nvagp.inf error - gf4 440mx go - win 98 - What to do?

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

I have a hp tc1100 tablet pc w/ Geforce4 mx 440 go and I want to dual
boot between 98 and xp. I have xp installed and the drivers installed
fine, but everytime I try to install them on the 98 partition it says
"setup was unable to locate a detected devices pci id in nvagp.inf"

There are no video drivers intalled, and I tried older versions and new
versions of the drivers.

Is it going to be possible to install it on my tc1100 and if so how?

I know it might not be an easy questions, but thanks.

Paul

Splendid

"Jason" <j@j.j> wrote in message
> I have a hp tc1100 tablet pc w/ Geforce4 mx 440 go and I want to dual
> boot between 98 and xp. I have xp installed and the drivers installed
> fine, but everytime I try to install them on the 98 partition it says
> "setup was unable to locate a detected devices pci id in nvagp.inf"
>
> There are no video drivers intalled, and I tried older versions and new
> versions of the drivers.
>
> Is it going to be possible to install it on my tc1100 and if so how?
>
> I know it might not be an easy questions, but thanks.

Have you first installed the chipset drivers?

If not, then Windows 98 has no chance of installing video drivers on a
platform that was invented long after 98 was killed off by M$

TRENDING THREADS