Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

3dmark '03 FX5900 Ultra - please post your 3dmark scores h..

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
Anonymous
June 8, 2004 7:09:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Hi, I would like to compare my 3dmarks to other users with similar hardware.
I got 5627 with the following setup:

AthlonXP 3000+ @2.25ghz (fsb overclocked to 340mhz)
Soltek KT400-C
MSI FX5900 Ultra 256mb @ stock speed
1GB (2x512mb) Corsair TwinX DDR333 memory
June 8, 2004 7:09:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Mine is about the same

Daniel

"mimayin" <mimayin@gamebox.net> wrote in message
news:ca4hgt$vn6$1@news5.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Hi, I would like to compare my 3dmarks to other users with similar
hardware.
> I got 5627 with the following setup:
>
> AthlonXP 3000+ @2.25ghz (fsb overclocked to 340mhz)
> Soltek KT400-C
> MSI FX5900 Ultra 256mb @ stock speed
> 1GB (2x512mb) Corsair TwinX DDR333 memory
>
>
>
June 9, 2004 2:18:42 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"mimayin" <mimayin@gamebox.net> wrote in message
news:ca4hgt$vn6$1@news5.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Hi, I would like to compare my 3dmarks to other users with similar
hardware.
> I got 5627 with the following setup:
>
> AthlonXP 3000+ @2.25ghz (fsb overclocked to 340mhz)
> Soltek KT400-C
> MSI FX5900 Ultra 256mb @ stock speed
> 1GB (2x512mb) Corsair TwinX DDR333 memory
>
>
>

Why not post your compare URL too?
Related resources
Anonymous
June 9, 2004 5:29:29 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Athlon 64 FX51 @ 2.21 ghz
MSI K8T Master2-FAR
Albatron FX5900 Turbo @ 433/850
1GB (2X512mb) Corsair registered DDR-SDRAM

3dMark 03 = 5872


On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 15:09:40 +0100, "mimayin" <mimayin@gamebox.net>
wrote:

>Hi, I would like to compare my 3dmarks to other users with similar hardware.
>I got 5627 with the following setup:
>
>AthlonXP 3000+ @2.25ghz (fsb overclocked to 340mhz)
>Soltek KT400-C
>MSI FX5900 Ultra 256mb @ stock speed
>1GB (2x512mb) Corsair TwinX DDR333 memory
>
>
Anonymous
June 9, 2004 10:02:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=1917528
3dMark 2003 score: 6686
FX-51 overclocked to 2.275 ghz
MSI K8T800 Master 2-FAR
GeForce 5950 ultra (301mhz/983mhz) driver version 53.03
1 gig (2 x 512) Corsair TwinX DDR333

"mimayin" <mimayin@gamebox.net> wrote in message
news:ca4hgt$vn6$1@news5.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Hi, I would like to compare my 3dmarks to other users with similar
hardware.
> I got 5627 with the following setup:
>
> AthlonXP 3000+ @2.25ghz (fsb overclocked to 340mhz)
> Soltek KT400-C
> MSI FX5900 Ultra 256mb @ stock speed
> 1GB (2x512mb) Corsair TwinX DDR333 memory
>
>
>
Anonymous
June 9, 2004 11:09:42 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

I get 6097 with only a FX5800Ultra and a 533Mhz P4 2.8!!
No overclocking!!
I thought the FX5900 was supposed to be faster?

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=2252154

GigaByte GA-8IHXP P4 Titan
Intel P4 2.8Ghz 533FSB
512Mb PC1066 Rambus RDRAM
Fujitsu 36Gb Ultra-160 SCSI
DVD Rom
CD-RW
nVidia FX5800Ultra 128Mb
WindowsXP Home
Anonymous
June 9, 2004 12:08:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

v56k wrote:
>
> I get 6097 with only a FX5800Ultra and a 533Mhz P4 2.8!!
> No overclocking!!
> I thought the FX5900 was supposed to be faster?
>
> http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=2252154
>
> GigaByte GA-8IHXP P4 Titan
> Intel P4 2.8Ghz 533FSB
> 512Mb PC1066 Rambus RDRAM
> Fujitsu 36Gb Ultra-160 SCSI
> DVD Rom
> CD-RW
> nVidia FX5800Ultra 128Mb
> WindowsXP Home
>

