Cingular rollover vs. Nextel free incoming?

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

Does anyone have any opinions on comparing the value of Cingular's
rollover minutes (GSM) to Nextel's free incoming plans?

I'm leaning toward the Nextel free incoming as being the more
attractive, but maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks.
32 answers Last reply
More about cingular rollover nextel free incoming
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    "Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote in message
    > Does anyone have any opinions on comparing the value of Cingular's
    > rollover minutes (GSM) to Nextel's free incoming plans?
    >
    > I'm leaning toward the Nextel free incoming as being the more
    > attractive, but maybe I'm missing something.

    I would think the main consideration might be whether or not you use about
    the same number of minutes every month. Is your usage all over the board?
    If so, the Cingular option might give you the flexibility to bank some
    minutes for those heavy use months. But if your usage is fairly even from
    month to month, Cingular becomes less attractive- you are just banking
    minutes that you'll probably never use. In the second case, free incoming
    might be the better deal. Another thing about the free incoming- it gives
    you pretty much total control over your minutes. The only minutes used are
    the ones where you initiate the call- if you're getting low on minutes, you
    can answer the phone without worrying about going over.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    When doing your research, remember you can also get 1st incoming minutes
    free with Cingular for $4.99 per month.

    Every carrier also provides free mobile-to-mobile minutes for a fee or
    included in the plan you choose. Check with your friends and family to see
    what service they are on so you can take advantage of mobile to mobile
    minutes. Consider that most long conversations are with your closest
    friends and family members.

    "Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote in message
    > Does anyone have any opinions on comparing the value of Cingular's
    > rollover minutes (GSM) to Nextel's free incoming plans?
    >
    > I'm leaning toward the Nextel free incoming as being the more
    > attractive, but maybe I'm missing something.
    >
    > Thanks.

    >I'm leaning toward the Nextel free incoming as being the more
    >attractive, but maybe I'm missing something.

    Cingular is cellular.

    NEXTEL is walkie talkie service.

    --
    John S.

    In article <20040504024640.17253.00000701@mb-m03.aol.com>,
    sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree (John S.) wrote:

    > Cingular is cellular.
    >
    > NEXTEL is walkie talkie service.

    No, Nextel is phone service, too.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    On Mon, 03 May 2004 22:36:05 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty"
    <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:

    >Does anyone have any opinions on comparing the value of Cingular's
    >rollover minutes (GSM) to Nextel's free incoming plans?
    >
    >I'm leaning toward the Nextel free incoming as being the more
    >attractive, but maybe I'm missing something.
    >
    >Thanks.

    What is your main usage? Do you need to be available to people calling you,
    or do you need to make many calls. That should help you answer your own
    question.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    In article <elmop-3025BD.22360503052004@news.usenetserver.com>,
    "Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:

    > Does anyone have any opinions on comparing the value of Cingular's
    > rollover minutes (GSM) to Nextel's free incoming plans?
    >
    > I'm leaning toward the Nextel free incoming as being the more
    > attractive, but maybe I'm missing something.

    Depends on YOUR unique calling pattern.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    In article <8IFlc.59923$fd4.43314@newssvr25.news.prodigy.com>,
    "Richie" <mbc@pacbell.net> wrote:

    > Consider that most long conversations are with your closest
    > friends and family members.

    Certainly not everyone, usually not with business phones.

    sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree (John S.) wrote in message news:<20040504024640.17253.00000701@mb-m03.aol.com>...
    > >I'm leaning toward the Nextel free incoming as being the more
    > >attractive, but maybe I'm missing something.
    >
    > Cingular is cellular.
    >
    > NEXTEL is walkie talkie service.

    While you do love pointing that out, what difference does it make to
    the end user? If it takes and makes telephone calls, and has coverage
    and rates accetable to the user, who cares if it's cellular, PCS, iDEN
    or even AM radio?

