Help again with PNY return of card GI 4200

Awhile back someone provided me with a telephone number to reach PNY
return when my G 4200 broke down.

I'm not certain how long the replacement warranty is good for (90 days
I'd bet) but the damn thing has a problem again,as the heatsink fan is
failing. Runs, stops, squeals, goes CLUNK, then starts spinning again.

I don't feel like trying the merry-go-round of PNY telephone tag.
Anyone have "Ron's" number? or one to get through?

THANKS!

Roscoe aka MrShade

"Roscoe Pendoscoe" <MrShade@Dont_Send_I_Wont_See_it.com> wrote in message
> Awhile back someone provided me with a telephone number to reach PNY
> return when my G 4200 broke down.
>
> I'm not certain how long the replacement warranty is good for (90 days
> I'd bet) but the damn thing has a problem again,as the heatsink fan is
> failing. Runs, stops, squeals, goes CLUNK, then starts spinning again.
>
> I don't feel like trying the merry-go-round of PNY telephone tag.
> Anyone have "Ron's" number? or one to get through?
>
> THANKS!
>
> Roscoe aka MrShade

OK, heatsinks dont fail as they have no moving parts.. Fans do, and are
easily replaceable by the consumer(that would be you)

www.nexfan.com

Check here for affordable replacement fan options. I dont' think most
warranties cover replaement fans on aging video card.

Just go to Comp-USA and spend your damned $5 on a fan and put the
thing on the card. Hardly worth the aggravation of a return, in my
humble opinion. Besides, who wants to be swapping out video cards if
they don't absolutely have to?

Cmon, roll up your sleeves and fix your problem yourself. You might
just learn something!

On 26 May 2004 07:02:55 -0700, gilbert.j.violette@worldnet.att.net
(Gil Violette) wrote:

>Just go to Comp-USA and spend your damned $5 on a fan and put the
>thing on the card. Hardly worth the aggravation of a return, in my
>humble opinion. Besides, who wants to be swapping out video cards if
>they don't absolutely have to?
>
>Cmon, roll up your sleeves and fix your problem yourself. You might
>just learn something!

OK, OK, 2 to 1 in favor I fix this hunk of junk myself.

I still say it should not have failed in that short of period.

No more PNY products, even for free.

On Wed, 26 May 2004 15:56:17 -0500, Roscoe Pendoscoe
<MrShade@Dont_Send_I_Wont_See_it.com> wrote:

>On 26 May 2004 07:02:55 -0700, gilbert.j.violette@worldnet.att.net
>(Gil Violette) wrote:
>
>>Just go to Comp-USA and spend your damned $5 on a fan and put the
>>thing on the card. Hardly worth the aggravation of a return, in my
>>humble opinion. Besides, who wants to be swapping out video cards if
>>they don't absolutely have to?
>>
>>Cmon, roll up your sleeves and fix your problem yourself. You might
>>just learn something!
>
>OK, OK, 2 to 1 in favor I fix this hunk of junk myself.
>
>I still say it should not have failed in that short of period.
>
>No more PNY products, even for free.

Yep... you could spend the time and effort and shipping costs of about
$8 to send your card off, wait 2-8 weeks to get it back... get lost in
shipment, etc...

A $5~10 Fan replacement is easy to get. Just pop the pins and the HSF
comes off.

- - - - -
Remember: In the USA - it is dangeroud to draw or write about Heir Bush in a negative way. The police or SS are called, people threaten to kill you. (What country is this again?)

- 15yr old boy in Washington was disciplined for drawing such images.
- White House blows cover of an undercover agent because her husband said there were no WMD (before the USA started the war) - her job was finding terrorist. (This makes sense?)
God bless the land of the free. Where you can burn the Constitution... Ashcroft does it every day.