s-video with *older* camcorder

Is there any hope?

I have GeForce4 MX 420 in my machine (xp home).

I also have an older camcorder (canon ES5000) with s-video input/output.

Plugging my camcorder into the s-video on the video card does nothing. XP
doesn't see it and I can't seem to figure out how to get it recognized. Is
there a generic driver that would recognize the analog video coming into the
card/computer?
3 answers Last reply
More about video older camcorder

    "Randolph Scott" <rscott@wildwest.com> wrote in

    > Is there any hope?
    >
    > I have GeForce4 MX 420 in my machine (xp home).
    >
    > I also have an older camcorder (canon ES5000) with s-video
    > input/output.
    >
    > Plugging my camcorder into the s-video on the video card does nothing.
    > XP doesn't see it and I can't seem to figure out how to get it
    > recognized. Is there a generic driver that would recognize the analog
    > video coming into the card/computer?

    I believe the s-video on that card is an output to TV,not an input.Try
    running the cable to a s-video slot on a TV....

    "Randolph Scott" <rscott@wildwest.com> wrote in message
    > Is there any hope?
    >
    > I have GeForce4 MX 420 in my machine (xp home).
    >
    > I also have an older camcorder (canon ES5000) with s-video input/output.
    >
    > Plugging my camcorder into the s-video on the video card does nothing. XP
    > doesn't see it and I can't seem to figure out how to get it recognized. Is
    > there a generic driver that would recognize the analog video coming into
    the
    > card/computer?

    Unless you have a VIVO card, that s-video jack on your card is an output
    only...

    Thank you for the....input. No pun intended....

    "Biz" <biznospam@att.net> wrote in message

    > "Randolph Scott" <rscott@wildwest.com> wrote in message
    > > Is there any hope?
    > >
    > > I have GeForce4 MX 420 in my machine (xp home).
    > >
    > > I also have an older camcorder (canon ES5000) with s-video input/output.
    > >
    > > Plugging my camcorder into the s-video on the video card does nothing.
    XP
    > > doesn't see it and I can't seem to figure out how to get it recognized.
    Is
    > > there a generic driver that would recognize the analog video coming into
    > the
    > > card/computer?
    > >

    > Unless you have a VIVO card, that s-video jack on your card is an output
    > only...

Nvidia Video Camcorders Graphics