    If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...
  9. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    "Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote in message
    > Does anyone have any opinions on comparing the value of Cingular's
    > rollover minutes (GSM) to Nextel's free incoming plans?
    >
    > I'm leaning toward the Nextel free incoming as being the more
    > attractive, but maybe I'm missing something.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Elmo - Nextel offers free incoming calls as most of your INcoming calls go
    straight to voicemail anyway. I've used many services including Cingular
    and (Nextel for several years, but not by choice . . . employer required
    it). Nextel is the single worst cellular provider there is. PERIOD
    Comparing Nextel to Cingular is like comparing Kia to Lexus. Don't even
    think about signing up with Nextel, you will KILL yourself if you do. That
    is, you will look back and recall that *I* warned you, and feel really
    stupid that you didn't heed the warning.

    Cingular GSM . . . Great handsets, reliable network, not much more to say
    but it just WORKS

    Nextel . . . shitty selection of shitty handsets, impossible to find a
    signal in most areas, nearly impossible to make calls where you DO find a
    signal and forget about incoming calls. If people try to call your nextel
    handset and you are in an area with a GOOD signal . . . they will either get
    a busy signal (while you are NOT USING THE HANDSET), or their calls will go
    straight to voicemail. (free WHAT?!?!? . . . there's no such thing as
    incoming calls on the nextel network!!!) -Dave
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    "Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote in message news:elmop-
    > > Cingular is cellular.
    > >
    > > NEXTEL is walkie talkie service.
    >
    > No, Nextel is phone service, too.

    Have you carried a nextel handset? I have. If it's phone service also, you
    couldn't prove it by me. -Dave
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    >No, Nextel is phone service, too.

    NO, NEXTEL is walkie talkie service that has a phone "patch" to allow their
    customers to make telephone calls.

    Watch their ads on TV, Their whole "Done" campaign is to promote their walkie
    talkie's and they never mention the phone patch that allows you to make phone
    calls.

    --
    John S.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    >> Consider that most long conversations are with your closest
    >> friends and family members.
    >
    >Certainly not everyone, usually not with business phones.

    However, most of the so called "Family Plans" not only allow for free between
    family members but all users of that companies service.

    My Sprint PCS family plan allows free calling between ANY Sprint PCS
    subscriber. With AT&T it is "mobile to mobile" which allows free calls to all
    AT&T mobile customers.

    This of course promotes their strong position in the business world. I still
    call people that I worked with over the years for free using my AT&T phone
    because they too have AT&T.

    So, back to the original poster, you need to consider how you expect your phone
    to be used. Free incoming is great for the "girls" in the Personals section of
    the news paper but for those of us who make and receive calls, it might not
    balance out compared with a plan that allows free calls between customers of
    the same cellular company.

    And too, if your calling varies month to month, Cingulars rollover plans are
    great.

    --
    John S.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Does anyone have any opinions on comparing the value of Cingular's
    > rollover minutes (GSM) to Nextel's free incoming plans?
    >
    > I'm leaning toward the Nextel free incoming as being the more
    > attractive, but maybe I'm missing something.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Wow, tough question, especially if Nextel and Cingular offer good
    coverage in the area that you live and mostly travel to. I have a
    love/hate thing with Nextel and I *ONLY* stay because of the free
    incoming minutes and direct connect. True other carriers offer free
    mobile-to-mobile options, but, many of my calls are from current or
    perspective clients who are not calling from a mobile phone. I very
    freely give out my number due to the free incoming plan.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    You're right. I should add business associates.

    But if it's a business phone, then the business should select and pay for it
    (unless you own your own business).

    "Robert M." <rmm@msn.com> wrote in message
    > In article <8IFlc.59923$fd4.43314@newssvr25.news.prodigy.com>,
    > "Richie" <mbc@pacbell.net> wrote:
    >
    > > Consider that most long conversations are with your closest
    > > friends and family members.
    >
    > Certainly not everyone, usually not with business phones.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    In article <c78l5m$12eoe$1@ID-233294.news.uni-berlin.de>,
    "Dave C." <mdupre@sff.net> wrote:

    > Cingular GSM . . . Great handsets, reliable network, not much more to say
    > but it just WORKS

    Well, that's good to know. That was an underlying question of mine. I
    currently have the Cingular Nation plan from about 2 years ago, where
    every call is a local call (just like the current Nation GAIT plan), and
    was/am hesitant to move to GSM.

