Sign in with
Your question

Help with Display Settings

Last response: in Windows 7
a b C Monitor
a b $ Windows 7
November 18, 2010 10:12:22 PM

One of the employees at a friend's office has changed the resolution that the monitor cannot display.

I tried deleting the hardware in the Device Manager while being in Save Mode. However when booting into Normal Mode Windows 7 will reinstall the drivers and requires a reboot for the change to take effect; therefore, you cannot change any settings until rebooted.

If you reboot, the computer remembers the old setting and the monitor displays the message again that it does not support the display settings.

Anyone know of a workaround to this problem?

I know I could buy a new screen, fix it , and return the screen; however, it cost time and money.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

More about : display settings

November 18, 2010 11:27:51 PM

What's the max res that the monitor can display? And what's the res currently set to? Can you not just right click the desktop and choose "Screen Resolution" and change it from there?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
November 18, 2010 11:48:17 PM

monito to New Sreen (*) different res & size make boot confuse!
when boot press f8 sellect safemode (u know ), uninstall driver VGA it can make default resolution restart f8 again sellect lastgood -install again driver VGA
m
l
Related resources
a b C Monitor
a b $ Windows 7
November 19, 2010 5:20:44 AM

I have no idea about previous and current settings is. They have 17" LCDs. I think someone thought they could increase the resolution and use a magnifying-glass.

Now they can look at the black screen.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
November 19, 2010 5:28:59 AM

yes different size res 15" 1024x720 - 768 & LCD (1024 - 1280 3:4 ) 1440x900 16:9
if OS use monitor much resetting resolution to LCD, yeah.. u know safemode
m
l
!