Sonicwall, MS Exchange and you

Last response: in Networking
Share
August 17, 2005 11:09:22 PM

I recently had to reset my Sonicwall Firewall and now I can't retrieve
e-mails using Exchange Server in Outlook. If I install the Internet
e-mail service in Outlook I can send & recieve e-mails no problem, but
Exchange doesn't work. Does anyone know if there's a setting in the
firewall I may have forgotten to set?
-- I have the POP3 and SMTP rules set and they seem to work just fine,.
TIA

Servo @ work
"Giggity, Giggity!"
Proud member of PETA-People Eating Tasty Animals
tservo100 at
ameritech dot net
Slow, fiery death to all spammers!!!

More about : sonicwall exchange

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 11:09:23 PM

Servo wrote:
> I recently had to reset my Sonicwall Firewall and now I can't retrieve
> e-mails using Exchange Server in Outlook. If I install the Internet
> e-mail service in Outlook I can send & recieve e-mails no problem, but
> Exchange doesn't work. Does anyone know if there's a setting in the
> firewall I may have forgotten to set?
> -- I have the POP3 and SMTP rules set and they seem to work just fine,.
> TIA
>
> Servo @ work
> "Giggity, Giggity!"
> Proud member of PETA-People Eating Tasty Animals
> tservo100 at
> ameritech dot net
> Slow, fiery death to all spammers!!!

You do NOT want to do that. You should not be accessing outlook natively
over the net. I am pretty sure it needs port 445. NOT a good thing to
open up, especially this week!

--
---
I am a Sock Puppet - a spews parrot and a member of the spews lunatics