6800 ULTRa!!!

groover

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2004

I got a athlon 64 3200+ and radeon 9200 but i think i need a new graphics
card so is it worth getting the 6800ultra?? also would i notice a bit
difference?? and
have i got the Cpu to handle it??

:)

CPU is fine. You will definitely notice the difference. If you can ever
find one.

"groover" <sambadeamigo@woohah.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> I got a athlon 64 3200+ and radeon 9200 but i think i need a new graphics
> card so is it worth getting the 6800ultra?? also would i notice a bit
> difference?? and
> have i got the Cpu to handle it??
>
> :)

"groover" <sambadeamigo@woohah.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> I got a athlon 64 3200+ and radeon 9200 but i think i need a new graphics
> card so is it worth getting the 6800ultra?? also would i notice a bit
> difference?? and
> have i got the Cpu to handle it??

Let's see you want to go from a low end radeon to a top of the line Geforce.
Nope sorry you're not going to see any difference. In fact the fps will
probably decrease.

Great choice of a card.
Be sure you have a hefty power supply.
Otherwise, yeah, I think this is the card to get if you are considering
either this one or ATI's new best card.
They run neck and neck on current games with the ATI being a *tiny* bit
faster overall.
But to me that is outweighed by the 6800Ultra's Shader 3 capabilities which
make it a card that will be better able to handle the next generation of
games. Correct me if I'm wrong, people, but does the 6800Ultra also have a
slightly newer version of Direct X compared to ATI's latest?

"Scotter" <spam@spam.com> wrote in message
> Great choice of a card.
> Be sure you have a hefty power supply.
> Otherwise, yeah, I think this is the card to get if you are considering
> either this one or ATI's new best card.
> They run neck and neck on current games with the ATI being a *tiny* bit
> faster overall.
> But to me that is outweighed by the 6800Ultra's Shader 3 capabilities
which
> make it a card that will be better able to handle the next generation of
> games. Correct me if I'm wrong, people, but does the 6800Ultra also have a
> slightly newer version of Direct X compared to ATI's latest?

No, because nVidia and ATI don't make DirectX. They use whatever MS
produces and is installed on your system.

As for the PS3.0 capabilities... most games today still don't even use PS2.0
commands. Kinda like having a car with a giant tank for storing hydrogen.
Sure, one day you could use it for a fusion engine. Pretty much useless for
the forseeable future, though. If I remember right, DirectX 9.0b doesn't
even support PS3.0. We have to wait for 9.0c for that support. Could be
wrong though. It's late and I'm sick. :) Regardless, I don't think PS3.0
support should be a big concern when buying a card in the next few months.

Wonder if you were ever a newby, dumbass.

"Blainer" <nospam@myplace.com> wrote in
<ALTvc.17337$gf1.42880@news1.mts.net>:

>"Scotter" <spam@spam.com> wrote in message
>> Great choice of a card.
>> Be sure you have a hefty power supply.
>> Otherwise, yeah, I think this is the card to get if you are
>> considering either this one or ATI's new best card.
>> They run neck and neck on current games with the ATI being a *tiny*
>> bit faster overall.
>> But to me that is outweighed by the 6800Ultra's Shader 3 capabilities
>which
>> make it a card that will be better able to handle the next generation
>> of games. Correct me if I'm wrong, people, but does the 6800Ultra also
>> have a slightly newer version of Direct X compared to ATI's latest?
>
>No, because nVidia and ATI don't make DirectX. They use whatever MS
>produces and is installed on your system.
>
>As for the PS3.0 capabilities... most games today still don't even use
>PS2.0 commands. Kinda like having a car with a giant tank for storing
>hydrogen. Sure, one day you could use it for a fusion engine. Pretty
>much useless for the forseeable future, though. If I remember right,
>DirectX 9.0b doesn't even support PS3.0. We have to wait for 9.0c for
>that support. Could be wrong though. It's late and I'm sick. :)
>Regardless, I don't think PS3.0 support should be a big concern when
>buying a card in the next few months.

We are just seeing the Rise of PS2.0 .... so indeed.. the time that PS3.0
will be used in games will be... probably not within this year!

