So you've performed a comprehensive search of _all_ online retailers (not
just the ones listed at pricewatch and froogle and the like) and determined
that that is the lowest price?

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

> So you've performed a comprehensive search of _all_ online retailers (not
> just the ones listed at pricewatch and froogle and the like) and determined
> that that is the lowest price?

yes, and anyone can do the same.

Jeff B

jeff b wrote:

>> So you've performed a comprehensive search of _all_ online retailers (not
>> just the ones listed at pricewatch and froogle and the like) and
>> determined that that is the lowest price?
>
> yes, and anyone can do the same.

Nope, you just _think_ you can do the same because you haven't found out
that whatever search engine you're using is no more comprehensive than
Froogle or Pricewatch.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

> Nope, you just _think_ you can

Wrong, my original post is accurate.

Jeff B

jeff b wrote:

>> Nope, you just _think_ you can
>
> Wrong, my original post is accurate.

Then prove that your price is the lower bound.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

> Then prove that your price is the lower bound.

www.allstarshop.com
If I'm wrong, go ahead and post a lower one.

Jeff B