Graphics Problems/Artifacts

Gaffer

Hello,

I originally had a Geforece Ti4200 8X, but I started getting a lot of
graphics problems with certain games (high spec ones) so I decided to buy a
new card and got a Geforce FX5700. It's now much better but I still very
have the problems (although no where near as bad) with certain game and want
to know what is causing this. Could it be my screen refresh rate, damaged
AGP slot or something else. It's driving me crazy. Could someone give me
advice and ask me some settings to check that might help me on this?

Thanks

_____
Gaffer

Check bios and setup Agp aperture to 256mb .Make sure its not set too low
like 32 mb . It that dont help it could be the power supply to the card .
Theres other stuff it can be too but those are too possiblities u can try.
"Gaffer" <gafferNoSpam@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I originally had a Geforece Ti4200 8X, but I started getting a lot of
> graphics problems with certain games (high spec ones) so I decided to buy
> new card and got a Geforce FX5700. It's now much better but I still very
> have the problems (although no where near as bad) with certain game and
want
> to know what is causing this. Could it be my screen refresh rate, damaged
> AGP slot or something else. It's driving me crazy. Could someone give me
> advice and ask me some settings to check that might help me on this?
>
> Thanks
>
> _____
> Gaffer

It maybe to do with the agp 8 x . Check that bios has enabled 8 x agp.
"Gaffer" <gafferNoSpam@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I originally had a Geforece Ti4200 8X, but I started getting a lot of
> graphics problems with certain games (high spec ones) so I decided to buy
> new card and got a Geforce FX5700. It's now much better but I still very
> have the problems (although no where near as bad) with certain game and
want
> to know what is causing this. Could it be my screen refresh rate, damaged
> AGP slot or something else. It's driving me crazy. Could someone give me
> advice and ask me some settings to check that might help me on this?
>
> Thanks
>
> _____
> Gaffer

Gaffer

Ok, I'll check all that. Just keep firing more suggestions away and I'll
check them all :)

Thanks,

_____
Gaffer

"wired and confused" <johnsongerry@comcast.net> wrote in message
> It maybe to do with the agp 8 x . Check that bios has enabled 8 x agp.
> "Gaffer" <gafferNoSpam@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I originally had a Geforece Ti4200 8X, but I started getting a lot of
> > graphics problems with certain games (high spec ones) so I decided to
buy
> > new card and got a Geforce FX5700. It's now much better but I still very
> > have the problems (although no where near as bad) with certain game and
> want
> > to know what is causing this. Could it be my screen refresh rate,
damaged
> > AGP slot or something else. It's driving me crazy. Could someone give me
> > advice and ask me some settings to check that might help me on this?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > _____
> > Gaffer

Have you thought to check on the Temp of your mainboard? Maybe your
northbridge is too hot, could also be your cpu getting too hot.

Gaffer

"live and let live" <vodkadrinkers@t-online.de> wrote in message
> Have you thought to check on the Temp of your mainboard? Maybe your
> northbridge is too hot, could also be your cpu getting too hot.

I only seem to get the texture problems when I'm playing a game that has big
spacious areas, if you know what I mean. If I am playing something like Vice
City or Manhunt then I will get the problems more because they are in
wide-open areas and my card can't cope with the draw-distance, even though
it should be well capable of doing so. It's almost as if the card isn't
being used to it's full potential.

_____
Gaffer