Which gfx plays Dx 9 games best 9800 pro or 5900?

Which one of these cards will run Direct x 9 games best 9800 pro or 5900?
Remember I been reading all the sites so I know when ppl are lying

On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 19:00:21 GMT, "wired and confused"
<johnsongerry@comcast.net> wrote:

>Which one of these cards will run Direct x 9 games best 9800 pro or 5900?
>Remember I been reading all the sites so I know when ppl are lying

Which ever your a fan of.

"wired and confused" <johnsongerry@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Which one of these cards will run Direct x 9 games best 9800 pro or 5900?
> Remember I been reading all the sites so I know when ppl are lying

If you've been reading all the sites, why are you asking the question then?
I think I hear your parents calling you for your afternoon nap.

lee

How i understand it is that the 9800 pro will beat nvidia in Direct3D but
nvidia will beat ATI in OpenGL, someone correct if me i am way of the mark.

On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 19:00:21 GMT, "wired and confused"
<johnsongerry@comcast.net> wrote:

>:>Which one of these cards will run Direct x 9 games best 9800 pro or 5900?
>:>Remember I been reading all the sites so I know when ppl are lying
>:>

-----
Lee.

I dont fan anywhere I had both I been Ati Rage pro 4mb fan Voodoo 3 2000 pci
Geforce 2 Gts Pro then I went to My Ti4600 Visiontek then to 9500 premod
9700 after I burned it up in overclocking I went back to my Ti 4600 and
been happier because of the 9500 lock ups I was bothered by it. So as u
can see I am no fanboy. I just care about graphics . I still like the
geforce cards they rock but there all subpar in dx 9 .

wired and confused wrote:

> Which one of these cards will run Direct x 9 games best 9800 pro or 5900?
> Remember I been reading all the sites so I know when ppl are lying

Um.. The 5900 typically performs about 10X faster than the 9800 pro,
with scores averaging about 600 FPS is most newer games at 1920x1440
with 32xAA/AF and 256-bit color depth. Oh wait, you've been 'reading
all the sites' so you know I'm lying. Which means you know what most
benchmark tests show. Which means.. uh.. why are you asking this question?

--
cK

The GF6 series though are pretty good in Directx 9.... after all, the FX
series was a 4x2 setup ( no 8x1 as some wish you to belief ) but the GF6
series has 16 pipelines.... now... this indeed means going from a cheap
family car to a racemonster!

<TXOwc.61123$Ly.31489@attbi_s01>:

>I dont fan anywhere I had both I been Ati Rage pro 4mb fan Voodoo 3 2000
>pci Geforce 2 Gts Pro then I went to My Ti4600 Visiontek then to 9500
>premod 9700 after I burned it up in overclocking I went back to my Ti
>4600 and been happier because of the 9500 lock ups I was bothered by
>it. So as u can see I am no fanboy. I just care about graphics . I
>still like the geforce cards they rock but there all subpar in dx 9 .

This poster is a troll... ignore his future posts. If you look on
every thread he starts, its nothing more than to flame Nvidia.

On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 22:06:59 GMT, Lee
<leecomp@REMOVETHISblueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>How i understand it is that the 9800 pro will beat nvidia in Direct3D but
>nvidia will beat ATI in OpenGL, someone correct if me i am way of the mark.
>
>On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 19:00:21 GMT, "wired and confused"
><johnsongerry@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>:>Which one of these cards will run Direct x 9 games best 9800 pro or 5900?
>>:>Remember I been reading all the sites so I know when ppl are lying
>>:>
>
>-----
>Lee.

- - - - -
Remember: In the USA - it is dangeroud to draw or write about Heir Bush in a negative way. The police or SS are called, people threaten to kill you. (What country is this again?)

- 15yr old boy in Washington was disciplined for drawing such images.
- White House blows cover of an undercover agent because her husband said there were no WMD (before the USA started the war) - her job was finding terrorist. (This makes sense?)
God bless the land of the free. Where you can burn the Constitution... Ashcroft does it every day.

After reading benchmark scores on my setup using abit NF7-S at futuremark it
shows fsb has to be overclocked alot to keep up with 9800 pro's . scores
were 6000 overclocked system for nvidia 5900
9800 same setup as me but everything was using defualt on the fsb and wer
6800 3dmark 2003 no overclock
So it seems the 5900 is more cpu dependent where the 9800 is using the gpu
and not the cpu like nvidia. Leaving more cpu for other things giving u
better scores. Looking and decided 5900 fx . And 9800 pro will run doom 3
half life 2 easily .
"cK-Gunslinger" <cK@nowayinhell.com> wrote in message
> wired and confused wrote:
>
> > Which one of these cards will run Direct x 9 games best 9800 pro or
5900?
> > Remember I been reading all the sites so I know when ppl are lying
> >

> Um.. The 5900 typically performs about 10X faster than the 9800 pro,
> with scores averaging about 600 FPS is most newer games at 1920x1440
> with 32xAA/AF and 256-bit color depth. Oh wait, you've been 'reading
> all the sites' so you know I'm lying. Which means you know what most
> benchmark tests show. Which means.. uh.. why are you asking this
question?

> --
> cK

This means I dont need overclock anything to achieve higher scores.
> After reading benchmark scores on my setup using abit NF7-S at futuremark
it
> shows fsb has to be overclocked alot to keep up with 9800 pro's . scores
> were 6000 overclocked system for nvidia 5900
> 9800 same setup as me but everything was using defualt on the fsb and wer
> 6800 3dmark 2003 no overclock
> So it seems the 5900 is more cpu dependent where the 9800 is using the gpu
> and not the cpu like nvidia. Leaving more cpu for other things giving u
> better scores. Looking and decided 5900 fx . And 9800 pro will run doom 3
> half life 2 easily .
> "cK-Gunslinger" <cK@nowayinhell.com> wrote in message
> > wired and confused wrote:
> >
> > > Which one of these cards will run Direct x 9 games best 9800 pro or
> 5900?
> > > Remember I been reading all the sites so I know when ppl are lying
> > >

> > Um.. The 5900 typically performs about 10X faster than the 9800 pro,
> > with scores averaging about 600 FPS is most newer games at 1920x1440
> > with 32xAA/AF and 256-bit color depth. Oh wait, you've been 'reading
> > all the sites' so you know I'm lying. Which means you know what most
> > benchmark tests show. Which means.. uh.. why are you asking this
> question?
> >
> > --
> > cK

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 19:37:24 GMT, "wired and confused"
<johnsongerry@comcast.net> wrote:

>After reading benchmark scores on my setup using abit NF7-S at futuremark it
>shows fsb has to be overclocked alot to keep up with 9800 pro's . scores
>were 6000 overclocked system for nvidia 5900
>9800 same setup as me but everything was using defualt on the fsb and wer
>6800 3dmark 2003 no overclock
>So it seems the 5900 is more cpu dependent where the 9800 is using the gpu
>and not the cpu like nvidia. Leaving more cpu for other things giving u
>better scores. Looking and decided 5900 fx . And 9800 pro will run doom 3
>half life 2 easily .

Thats funny...

Okay... if the 5900 is spending more time talking to the CPU, then it
means its using more BANDWIDTH wasting time talking to the CPU than
doing its own job!

And considering the difference with CURRENT games with the 5900 vs
9800, with a game like Half Life - it would be worse.

Besides, youre just a troll - yea postings in the ATI group are just
as odd.

- - - - -