Driving school doesn't work

Last response: in Video Games
July 5, 2005 12:24:37 AM

GTASA PC version ... Driving school doesn't work.

I walk to the TV screen, and I see the display.
I press SPACE, as requested.

I see the car, and it says to press and hold UP
and DOWN to begin. I do so and the car moves forward
a few inches and stops. The results screen comes
up ... 0%. I can't race!

What's the deal?

More about : driving school work

Anonymous
July 5, 2005 5:07:15 AM

Margrave of Brandenburg wrote:

> GTASA PC version ... Driving school doesn't work.
>
> I walk to the TV screen, and I see the display.
> I press SPACE, as requested.
>
> I see the car, and it says to press and hold UP
> and DOWN to begin. I do so and the car moves forward
> a few inches and stops. The results screen comes
> up ... 0%. I can't race!
>
> What's the deal?

the very first car has to spin on the spot, not move forward. You need
handbrake on and accelerate while pushing right, I think, though it
should tell you which direction.

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

Ah, the rollover limit, which I have mentioned before on this forum.
Different keyboards fail to register different key combos, so try
shuffling all your definitions along by one (usw ESDF instead of WASD,
W and R instead of Q and E, etc.)

Trying now, I can't get ASW, SDE, or DFR to work, but FGT do work
together. Just hold down one, then the next, then the other, before
releasing any of them and see if all three characters appear in
Notepad.

Or just buy a DX1 :-)

Phil Hibbs.
Related resources
July 5, 2005 11:52:14 AM

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 20:24:37 -0400, "Margrave of Brandenburg"
<lhorwinkle@usa.com> wrote:

>GTASA PC version ... Driving school doesn't work.

Yes it does.
July 5, 2005 1:23:21 PM

Margrave of Brandenburg wrote:
> I see the car, and it says to press and hold UP
> and DOWN to begin. I do so and the car moves forward
> a few inches and stops. The results screen comes
> up ... 0%. I can't race!

You need to press the keys simultaneously so that the car stays stationary.

I couldn't do this using the keyboard. Pressing W, S and A all at the same
time caused the A key not to register, and my keyboard buffer filled up
(lots of beeing from the PC). The car sat stationary with clouds of dust
coming out from the spinning wheels, but it wouldn't rotate. I had to switch
to joypad mode to do this (and once I had it was an absolute piece of cake
to complete).

Perhaps redefining the keys would help if you have the same problem -- so
that the keys you use aren't so close together on the keyboard.

--

(O)enone
July 5, 2005 2:57:42 PM

Oenone proclaimed...

> You need to press the keys simultaneously so that the car stays stationary.
>
> I couldn't do this using the keyboard. Pressing W, S and A all at the same
> time caused the A key not to register, and my keyboard buffer filled up
> (lots of beeing from the PC). The car sat stationary with clouds of dust
> coming out from the spinning wheels, but it wouldn't rotate. I had to switch
> to joypad mode to do this (and once I had it was an absolute piece of cake
> to complete).
>
> Perhaps redefining the keys would help if you have the same problem -- so
> that the keys you use aren't so close together on the keyboard.

I pressed W, A and left arrow.

Job done.

--
"Now that there is one damn fine coat you're wearing."

www.stri.tk - site and blog
!