iPaq 5550 and Parrott CK3000 as headset

April 7, 2004 7:28:15 PM

Hi all,

I don't know if anyone has succeded in doing this but I live in hope
:o )

As the volume on the 5550 is so bad and I have a CK3000 Bluetooth car
kit I thought I'd try and get the sound through the kit instead of the
speaker for Sat Nav.

I can get this set up to work when I initially turn on the power to
the car kit and set the ipaq up. All works great. The problem I then
get is after switching off the car and then back on, I cannot get the
thing to work again. It sees the car kit, connects, etc but still the
sound comes out of the ipaq speaker. It's a pain having to reset the
ipaq , tell the sat nav where I'm going again etc everytime I stop for
a break.

I would really like to get this working properly. Has anyone else
managed to achieve this?

The CK3000 appears as a headset over bluetooth. Do these problems
exist for all headsets? I have read about a registry hack but don't
seem to be able to find out what the hack is.

Any help greatly appriciated.
April 19, 2004 11:17:35 AM

kev@kenninghall.org.uk (Kev) wrote in message news:<d0f90f91.0404071428.1d289232@posting.google.com>...
> Hi all,
>
> I don't know if anyone has succeded in doing this but I live in hope
> :o )
>
> As the volume on the 5550 is so bad and I have a CK3000 Bluetooth car
> kit I thought I'd try and get the sound through the kit instead of the
> speaker for Sat Nav.
>
> I can get this set up to work when I initially turn on the power to
> the car kit and set the ipaq up. All works great. The problem I then
> get is after switching off the car and then back on, I cannot get the
> thing to work again. It sees the car kit, connects, etc but still the
> sound comes out of the ipaq speaker. It's a pain having to reset the
> ipaq , tell the sat nav where I'm going again etc everytime I stop for
> a break.
>
> I would really like to get this working properly. Has anyone else
> managed to achieve this?
>
> The CK3000 appears as a headset over bluetooth. Do these problems
> exist for all headsets? I have read about a registry hack but don't
> seem to be able to find out what the hack is.
>
> Any help greatly appriciated.

CK3000 appears as headset since the handsfree profile is not available
from the iPAQ. Is a Bluetooth phone also paired with your CK3000 along
with the PDA? Do you hear a beep when you restart the CK3000 (turn the
ignition key)?
April 20, 2004 12:09:34 PM

I did have a bluetooth phone paired with the CK3000 when I first tried
it and had it working. Don't anymore and the phone has died but that's
another story:o (

I'll have another play tonight and see if I can get so clear
indications of what happens.

!