Comparing GeForce 5950 Ultra with ATI Radeon 9800 XT

Could anyone tell me why ATI Radeon 9800 XT R360 is better than GeForce FX
5950 Ultra?

Thank You Very Much In Advance
2 answers Last reply
More about comparing geforce 5950 ultra radeon 9800

    "Simon Dexter" <SimonDex@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<wH7tc.12447$be.11484@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>...
    > Could anyone tell me why ATI Radeon 9800 XT R360 is better than GeForce FX
    > 5950 Ultra?
    >
    > Thank You Very Much In Advance

    Why? Better?

    Well depends... in Pixelshader actions the R3x0 series of ati are
    faster due to.. some hardware based choices of nvidia. In OpenGL
    though nvidia wins....

    There is no better here...you talk about two different GPU's ... with
    very different workings...

    And in directx games the 9800XT is generally known to be faster
    The poor FX series also has the problem that in many games it uses
    it's own codepath wich is not fully PS2.0 but PS1.1 due to that the FX
    series is very slow with PS2.0

    Yup sad..but...well nvidia just made a marketing mistake! They thought
    4x2 would be good enough...then ati came on the market with..a pure
    8x1 solution!

    On 27 May 2004 02:18:32 -0700, superxml@yahoo.com (Dark Avenger)
    wrote:

    >"Simon Dexter" <SimonDex@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<wH7tc.12447$be.11484@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>...
    >> Could anyone tell me why ATI Radeon 9800 XT R360 is better than GeForce FX
    >> 5950 Ultra?
    >>
    >> Thank You Very Much In Advance
    >
    >Why? Better?
    >
    >Well depends... in Pixelshader actions the R3x0 series of ati are
    >faster due to.. some hardware based choices of nvidia. In OpenGL
    >though nvidia wins....
    >
    >There is no better here...you talk about two different GPU's ... with
    >very different workings...
    >
    >And in directx games the 9800XT is generally known to be faster
    >The poor FX series also has the problem that in many games it uses
    >it's own codepath wich is not fully PS2.0 but PS1.1 due to that the FX
    >series is very slow with PS2.0
    >
    >Yup sad..but...well nvidia just made a marketing mistake! They thought
    >4x2 would be good enough...then ati came on the market with..a pure
    >8x1 solution!

    But important thing to remeber, don't BUY either of these unless they
    are under $250, as the new cards are 50~120% faster in the same price
    range ($375~500).

    - - - - -
    Remember: In the USA - it is dangeroud to draw or write about Heir Bush in a negative way. The police or SS are called, people threaten to kill you. (What country is this again?)

    - 15yr old boy in Washington was disciplined for drawing such images.
    - White House blows cover of an undercover agent because her husband said there were no WMD (before the USA started the war) - her job was finding terrorist. (This makes sense?)
    God bless the land of the free. Where you can burn the Constitution... Ashcroft does it every day.

Nvidia Radeon Geforce ATI Graphics