Which gfx card should i choose ?

Hey guys, first post on google groups i think.
neways, i am planning on buying a new gfx card in a month, dont know
what to choose, planning on gettin an Nvidia card. thinking of 5700 or
5900, donnu about xt or ultra or w/e.. gonna get it off newegg
prolly.. i got these 2 right now:
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=14-127-112&depa=0
(5700xt)

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-135-138&depa=0
(5900xt)

BTW i only need it for 1 year (in a year ill build my own comp with
pci express and all) so i dont need it to be top of the line more than
a year from now. ill be running the latest games such as doom 3(thatll
prolly lag, even pci express games will lag that one lol) ut2k4(my
5200 runs it so horribly, 800x600 normal all settings) far cry and the
rest of the latest games thatll come out this year. i want it to be
1024x768 and high settings if possible, if not thats ok as long as it
wont lag but quality will still rule.
the thing is, i think my PSU is only like 250 watts or so, really not
sure... do they come with cables that i plug to molox cables or
anything or do they just drain alot from AGP slot ?
I really have no idea if the XT's are good and what to go at, i still
have a month so prices will prolly go down when the 6800 will come out
(think its also a month or so) so what do u guys recommend ? give me
some newegg links if possible so ill add to favorites and check em
once in a while to see if prices went down.

10x alot,

LILfeatha

"LILfeatha" <yuval73@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hey guys, first post on google groups i think.
> neways, i am planning on buying a new gfx card in a month, dont know
> what to choose, planning on gettin an Nvidia card. thinking of 5700 or
> 5900, donnu about xt or ultra or w/e.. gonna get it off newegg
> prolly.. i got these 2 right now:

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=14-127-112&depa=0
> (5700xt)

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-135-138&depa=0
> (5900xt)
>
> BTW i only need it for 1 year (in a year ill build my own comp with
> pci express and all) so i dont need it to be top of the line more than
> a year from now. ill be running the latest games such as doom 3(thatll
> prolly lag, even pci express games will lag that one lol) ut2k4(my
> 5200 runs it so horribly, 800x600 normal all settings) far cry and the
> rest of the latest games thatll come out this year. i want it to be
> 1024x768 and high settings if possible, if not thats ok as long as it
> wont lag but quality will still rule.
> the thing is, i think my PSU is only like 250 watts or so, really not
> sure... do they come with cables that i plug to molox cables or
> anything or do they just drain alot from AGP slot ?
> I really have no idea if the XT's are good and what to go at, i still
> have a month so prices will prolly go down when the 6800 will come out
> (think its also a month or so) so what do u guys recommend ? give me
> some newegg links if possible so ill add to favorites and check em
> once in a while to see if prices went down.
>
> 10x alot,
>
> LILfeatha

ok cool that was ez.. hehe.. are u sure ? i only need it for 1 year
though and i dont wanna waste money cause i just need it 1 year to run
all those awesome games, is it worth the money by that much ? and is
it ok its an XT and all ? should i always go for the XT's since its
not a big difference between an XT and a regular and a ultra or what ?
comon peeps what do u think besides irrat8ed ?

10x,

LILfeatha

"Irrat8ed" <nomail@nomail.com> wrote in message news:<wvctc.15137$eH1.6674304@newssvr28.news.prodigy.com>...
> 5900
>

> "LILfeatha" <yuval73@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hey guys, first post on google groups i think.
> > neways, i am planning on buying a new gfx card in a month, dont know
> > what to choose, planning on gettin an Nvidia card. thinking of 5700 or
> > 5900, donnu about xt or ultra or w/e.. gonna get it off newegg
> > prolly.. i got these 2 right now:
> >
> http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=14-127-112&depa=0
> > (5700xt)
> >

> http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-135-138&depa=0
> > (5900xt)
> >
> > BTW i only need it for 1 year (in a year ill build my own comp with
> > pci express and all) so i dont need it to be top of the line more than
> > a year from now. ill be running the latest games such as doom 3(thatll
> > prolly lag, even pci express games will lag that one lol) ut2k4(my
> > 5200 runs it so horribly, 800x600 normal all settings) far cry and the
> > rest of the latest games thatll come out this year. i want it to be
> > 1024x768 and high settings if possible, if not thats ok as long as it
> > wont lag but quality will still rule.
> > the thing is, i think my PSU is only like 250 watts or so, really not
> > sure... do they come with cables that i plug to molox cables or
> > anything or do they just drain alot from AGP slot ?
> > I really have no idea if the XT's are good and what to go at, i still
> > have a month so prices will prolly go down when the 6800 will come out
> > (think its also a month or so) so what do u guys recommend ? give me
> > some newegg links if possible so ill add to favorites and check em
> > once in a while to see if prices went down.
> >
> > 10x alot,
> >
> > LILfeatha

jeff

I'd be concerned about your power supply. I had a 330w ps and had to replace
it when I went from a 4200 to a 5950 ultra. My games would freeze after 15
min of play. Went to an Antec 550w, and there are no problems. But the ps
was an extra $110 I was not planning on spending. I'd go with the 5700.

Sondog