Sonicwall, MS Exchange and you

I recently had to reset my Sonicwall Firewall and now I can't retrieve
e-mails using Exchange Server in Outlook. If I install the Internet
e-mail service in Outlook I can send & recieve e-mails no problem, but
Exchange doesn't work. Does anyone know if there's a setting in the
firewall I may have forgotten to set?
-- I have the POP3 and SMTP rules set and they seem to work just fine,.
TIA

Servo @ work
"Giggity, Giggity!"
Proud member of PETA-People Eating Tasty Animals
tservo100 at
ameritech dot net
Slow, fiery death to all spammers!!!
1 answer Last reply
More about sonicwall exchange

    Servo wrote:
    > I recently had to reset my Sonicwall Firewall and now I can't retrieve
    > e-mails using Exchange Server in Outlook. If I install the Internet
    > e-mail service in Outlook I can send & recieve e-mails no problem, but
    > Exchange doesn't work. Does anyone know if there's a setting in the
    > firewall I may have forgotten to set?
    > -- I have the POP3 and SMTP rules set and they seem to work just fine,.
    > TIA
    >
    > Servo @ work
    > "Giggity, Giggity!"
    > Proud member of PETA-People Eating Tasty Animals
    > tservo100 at
    > ameritech dot net
    > Slow, fiery death to all spammers!!!

    You do NOT want to do that. You should not be accessing outlook natively
    over the net. I am pretty sure it needs port 445. NOT a good thing to
    open up, especially this week!

    --
    ---
    I am a Sock Puppet - a spews parrot and a member of the spews lunatics

Firewalls Exchange Networking