s-video with *older* camcorder

Is there any hope?

I have GeForce4 MX 420 in my machine (xp home).

I also have an older camcorder (canon ES5000) with s-video input/output.

Plugging my camcorder into the s-video on the video card does nothing. XP
doesn't see it and I can't seem to figure out how to get it recognized. Is
there a generic driver that would recognize the analog video coming into the
card/computer?

"Randolph Scott" <rscott@wildwest.com> wrote in

> Is there any hope?
>
> I have GeForce4 MX 420 in my machine (xp home).
>
> I also have an older camcorder (canon ES5000) with s-video
> input/output.
>
> Plugging my camcorder into the s-video on the video card does nothing.
> XP doesn't see it and I can't seem to figure out how to get it
> recognized. Is there a generic driver that would recognize the analog
> video coming into the card/computer?

I believe the s-video on that card is an output to TV,not an input.Try
running the cable to a s-video slot on a TV....

"Randolph Scott" <rscott@wildwest.com> wrote in message
> Is there any hope?
>
> I have GeForce4 MX 420 in my machine (xp home).
>
> I also have an older camcorder (canon ES5000) with s-video input/output.
>
> Plugging my camcorder into the s-video on the video card does nothing. XP
> doesn't see it and I can't seem to figure out how to get it recognized. Is
> there a generic driver that would recognize the analog video coming into
the
> card/computer?

Unless you have a VIVO card, that s-video jack on your card is an output
only...

Thank you for the....input. No pun intended....