And to add to the AGP 4x v 8x debate I only use 4x!!
Anonymous
June 9, 2004 5:37:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"mimayin" <mimayin@gamebox.net> wrote in message news:ca4hgt$vn6$1@news5.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Hi, I would like to compare my 3dmarks to other users with similar hardware.
> I got 5627 with the following setup:
>
> AthlonXP 3000+ @2.25ghz (fsb overclocked to 340mhz)
> Soltek KT400-C
> MSI FX5900 Ultra 256mb @ stock speed
> 1GB (2x512mb) Corsair TwinX DDR333 memory
>

5912. I closed down all startup progs and non-microsoft services unrelated to nVidia.

MSI FX5900U-VTD256
P4 3Ghz (FSB 400Mhz)
1GB Kingston HyperX (2x 512MB PC3500)

Asus P4C800E-D

Tony.
June 9, 2004 9:14:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"v56k" <v56k@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:Hzzxc.17103654$Id.2828503@news.easynews.com...
> v56k wrote:
> >
> > I get 6097 with only a FX5800Ultra and a 533Mhz P4 2.8!!
> > No overclocking!!
> > I thought the FX5900 was supposed to be faster?
> >
> > http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=2252154
> >
> > GigaByte GA-8IHXP P4 Titan
> > Intel P4 2.8Ghz 533FSB
> > 512Mb PC1066 Rambus RDRAM
> > Fujitsu 36Gb Ultra-160 SCSI
> > DVD Rom
> > CD-RW
> > nVidia FX5800Ultra 128Mb
> > WindowsXP Home
> >
>
> And to add to the AGP 4x v 8x debate I only use 4x!!

thats some fill rate you have on that card!! 14969.2 vs 2578.1 on me 9700
Pro. I got no where near that with my FX5900 either!
Anonymous
June 9, 2004 11:32:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

I am looking at your 3dMark project and see high mhz for your video card.
Does your video card run stock at 501mhz/999mhz?
By the way, It makes sense for a 5800ultra to outperform a 5900 but who
knows?
And a 533FSB 2.8ghz P4 is no slouch! Well except compared to an FX51, hehe
:) 
I wonder how much difference that 4x/8x AGP setting you mention makes? Why
faster when set lower?


"v56k" <v56k@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:WIyxc.17100435$Id.2827578@news.easynews.com...
>
> I get 6097 with only a FX5800Ultra and a 533Mhz P4 2.8!!
> No overclocking!!
> I thought the FX5900 was supposed to be faster?
>
> http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=2252154
>
> GigaByte GA-8IHXP P4 Titan
> Intel P4 2.8Ghz 533FSB
> 512Mb PC1066 Rambus RDRAM
> Fujitsu 36Gb Ultra-160 SCSI
> DVD Rom
> CD-RW
> nVidia FX5800Ultra 128Mb
> WindowsXP Home
>
Anonymous
June 9, 2004 11:43:13 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Athlon XP3200+ @ 2.4 GHz, multiplier x 12
Gigabyte GA-7NNXP
Asus FX5900, bios flashed to 5950 Ultra @ 475 / 950
512 MB Corsair DDR-400 RAM

Vid - 1024x768x32, NVIDIA Driver ver. 6.1.1.2, benchmarks run at default
settings.
3DMark2001se - 16,339
3DMark03 - 5,820
AquaMark3 - 42,172 GFX 5,793 / CPU 7,744

Wayne
Anonymous
June 10, 2004 1:50:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Intel 3.2Ghz
gigabyte GA-8KNXP
2gig ram
PNY FX5900 Ultra
all default settings in 3dMark 03 v330
no tweaking

6247

"www.ttdown.com" <trynn@verizon.net> wrote in message
news:kfmcc0d6ki1a8l025gn18bbe1v59nm8p2u@4ax.com...
> Athlon 64 FX51 @ 2.21 ghz
> MSI K8T Master2-FAR
> Albatron FX5900 Turbo @ 433/850
> 1GB (2X512mb) Corsair registered DDR-SDRAM
>
> 3dMark 03 = 5872
>
>
> On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 15:09:40 +0100, "mimayin" <mimayin@gamebox.net>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi, I would like to compare my 3dmarks to other users with similar
hardware.
> >I got 5627 with the following setup:
> >
> >AthlonXP 3000+ @2.25ghz (fsb overclocked to 340mhz)
> >Soltek KT400-C
> >MSI FX5900 Ultra 256mb @ stock speed
> >1GB (2x512mb) Corsair TwinX DDR333 memory
> >
> >
>
Anonymous
June 10, 2004 2:42:40 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"Scotter" <spam@spam.com> wrote in message
news:sBJxc.2552$KL2.428@fe2.texas.rr.com...
> I am looking at your 3dMark project and see high mhz for your video card.
> Does your video card run stock at 501mhz/999mhz?
> By the way, It makes sense for a 5800ultra to outperform a 5900 but who
> knows?

