nvidia 6800 ultra

is the nvidia 6800 ultra out yet if not when is it out and how much will it
cost

Mark Hall wrote:
> is the nvidia 6800 ultra out yet if not when is it out and how much
> will it cost

1 to 2 weeks; $499.99 but will be discounted by many online retailers.
Mid-June for the GT and Extreme.

An overclocked 6800 GT is almost as fast but only $399. The Ultra can be OCd
but not by as much as the GT so the GT ends up very close to the Ultra in
benchmarks even when the Ultra is overclocked.

-----------------GPU Speed/Memory Speed------------------

Ultra Extreme--------450/1100 DDR ($549.00 ?)
Ultra Extreme OCd--475/1250 - Compare this...

Standard Ultra------400/1100 ($499)

6800 GT--------------350/1000 ($399)
6800 GT OCd---------425/1200 - to this

Overclock the GT to a standard Ultra without breaking a sweat, for $100
less. All have 16 pipes.

Too_Much_Coffee ®

---
Got GigaNews?
http://www.giganews.com/customer/gn26215

In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Mark Hall ordered an army of
hamsters to type:

> is the nvidia 6800 ultra out yet if not when is it out and how much
> will it cost

no, and lots

patience, wait til they come out.
there will be ones from different card manufacturers, and they will all
differ in price by a bit, so some will be cheaper than others.

thanks

On Thu, 20 May 2004 15:25:39 GMT, "rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net>
wrote:

>Well into June or even July are the rumours.

Hardly the case. I got one in my brand new Voodoo system :)

I thought the 6800 WAS 12 pipelines and the ultras were the only ones with
16 pipes.