    But I figured, if I'm going to move to Cingular GSM, I might as well
    look around at everyone else, then, including Nextel. I've had Nextel
    before, and in general your assessment isn't too far off the mark--but
    that was 3 years ago when I left them. I don't know how it is today.

    > If people try to call your nextel
    > handset and you are in an area with a GOOD signal . . . they will either get
    > a busy signal (while you are NOT USING THE HANDSET), or their calls will go
    > straight to voicemail. (free WHAT?!?!? . . . there's no such thing as
    > incoming calls on the nextel network!!!) -Dave

    Frankly, I get the same behavior on my Cingular phone today. Not very
    often, but often enough to be very noticeable. My phone will be dead
    silent and then all of the sudden alert me to a new voicemail. But the
    phone never rang...
  16. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    In article <vd6f90t5q9k4f879hj47gtju2hu0i15rpj@4ax.com>,
    Mark <me@privacy.net> wrote:

    > >I'm leaning toward the Nextel free incoming as being the more
    > >attractive, but maybe I'm missing something.
    > >
    > >Thanks.
    >

    > What is your main usage? Do you need to be available to people calling you,
    > or do you need to make many calls. That should help you answer your own
    > question.

    It's split about even, which means the free incoming extends the minutes
    I buy. I wouldn't hesitate to leverage the free incoming by having
    colleagues call me back.
  17. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    In article <c78l8k$10fm5$1@ID-233294.news.uni-berlin.de>,
    "Dave C." <mdupre@sff.net> wrote:

    > > No, Nextel is phone service, too.
    > >

    > Have you carried a nextel handset? I have. If it's phone service also, you
    > couldn't prove it by me. -Dave

    Yes, I have. Had it 3 years ago.
  18. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    In article <rmm-51420E.04531204052004@news1.west.earthlink.net>,
    "Robert M." <rmm@msn.com> wrote:

    > > Consider that most long conversations are with your closest
    > > friends and family members.
    >
    > Certainly not everyone, usually not with business phones.

    That's my use for this--business.

    Someone else mentioned the crummy selection of phones at Nextel. Well,
    for my purposes, just about EVERYONE has a crummy selection of
    phones--because I don't want camera phones, I don't want mp3 phones, I
    don't do web browsing, I don't want a PDA, etc. I want a voice phone
    for BUSINESS purposes.

    And when you start looking at *anyone's* selection of phones, there's
    usually only one or two that are aimed at business users using them for
    voice.

    It's a market aimed at teeny-boppers and attracting their entertainment
    dollar. At least Nextel is aimed squarely at the business market, at
    least that's their gig anyway.
  19. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    In article <xNPlc.44905$0H5.20996@newssvr29.news.prodigy.com>,
    "Richie" <mbc@pacbell.net> wrote:

    > But if it's a business phone, then the business should select and pay for it
    > (unless you own your own business).

    The business doesn't select my phones. My company does pay, but only up
    to a point. I manage my wireless dollars myself. It's just an amount
    I'm allotted. (If I want to pay more, I do so out of my own pocket.)

    This is for business, pure and simple. I like the idea of freely giving
    out my cell phone number without worry, that's all. But maybe the
    rollover minutes provide an equal benefit. That's what I'm trying to
    decide.
  20. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    In article <20040504112856.27697.00000538@mb-m17.aol.com>,
    sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree (John S.) wrote:

    > So, back to the original poster, you need to consider how you expect your
    > phone
    > to be used. Free incoming is great for the "girls" in the Personals section
    > of
    > the news paper but for those of us who make and receive calls, it might not
    > balance out compared with a plan that allows free calls between customers of
    > the same cellular company.

