Great deal on BFG FX 5700 ULTRA CARD?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
May 28, 2004 4:54:52 PM

I just purchased the BFG FX 5700 Ultra card with 128MB For $129.00
from chumbo.com
I don't know how good a deal this is but everywhere else is close to
200.00
that I Checked. replacing My Ti4200 and hoping to get much better
Frame rates.
Some people say the 5700 is not that much faster, but as far as
vertices per second its as follows: Ti4200 - 113 MILLION Vertices/sec
5700 Ultra - 352 Million vertices/sec

Is this not a better card at a great price? Of course when the 6800
comes into stores everything comes down by around $20.00
Anonymous
May 29, 2004 5:59:49 AM

To bad you couldnt wait, the fx5900 is already dropping in price. I expect it to drop to at least
125US maybe less in the next month or two.

On 28 May 2004 12:54:52 -0700, SamuelF566@AOL.COM (Sam) wrote:

>I just purchased the BFG FX 5700 Ultra card with 128MB For $129.00
>from chumbo.com
> I don't know how good a deal this is but everywhere else is close to
>200.00
>that I Checked. replacing My Ti4200 and hoping to get much better
>Frame rates.
> Some people say the 5700 is not that much faster, but as far as
>vertices per second its as follows: Ti4200 - 113 MILLION Vertices/sec
> 5700 Ultra - 352 Million vertices/sec
>
> Is this not a better card at a great price? Of course when the 6800
>comes into stores everything comes down by around $20.00
Anonymous
May 29, 2004 9:32:26 PM

Sam wrote:
> I just purchased the BFG FX 5700 Ultra card with 128MB For $129.00
> from chumbo.com
> I don't know how good a deal this

This is an 'OK' deal. For $175, you could have gotten
a much faster card with the 5900xt. But it would have cost
$46 more, a comparable deal.

Jeff B
!