Geforce3 -> 5900xt upgrade question

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

I am running the lastest nvidia drivers on windows XP, when I upgrade the
card, do I need to re-install the drivers, or can I just swap the cards out
and let windows pick up the change?

Thanks

GTS

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2003

When I changed from a GF4 to an FX I had to re-install drivers, which is
weird considering they are unified drivers...
"Steve" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> I am running the lastest nvidia drivers on windows XP, when I upgrade the
> card, do I need to re-install the drivers, or can I just swap the cards
out
> and let windows pick up the change?
>
> Thanks

> > I am running the lastest nvidia drivers on windows XP, when I upgrade the
> > card, do I need to re-install the drivers, or can I just swap the cards
> out
> > and let windows pick up the change?
> >
> > Thanks
>
> When I changed from a GF4 to an FX I had to re-install drivers, which is
> weird considering they are unified drivers...

It's not really.....
The unified 'driver' just contains all the different variations of driver and the one that
you need is installed. If you change your card, you have to reinstall the driver.

-
Ad