    I don't expect many, if any, of my received calls to come from any kind
    of cellular system. Sure, a few of my colleagues will call me--but
    they're all over the map (like I said before, my company doesn't dictate
    what phone or supplier we use). And I'm in somewhat of a support
    position.
  21. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    Elmo, please dont tell me you listened to that. I am in no way saying Nextel
    has the greatist coverage on Earth but I am saying that it all depends on
    where you'll use it. I dont have to explain this, as that gets discussed at
    least 3 times a week on these newsgroups. Not to mention, this guy seems to
    be all hyped up on emotion. We all know emotion is a reliable source of
    solid wisdom... Oh, and if it matters my Nextel has better service than my
    friends' Cingulars where I go to college. Now, this is not true for any
    carrier everywhere or every carrier anywhere, but it ain't no Kia! Ask
    around, see what works best in your area, but please dont get caught up by
    one opinion.

    > In article <c78l5m$12eoe$1@ID-233294.news.uni-berlin.de>,
    > "Dave C." <mdupre@sff.net> wrote:
    >
    > > Cingular GSM . . . Great handsets, reliable network, not much more to
    say
    > > but it just WORKS
    >
    > Well, that's good to know. That was an underlying question of mine. I
    > currently have the Cingular Nation plan from about 2 years ago, where
    > every call is a local call (just like the current Nation GAIT plan), and
    > was/am hesitant to move to GSM.
    >
    > But I figured, if I'm going to move to Cingular GSM, I might as well
    > look around at everyone else, then, including Nextel. I've had Nextel
    > before, and in general your assessment isn't too far off the mark--but
    > that was 3 years ago when I left them. I don't know how it is today.
    >

    > > If people try to call your nextel
    > > handset and you are in an area with a GOOD signal . . . they will either
    get
    > > a busy signal (while you are NOT USING THE HANDSET), or their calls will
    go
    > > straight to voicemail. (free WHAT?!?!? . . . there's no such thing as
    > > incoming calls on the nextel network!!!) -Dave
    >
    > Frankly, I get the same behavior on my Cingular phone today. Not very
    > often, but often enough to be very noticeable. My phone will be dead
    > silent and then all of the sudden alert me to a new voicemail. But the
    > phone never rang...

  22. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    "> Frankly, I get the same behavior on my Cingular phone today. Not very
    > often, but often enough to be very noticeable. My phone will be dead
    > silent and then all of the sudden alert me to a new voicemail. But the
    > phone never rang...

    That's strange. I haven't noticed that on Cingular, but then I'm on GSM
    nation. -Dave
  23. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    Hello

    Cingular is real poor now. There GSM service is real bad. My close
    friend is a RF tech for Cingular. Well Guys hate to break the bad news
    There RF techs use Nextel phones to work on the Towers. We have 2,000
    nextel phones for our Company and all have the free in. Stay away from
    Cingular GSM for 12 months. You will find lots of very unhappy people.

    From steve
    Fleet OPS

    On Tue, 4 May 2004 21:21:09 -0400, "Myself" <email@domain.com> wrote:

    >Elmo, please dont tell me you listened to that. I am in no way saying Nextel
    >has the greatist coverage on Earth but I am saying that it all depends on
    >where you'll use it. I dont have to explain this, as that gets discussed at
    >least 3 times a week on these newsgroups. Not to mention, this guy seems to
    >be all hyped up on emotion. We all know emotion is a reliable source of
    >solid wisdom... Oh, and if it matters my Nextel has better service than my
    >friends' Cingulars where I go to college. Now, this is not true for any
    >carrier everywhere or every carrier anywhere, but it ain't no Kia! Ask
    >around, see what works best in your area, but please dont get caught up by
    >one opinion.
    >

