'Warning: your NV card is not getting enough power' !?!?!?

After some months with a new powersupply (400W) and a Geforce 9800, never having any troubles, right now in the middle of a not very graphix intensive Motgp 2 race, i see this!!!!

What should I do? Suggestions?

Thanks!!!

--
F r e e

"F r e e" <free@spam.nothanx> wrote in message
>After some months with a new powersupply (400W) and a Geforce 9800, never
having any troubles, right now in the middle of a not very graphix intensive
Motgp 2 race, i see this!!!!

>What should I do? Suggestions?

What do you expect? The Geforce 9800 came out in May 2008, and you're using
a medieval 400W power supply from 2004. That beast needs 750W minimum.

Tim

"The Chronic" <endo@blunt.com> wrote in message

> What do you expect? The Geforce 9800 came out in May 2008, and you're
using
> a medieval 400W power supply from 2004.

LOL How did people live back then? - before video signals were wired
directly into their brains?

LOL, obviously i meant a 5900.... dummie dummie

"F r e e" <free@spam.nothanx> wrote in message news:<ce9vc.3545$kn2.77683@news.ono.com>...
> LOL, obviously i meant a 5900.... dummie dummie

Well..wich BRAND Psu do you have..

I remember myself the cute and cuddly Q-tec 450W psu's that where so
unstable that even a chieftec 250W kind of psu would be better...

mmmm

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 00:32:08 GMT, "F r e e" <free@spam.nothanx> wrote:

>LOL, obviously i meant a 5900.... dummie dummie

Hmm.. Guys regarding this question, i have a geforce fx 5200 and
thinkin of gettin a 5700xt/5900xt (prolly 5900 because that 30$
difference is really worth it, 5900xt is so much better, u guys can
gimme tips and such, i only need it for 1 year, since ill move to pci
express and new comp in a year.. wanna play latest games such as HL2,
UT2K4, etc). So the other thing, when i WILL get one of those, u
actually need a molex connector from the PSU ? dont u just plug it to
the AGP slot and done deal ? sounds weird, u sure the molex connector
can even reach it ? And when ill get my new PSU also, should i get at
least a 400W one ?(since itll come with case so it wont be top of the
line). what u guys think ? plz answer those 2 its really important :p
10x alot,

LILfeatha

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 21:32:47 GMT, "F r e e" <free@spam.nothanx> wrote:

>After some months with a new powersupply (400W) and a Geforce 9800, =
>never having any troubles, right now in the middle of a not very graphix =
>intensive Motgp 2 race, i see this!!!!
>
>What should I do? Suggestions?
>
>Thanks!!!
>
>--=20
>F r e e

Check the power-supply label for the maximum 12V current.
If no label, throw power-supply from highest cliff. If label,
check for 18 amps. 15 amps is marginal if you have
a top-end CPU. Check also that the female contacts in the
4-pin Molex housing on the power-cable are not spread and
making erratic contact at the video card. A dose of contact
cleaner may also be helpful. There is a very remote chance
that a voltage regulator on your 5900 board may be flaky or
poorly soldered.

John Lewis

Tim

"F r e e" <free@spam.nothanx> wrote in message
LOL, obviously i meant a 5900.... dummie dummie

Interesting. So tell us more about this 5900 Dummie Dummie.