Zone Alarm ver 6 startup problem

I uninstalled ZA vers. 5 something via add/remove programs. I downloaded
and installed ZA 6.0.631.003. All went well except that I can't get it to
run at startup, despite having that option checked in Preferences. There
is an item in my startup list (seen by running MS Config) that is checked to
start "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe" but that doesn't
get things going. Otherwise program seems to run fine if I start it
manually by running the program in the listed in the startup after getting
the computer going.

System is Windows XP SP1.

Thanks,
Chet

"CGB" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message
> I uninstalled ZA vers. 5 something via add/remove programs. I
downloaded
> and installed ZA 6.0.631.003. All went well except that I can't get
it to
> run at startup, despite having that option checked in Preferences.
There
> is an item in my startup list (seen by running MS Config) that is
checked to
> start "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe" but that
doesn't
> get things going. Otherwise program seems to run fine if I start it
> manually by running the program in the listed in the startup after
getting
> the computer going.
>
> System is Windows XP SP1.
>
> Thanks,
> Chet

Did you remember to uncheck "Load ZoneAlarmPro at Startup" before you
uninstalled it? Could be your Msconfig entry is left from the old
install if you didn't. Check it out at the Forums from the link
inside the Help information. If the new update has issues, you can
learn about them there also. Good luck.
charlie R

"CGB" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message
> I uninstalled ZA vers. 5 something via add/remove programs. I
downloaded
> and installed ZA 6.0.631.003. All went well except that I can't get
it to
> run at startup, despite having that option checked in Preferences.
There
> is an item in my startup list (seen by running MS Config) that is
checked to
> start "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe" but that
doesn't
> get things going. Otherwise program seems to run fine if I start it
> manually by running the program in the listed in the startup after
getting
> the computer going.
>
> System is Windows XP SP1.
>
> Thanks,
> Chet

Did you remember to uncheck "Load ZoneAlarmPro at Startup" before you
uninstalled it? Could be your Msconfig entry is left from the old
install if you didn't. Check it out at the Forums from the link
inside the Help information. If the new update has issues, you can
learn about them there also. Good luck.
charlie R

Charlie R,
Thanks for the reply. I'm pretty sure I had unchecked the item you
mentioned. I have gotten the problem resolved by a lot of researcing and
experimenting. I run Spybot Search and Destroy. If the immunization
portion of that program is on, ZA doesn't load right. I unimmunized, reset
ZA, and it works fine. I then reimmunized Spybot and all is still well.

Thanks.

Chet

">