    >"Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote in message
    >> In article <c78l5m$12eoe$1@ID-233294.news.uni-berlin.de>,
    >> "Dave C." <mdupre@sff.net> wrote:
    >>
    >> > Cingular GSM . . . Great handsets, reliable network, not much more to
    >say
    >> > but it just WORKS
    >>
    >> Well, that's good to know. That was an underlying question of mine. I
    >> currently have the Cingular Nation plan from about 2 years ago, where
    >> every call is a local call (just like the current Nation GAIT plan), and
    >> was/am hesitant to move to GSM.
    >>
    >> But I figured, if I'm going to move to Cingular GSM, I might as well
    >> look around at everyone else, then, including Nextel. I've had Nextel
    >> before, and in general your assessment isn't too far off the mark--but
    >> that was 3 years ago when I left them. I don't know how it is today.
    >>

    >> > If people try to call your nextel
    >> > handset and you are in an area with a GOOD signal . . . they will either
    >get
    >> > a busy signal (while you are NOT USING THE HANDSET), or their calls will
    >go
    >> > straight to voicemail. (free WHAT?!?!? . . . there's no such thing as
    >> > incoming calls on the nextel network!!!) -Dave
    >>
    >> Frankly, I get the same behavior on my Cingular phone today. Not very
    >> often, but often enough to be very noticeable. My phone will be dead
    >> silent and then all of the sudden alert me to a new voicemail. But the
    >> phone never rang...

    Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors,
    disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent
    theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will
    only add to the overall beauty of the post.
  24. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    "Dave C." <mdupre@sff.net> wrote in message

    > "> Frankly, I get the same behavior on my Cingular phone today. Not very
    > > often, but often enough to be very noticeable. My phone will be dead
    > > silent and then all of the sudden alert me to a new voicemail. But the
    > > phone never rang...
    > >

    > That's strange. I haven't noticed that on Cingular, but then I'm on GSM
    > nation. -Dave

    I have noticed the same thing, with three different phones
    over the course of three years. Pretty random, no rhyme
    or reason to it just sometimes it vibrates at me about
    a voicemail.
    I did have a problem with one certain ring
    that was assigned to my girlfriends number, I changed
    it and that solved the problem. Do you have custom
    rings set up? Is it one certain ring? Is it one number?

    I was on gsm nation, now extended local gsm home.

  25. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    > Nextel . . . shitty selection of shitty handsets, impossible to find a
    > signal in most areas, nearly impossible to make calls where you DO find a
    > signal and forget about incoming calls. If people try to call your nextel
    > handset and you are in an area with a GOOD signal . . . they will either get
    > a busy signal (while you are NOT USING THE HANDSET), or their calls will go
    > straight to voicemail. (free WHAT?!?!? . . . there's no such thing as
    > incoming calls on the nextel network!!!) -Dave

    I find it ironic that I am about to defend Nextel as I have a love/hate
    relationship with them. I respect the fact that you may have had issues
    with Nextel in your area, but that does not transcend everywhere else. I
    was with Verizon for 16-17 years (Bell Atlantic/Bell Atlantic-Nynex) and
    then ATTWS for a year. In my experiences, Nextel's coverage is no worse
    or better than anywhere else. In other words every carrier has good and
    bad spots. I travel the US regularly and have mostly positive coverage
    with Nextel. Again, people who know me would be shocked to learn of my
    defending Nextel, but, the truth is the truth.
  26. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    > Where in the "Northeastern U.S." are you talking about?
    >
    > I've found Nextel to be better than AT&TWS along I-95 in N.H. and
    > Massachusetts. Have had no problems with Nextel in the Boston area; it's
    > fine on Rte. 128. Also, while driving from SE N.H. to New York City and
    > back -- 3 recent round trips and as part of one of them I went out to the
    > Eastern tip of Long Island -- I have no problems with Nextel coverage.

    Well your experience wouldn't disagree with my experiences. I also have
    noticed a slight improvement in coverage inside the 128 loop and along I-95.
    Unfortunately, I'm almost never working in that area, though I'm all over
    VT, NH, ME, MA, CT, RI, NY, DE, NJ and MD. Other states as well, but not as
    often. -Dave
  27. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    On Mon, 03 May 2004 22:36:05 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty"
    <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:

    >Does anyone have any opinions on comparing the value of Cingular's
    >rollover minutes (GSM) to Nextel's free incoming plans?
    >
    >I'm leaning toward the Nextel free incoming as being the more
    >attractive, but maybe I'm missing something.
    >
    >Thanks.

