Now to migrate the burner?

About 2-3 years ago when I bot my old machine which I love, I got a Yamaha
burner, paid about $100-$110 for it at Dr. Neth's suggestion ( to look no
further ) I didn't and I have not had a minutes trouble with the Yamaha. My
old one writes at 44, 24, and 4 etc .In several sickness and others moving
me my entire file or purchases and a few installation cd-roms have come up
missing. Among these is the Yamaha install disk.

When I went o Yamaha to look around I see their writers are the same price
as my old one. Besides it seems foolish to buy a new burner to get an
install cd. Is there any way I can just stick the hardware in the new
computer, tie the two together, or what?

What should I do guys?
Thanks a million
Robert
2 answers Last reply
More about migrate burner

    If the new system comes with a writer, its software should work with the
    Yamaha writer as well.

    Robert Hale wrote:
    > About 2-3 years ago when I bot my old machine which I love, I got a Yamaha
    > burner, paid about $100-$110 for it at Dr. Neth's suggestion ( to look no
    > further ) I didn't and I have not had a minutes trouble with the Yamaha. My
    > old one writes at 44, 24, and 4 etc .In several sickness and others moving
    > me my entire file or purchases and a few installation cd-roms have come up
    > missing. Among these is the Yamaha install disk.
    >
    > When I went o Yamaha to look around I see their writers are the same price
    > as my old one. Besides it seems foolish to buy a new burner to get an
    > install cd. Is there any way I can just stick the hardware in the new
    > computer, tie the two together, or what?
    >
    > What should I do guys?
    > Thanks a million
    > Robert

    >About 2-3 years ago when I bot my old machine which I love, I got a Yamaha burner
    >What should I do guys?

    I also treasure my Yamaha CD burners: they were "too good"
    and Yamaha gave up thanks to cheap Chinese stuff flooding the market.

    I run mine under Linux, but Nero and such ought to support it just fine,
    even if you do a fresh install with the latest M$ OS.

Gateway Migrate Burner Yamaha Computers