Hoardes of the Underdark

dhlucke

Polypheme
Ok, I bought the expansion today since my poor 20th level wizard needed to go up in level.

It's a good expansion with intelligent weapons and a lot of new epic features.

My problem is that it crashes constantly. I have half a gig of memory but it seems that it goes clean through it as well as any and all virtual memory. I'm baffled. I've changed my timings to the most conservative possible, I've cleaned up my hard drive and defragged the swap file, and I've changed my swap from 768 fixed to 1500 fixed and now to let windows run it but it still crashes.

It is literally sucking me dry memory wise and I have no idea why or how to stop it.

Anyone have luck with the game yet? I'm considering just doing a fresh install of the whole game and 2 expansions but I'd REALLY prefer not to since I never actually finished the original game and if I reinstall the game I'll have to start from act one instead of 3. The way I have it I can finish the expansion and then use my character to finish the game.

toxicogen

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2003
Can't you just copy the save files of the charcters you want to keep and then reinstall the game and put the save game files back or make a new character and replace it's files with your copied files?

If all else fails: Read The Manual

dhlucke

Polypheme
I caved in and reinstalled the game. All is well now. Unfortionately I can only go to my saved game and ch1 in each expansion.

I'll check out your link.

As far as the expansion I now have a 25th level wizard. The game is cool but either I'm doing something wrong or it has a few bugs. I just ran into a third bug today which is very frustrating since I can't figure out how to get around it.

The expansion is pretty challanging. I wish it was a bit harder but truth be told I'm pretty impressed. I'm not about to turn it to hardest or I'll kill myself with each meteor storm.

When an enemy time stops you and the entire screen glows with untold enemies and spells flying everywhere it's pretty neat. Make sure you have a good system since it sucks when it chunks.

My only gripe so far is that there aren't enough epic spells and losing stats can be restored way too easily by teleporting back to your "base" and getting healed. I also had my brain eaten twice today by a mind flayer and it didn't seem to do anything. I guess they have to eat it more.

Make sure you bring Deagan with you. He's fun to listen to.