    Keep in mind, Cingular's rollover minutes require a two year contract.

    Minutes only roll over for the first year.

    Evan
  28. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    On Mon, 10 May 2004 07:24:24 -0700, Evan Platt
    <evan@TheObvious.espphotography.com> wrote:

    >Keep in mind, Cingular's rollover minutes require a two year contract.
    >
    >Minutes only roll over for the first year.
    >
    >Evan

    Say what!?!?!? Cingular rolled over minutes expire after one year.
    You cannot pile them up indefinitely, but they will always roll
    up..........
  29. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    In article <q34v909ub7g14mkiok5bamhgc8hj5iua9v@4ax.com>,
    Evan Platt <evan@TheObvious.espphotography.com> wrote:

    > >I'm leaning toward the Nextel free incoming as being the more
    > >attractive, but maybe I'm missing something.
    > >
    > >Thanks.
    >
    > Keep in mind, Cingular's rollover minutes require a two year contract.
    >
    > Minutes only roll over for the first year.

    Actually, the only rollover minutes you can dip into (should you need
    to) are those that have rolled over within the past 12 months.

    It isn't that only the first year's minutes roll over; it's that unused
    rollover minutes expire after 12 months, that's all.

    I'm still deeply considering Nextel's free incoming service.
  30. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    Cingular Roll Over only good for 1 year read the fine print

    From steve

    On Mon, 10 May 2004 18:40:36 -0400, Paul Cardoza
    <paulcardoza@comcast.net> wrote:

    >On Mon, 10 May 2004 07:24:24 -0700, Evan Platt
    ><evan@TheObvious.espphotography.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Keep in mind, Cingular's rollover minutes require a two year contract.
    >>
    >>Minutes only roll over for the first year.
    >>
    >>Evan
    >
    >Say what!?!?!? Cingular rolled over minutes expire after one year.
    >You cannot pile them up indefinitely, but they will always roll
    >up..........

    Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors,
    disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent
    theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will
    only add to the overall beauty of the post.
  31. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    In article <h013a0tqunknap6vbkcra0ceooifjhk188@4ax.com>,
    Steve <smartfix1@excite.com> wrote:

    > Cingular Roll Over only good for 1 year read the fine print

    It's not hard to read the fine print. Why don't you post it here?

    I'll post it for you:

    > Rollover Minutes: Rollover Minutes apply to Cingular Nation GSM Plans $39.99
    > and higher. Unused anytime minutes expire: (1) after twelve months; (2)
    > immediately upon default or if customer changes rate plans to a non-rollover
    > plan.

    Rollover minutes expire after 12 months.

    So if I accrue rollover minutes for the month of April, they expire next
    April--12 months later. But the rollover minutes I accrue next January
    don't expire next April; they expire after 12 months, which is the
    following January.

    You, sir, are why the world *needs* lawyers. You remind me of a man I
    know, someone whom you can't trust to give you simple directions to the
    nearest gas station--because he's inable to understand anything simple
    and/or explain it to someone else in simple terms.
  32. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    Get the fee incoming 600 plan or simply get one of the new flex
    plans. Either way the incoming 600 gives you 10 hours of out going
    talk time. Which I find to be more than enough since I seem to live on
    the darn phone.

    The new flex plans offer the same type of plan as the Cingular
    rollover plan.

    On Mon, 03 May 2004 22:36:05 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty"
    <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:

    >Does anyone have any opinions on comparing the value of Cingular's
    >rollover minutes (GSM) to Nextel's free incoming plans?
    >
    >I'm leaning toward the Nextel free incoming as being the more
    >attractive, but maybe I'm missing something.
    >
    >Thanks.

Cingular Nextel Internet Service Providers