Buy a Radeon 9800 Pro, best card for the money and when the NEW cards
come down in price alittle get one :)

On 04 Jun 2004 11:37:43 GMT, no_spam@spamnet.nl (Dark Avenger) wrote:

>"Blainer" <nospam@myplace.com> wrote in
><ALTvc.17337$gf1.42880@news1.mts.net>:
>

>>"Scotter" <spam@spam.com> wrote in message
>>> Great choice of a card.
>>> Be sure you have a hefty power supply.
>>> Otherwise, yeah, I think this is the card to get if you are
>>> considering either this one or ATI's new best card.
>>> They run neck and neck on current games with the ATI being a *tiny*
>>> bit faster overall.
>>> But to me that is outweighed by the 6800Ultra's Shader 3 capabilities
>>which
>>> make it a card that will be better able to handle the next generation
>>> of games. Correct me if I'm wrong, people, but does the 6800Ultra also
>>> have a slightly newer version of Direct X compared to ATI's latest?
>>
>>No, because nVidia and ATI don't make DirectX. They use whatever MS
>>produces and is installed on your system.
>>
>>As for the PS3.0 capabilities... most games today still don't even use
>>PS2.0 commands. Kinda like having a car with a giant tank for storing
>>hydrogen. Sure, one day you could use it for a fusion engine. Pretty
>>much useless for the forseeable future, though. If I remember right,
>>DirectX 9.0b doesn't even support PS3.0. We have to wait for 9.0c for
>>that support. Could be wrong though. It's late and I'm sick. :)
>>Regardless, I don't think PS3.0 support should be a big concern when
>>buying a card in the next few months.
>>

>We are just seeing the Rise of PS2.0 .... so indeed.. the time that PS3.0
>will be used in games will be... probably not within this year!

"groover" <sambadeamigo@woohah.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message news:c9oa78$tt6$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk...
> I got a athlon 64 3200+ and radeon 9200 but i think i need a new graphics
> card so is it worth getting the 6800ultra?? also would i notice a bit
> difference?? and
> have i got the Cpu to handle it??
>
> :)

A 6800ultra would wipe the floor with the radeon. I reckon you already
knew that, you big flaunt, you. ;) "have i got the Cpu to handle it??" lol.

Nice to see someone who recognises that true happiness is owning a
god-box.

Tony.

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 00:28:00 -0500, "Blainer" <nospam@myplace.com>
wrote:

>"Scotter" <spam@spam.com> wrote in message
>> Great choice of a card.
>> Be sure you have a hefty power supply.
>> Otherwise, yeah, I think this is the card to get if you are considering
>> either this one or ATI's new best card.
>> They run neck and neck on current games with the ATI being a *tiny* bit
>> faster overall.
>> But to me that is outweighed by the 6800Ultra's Shader 3 capabilities
>which
>> make it a card that will be better able to handle the next generation of
>> games. Correct me if I'm wrong, people, but does the 6800Ultra also have a
>> slightly newer version of Direct X compared to ATI's latest?
>
>No, because nVidia and ATI don't make DirectX. They use whatever MS
>produces and is installed on your system.
>
>As for the PS3.0 capabilities... most games today still don't even use PS2.0
>commands. Kinda like having a car with a giant tank for storing hydrogen.
>Sure, one day you could use it for a fusion engine. Pretty much useless for

Yeah... look at the GF-5900 and ATI9800 cards... now that they are at
the END of their life cycle, the games that PUSH them are just coming
out....

Far Cry and HL2 gets about 30fps on those cards... compared to 50 or
so on the new X800/6800 cards.

Remember when the GF3 was going to be the REQUIREMENT standard for
Doom3?! (Quake 3 came out before the original GeForce).

Imagine running Doom3 on a GF3 card... bwahahaha...

- - - - -
Remember: In the USA - it is dangeroud to draw or write about Heir Bush in a negative way. The police or SS are called, people threaten to kill you. (What country is this again?)

- 15yr old boy in Washington was disciplined for drawing such images.
- White House blows cover of an undercover agent because her husband said there were no WMD (before the USA started the war) - her job was finding terrorist. (This makes sense?)
God bless the land of the free. Where you can burn the Constitution... Ashcroft does it every day.