A 5800 Ultra should no be faster than a 5900 Ultra
Anonymous
June 10, 2004 4:46:49 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

I believe it was 5800 ULTRA vs. plain 5900 [NOT ultra]

"Mark Leuck" <m..leuck@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:AnMxc.9219$0y.4117@attbi_s03...
>
> "Scotter" <spam@spam.com> wrote in message
> news:sBJxc.2552$KL2.428@fe2.texas.rr.com...
> > I am looking at your 3dMark project and see high mhz for your video
card.
> > Does your video card run stock at 501mhz/999mhz?
> > By the way, It makes sense for a 5800ultra to outperform a 5900 but who
> > knows?
>
> A 5800 Ultra should no be faster than a 5900 Ultra
>
>
Anonymous
June 10, 2004 11:18:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Scotter wrote:
> I am looking at your 3dMark project and see high mhz for your video card.
> Does your video card run stock at 501mhz/999mhz?
This is standard speed for a 5800 Ultra in 3D Mode.

> By the way, It makes sense for a 5800ultra to outperform a 5900 but who
> knows?
> And a 533FSB 2.8ghz P4 is no slouch! Well except compared to an FX51, hehe
> :) 
Agreed but there are faster CPU's here that have slower scores.

> I wonder how much difference that 4x/8x AGP setting you mention makes? Why
> faster when set lower?
Its not faster when set lower it;s just that my mobo only supports AGP
4x - ie. I get this score with an AGP 4x mobo.
Anonymous
June 11, 2004 12:02:40 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"v56k" <v56k@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:o XTxc.6314713$iA2.722497@news.easynews.com...
> Scotter wrote:
> > I am looking at your 3dMark project and see high mhz for your video card.
> > Does your video card run stock at 501mhz/999mhz?
> This is standard speed for a 5800 Ultra in 3D Mode.
>
> > By the way, It makes sense for a 5800ultra to outperform a 5900 but who
> > knows?
> > And a 533FSB 2.8ghz P4 is no slouch! Well except compared to an FX51, hehe
> > :) 
> Agreed but there are faster CPU's here that have slower scores.

OK, so... by how much should I overclock my card to make it produce the same amount of heat and noise as a
FX5800 Ultra?

Tony.
Anonymous
June 14, 2004 6:44:08 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

You may get far higher scores in v313, before Futuremark nullified some of
the nVidia optimizations. However, according to the company, scores across
all versions are comparable. :-)

--
"War is the continuation of politics by other means.
It can therefore be said that politics is war without
bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed."



"Timothy Drouillard" <timdrouillard@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:xJSdnQ_FQbAXI1rdRVn_iw@comcast.com...
> Intel 3.2Ghz
> gigabyte GA-8KNXP
> 2gig ram
> PNY FX5900 Ultra
> all default settings in 3dMark 03 v330
> no tweaking
>
> 6247
>
> "www.ttdown.com" <trynn@verizon.net> wrote in message
> news:kfmcc0d6ki1a8l025gn18bbe1v59nm8p2u@4ax.com...
> > Athlon 64 FX51 @ 2.21 ghz
> > MSI K8T Master2-FAR
> > Albatron FX5900 Turbo @ 433/850
> > 1GB (2X512mb) Corsair registered DDR-SDRAM
> >
> > 3dMark 03 = 5872
> >
> >
> > On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 15:09:40 +0100, "mimayin" <mimayin@gamebox.net>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >Hi, I would like to compare my 3dmarks to other users with similar
> hardware.
> > >I got 5627 with the following setup:
> > >
> > >AthlonXP 3000+ @2.25ghz (fsb overclocked to 340mhz)
> > >Soltek KT400-C
> > >MSI FX5900 Ultra 256mb @ stock speed
> > >1GB (2x512mb) Corsair TwinX DDR333 memory
> > >
> > >
> >
>
>
!